Is there a plan for post-iso players to use up their stash?

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
I know there is only a small % of players that are post-iso, I've got 5.5M in my bank and it's slowly rising. Others in my alliance have even larger amounts.

Is there any plan to let us have some way to turn it in for other rewards?  I doubt HP/CP, maybe some type of limited 4* cover pack?

There is literally nothing I can earn that I can spend that much iso on ever, when considering how much I earn w/ PVP and PVE play.

Comments

• shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I never thought it would be possible but I am at this point too and would love a place to put the iso.  So far my only outlets have been to skip indiscriminately, buy iso boosts whenever I want and level my 2-star and 3-star dupes as I go rather than waiting for the iso-influx that comes from selling a max-covered champion.

If nothing else posts like this should help the people feel better who are still millions of iso in the "hole".  With non-whale consistent play, you can eventually find yourself with over a million iso  (I am no where near the OP) and really no where to spend it.

It's a nice feeling to have in some ways, but with the deals lately trying to entice us to spend cp and/or hero points, maybe something can be done with excess iso?

Here's hoping for something official down the line = even an inter-alliance gifting system (like where you can send help to facebook friends) would be cool.  There are tons of people in my alliance who would appreciate little iso drops from those that are able to send them.

Devs please think about it.  I'm sure you could come up with an even better idea!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The real benefit of post iso is essentially free boosts and skips.  The boosts really do make a difference
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 million for a roster slot, job done.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Are you farming your 4*s? I'm not there yet, but it seems like that's a good place to plan on using it.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    I've started to accrue iso fairly quickly now that my 4* champing mission is nearly complete. I've got 69 champed 4*s at the time of writing, with four more close to champing. I've got two champed 5*s (Phoenix and JJ, who work quite well together as it happens), but I'm nowhere near champing any more due to cover dilution. I've got about 1.3m iso banked, and maxchamping and rebuilding 2*s and especially 3*s really does help you acquire iso pretty quickly. 
  • DrStrangelov3
    DrStrangelov3 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    fmftint said:
    But seriously there are so few players in this situation it likely isn't even a blip on the radar and therefore not worth sinking any development resources at at
    While I agree that it is a very small percentage of the overall players, I bet this situation is a large percentage of the WHALES.  And you got to keep whales happy and spending.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kishida said:
    Are you farming your 4*s? I'm not there yet, but it seems like that's a good place to plan on using it.
    You don't even notice the ISO you need for dupe 4s, because thanks to mega dilution, the covers trickle in so slowly.
    You DO notice the HP for the roster slots though, because that one is due as soon as you get your first cover of the dupe.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    For much of your time playing MPQ, you always want more iso and keep playing for it(since you always have characters needing it, for a long time).  So you constantly get small amounts of it so you feel like you're making progress.  Then one day you've pretty much leveled everyone, but the game keeps giving you iso for almost every match you play.

HP is the thing you actually buy, and you get less of, and the need only gets most felt at certain times (roster slot needed, shielding in PVP, seeing that cover you can't pull from the vault).  Making the need spike makes buying some seem more reasonable since you can think "I just need this much and then I'm good for a while."

While you can get post HP if you decide to stop pulling from vaults and don't shield, it still accumulates a lot more slowly and you can often find uses for it so no one complains about it.

Post-Iso...yeah.  There's so little upside in spending developer time on addressing what impacts a small % of people.  I'd say the options are to either enjoy being able to not worry about it whatsoever, or realize that you've basically won the game and decide what you want to do with that.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I agree that it is a very small percentage of the overall players, I bet this situation is a large percentage of the WHALES.  And you got to keep whales happy and spending.  
    I've been looking at their rosters for years. They have been post ISO for multiple years. With 4, 5 or 6 copies of 4*s multiple 5* copies and more 3* champs than I have characters.

I really don't think creating something for that excess ISO is something they spend much time worrying about.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had I of stayed in 4* land like I thought I would, I’d be swimming in that purple stuff. In order for me to be post-iso now as a 5* player, I would need to:

1. Build 1.7 million for when I open my Doom/Marvel/??? hoard. 

2. Build 811k to champ Namor, Magik, Talos. 

3. Build 1.2 million to go back and champ my max covered Angel, Goblin and Ghost Rider. 

4. Plus another 2.3 million once Gambit gets a feeder and I get the last cover I need for Loki/Panther/Cap/Fisk 

5. Then another 3.4 million to softcap the rest of the fives at various cover levels. 

By that point, there will be tons of even newer characters. And guess what? I just hit a milestone, max-champing my first dupe 3*. Rather than selling and rerostering I’m housing a third. 3* Steve was first but surely won’t be last. So once I’ve done all of the above, I will then have a new farming project sorely in need of resources. After THAT it’s on to max-champing third copies of all the 2* so I’m Thanos-proof. 

Then... post iso... 

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is something they could do very easily requiring little development time.
    Create a limited time support store where you could buy support tokens for iso.
    it would be a de facto currency exchange for purple to red iso while also getting more supports into the hands of players.
    This requires no real time to implement the store and the only real thought required is how to set the price on tokens.
    Great idea.  

I have about 7 mil iso.  Stopped playing LRs because it was boring and don’t need the ISO, ever. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm kinda post ISO. If I had a more steady stream of 5* covers so I could champ 'em all, I'd have more use for what I have.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I'm post-ISO for almost six months now. Since I have all of my 5* and 4* characters at their maximum level, I mostly spend my ISO when I'm leveling up  a new released 4* or when I'm championing 2*/3* duplicates.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt they're ever going to give you something you'd consider worth while to spend it on.  Having players like you with massive stock piles and nowhere else to spend it makes it a bad currency to use for new systems.
    For example, the supports feature could have used regular purple iso as a levelling currency.  If that was the case, post-iso users would be in a position to immediately max out every support they received. Other players would need to pick and choose whether to pour iso into their supports or characters.  Instead they picked a new currency that started everyone at zero.  I suspect the same will happen for any other major new systems in the game.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Standard tokens used to be something you could buy for iso. Just sayin'....
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I hit post-Iso about seven or eight months ago, I'm at 5.9 million currently.  I boost two slots for pretty much every non-trivial match and of course don't even hesitate to skip indefinitely.

I can't imagine it's a high priority to give those of us there something to spend it on, but it would be nice to be sure.

Regarding a 4* farm I have exactly one duplicate 4* - Captain Marvel.  I have three 4*s over 360 (Miles, Medusa, and Peggy.)  I will definitely duplicate any 4* that goes to 370 - the rewards are far too good not to, and a high level 4* is still very, very useful.  I strongly suspect I will never get to the point where I feel like I can sell the main 4* - I don't think I'd do so until the dupe is above 350...

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, the plan is to start chasing supports and red iso instead.  

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Standard tokens used to be something you could buy for iso. Just sayin'....
    This was removed when bonus hero was introduced. Standards rate for 3* and 4* are so low that it always triggered a bonus hero. If they allowed tokens to be purchased with iso, I assumed they would also remove bonus hero