5* Champ Levels

Straycat
Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
I never really cared about 5* champ levels. To me they're either champed or they're not. But at what point does it make a big difference? I remember getting rocked by a Panthos team that must have been way above base level, but I don't remember what level they were. After finally champing Okoye I'm finding her to be a bit more limited in 5* teams since she really needs to tank. Did the 3 champ level sacrifice swap stop her from tanking over a 450 Jessica Jones or a 457 Daredevil? Or does it take 5-10 levels before real change is noticed?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    10 champ levels on a 5* gives a noticeable boost in power. It's not like amazing or anything, but its significant.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    The leveling curve is steeper after about 300..  The power gap between a 270 and 280 Character is much smaller than the gap between a 450 and 460.  (This is true across all * tiers.  You can see the accelerating level power curve by looking at the gap between unleveled and max leveled characters.  Between 70 and 270, 4*s gain about 2x ability strength, but 5*s gain about 4x between 255 and 450, and most of that gain is between 350 and 450.)

A full 550 champ is a bit more than 2x the health, match damage, and ability power.

For 5*s in the 450-460 range, each champed level is +3-5 match damage in their strong colors, and a few hundred health and power strength.  It's enough that 5-10 champ levels becomes pretty noticeable, and 30 champ levels is a very big deal.
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Is this a good time to ask if Level 10 will ever make it to game? It's been coming soon for a very long time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bobdvol said:
    Is this a good time to ask if Level 10 will ever make it to game? It's been coming soon for a very long time.
    Who are you asking?  We’ve brought that up pretty consistently with no dev response yet.