***** Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,
"With Earth caught in the middle of a war between alien races, Captain Marvel must rise up to save it. As the Kree-Skrull War rages, she stands tall, a galactic warrior and one of the universe's most powerful Super Heroes.

Can she reconcile her mysterious past to save a present in turmoil?"

We hope everyone enjoyed the sneak peek of Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior) in the Marvel Games clip on Marvel.com! Now that all her character and ability details are finalized, it's time to check out the brand new 5-Star Captain Marvel, and find out how you can recruit her onto your roster!

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, Avengers
 greentilepng yellowtilepng

(Health and match damage listed at level 450)
60586 Health
 797 | greentilepng 709 | yellowtilepng 620 |  394 | blacktilepng 101 | bluetilepng 94 | purpletilepng 86 |  4.0x

Mean Right Hook -  8  AP
Captain Marvel soars up swinging, blasting, and bashing in skulls and ships as she rockets through the atmosphere. Creates a 3-turn Red Repeater tile that deals 5,846 damage and creates 2 Red strength 213 Strike tiles.

(Passive) Whenever a friendly Strike tile is destroyed by any means other than a match, gain 1 Yellow AP.
  • Level 2: ...strength 240 Strike tiles...gain 2 Yellow AP.
  • Level 3: ...strength 266 Strike tiles.
  • Level 4: ...and creates 3 Red strength...
  • Level 5: Creates a 2-turn Red Repeater tile...
Event Horizon - greentilepng Passive
Captain Marvel draws power from within and readies herself for an attack. At the start of her turn, if one does not exist, create a 3-turn Green Repeater tile that generates 2 Green AP.

When Captain Marvel has 10 or more Green AP, this power becomes Photonic Rush and Captain Marvel's Event Horizon Repeater tile is removed. 
  • Level 2: No Change
  • Level 3: ...generates 3 Green AP.
  • Level 4: No Change
  • Level 5: No Change
Photonic Rush - 10 greentilepng AP
Captain Marvel goes binary, unleashing a massive surge of photonic energy. Captain Marvel places a 3-turn Countdown tile that destroys its row and deals 6643 damage. If the destroyed row contains friendly special tiles, destroy one additional row for every friendly special tile destroyed. Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.

(Passive) When Captain Marvel has less than 10 Green AP, this power becomes Event Horizon.
  • Level 2: ...places a 2-turn Countdown tile...
  • Level 3: No Change
  • Level 4: ...places a 1-turn Countdown tile...
  • Level 5: Captain Marvel destroys a random row...
Got Your Six - 8 yellowtilepng AP
Danvers is back in the cockpit, and she's pretty sure she remembers how to fly this thing well enough to save the day. Captain Marvel sends a chosen ally Airborne for 2 turns. When they land, heal the ally for a burst of 1727 and deal 3853 damage to the target.
  • Level 2: ...burst of 2126 health and deal 4916 damage...
  • Level 3: ...burst of 2657 health and deal 5979 damage...
  • Level 4: ...burst of 3587 health and deal 7972 damage...
  • Level 5: ...burst of 5447 health and deal 11958 damage...
Character Release Info

Recruit Captain Marvel!

Galactic Heroes - Special Legendary Store
  • Starts: 2/28/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 3/5/19, 12:00am ET
  • 15% chance to get Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior), Silver Surfer (Skyrider), or Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
Carol Danvers - Special Limited Vault
  • Ends: 3/4/19, 12:00pm ET
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Galactic Heroes Legendary Token
    • 1x Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) Black Cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star Covers
    • 6x Heroic Tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,00 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star Covers

Event Schedule

Come and Get Me - Alliance Event
  • Ends: 3/3/19, 11:59pm ET
  • Rewards Tokens to the Galactic Heroes Legendary cover store
What do you think is Captain Marvel's best build? Vote down below!

***** Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior) ***** 51 votes

5/5/3
13%
ThanosYasuruTaganovmoss04TrilateralusAndiTiZirtak_the_Second 7 votes
5/4/4
11%
rixmithbbiglerZolomspidyjedi84ManoPARazuhlui 6 votes
5/3/5
58%
OzarkBoatswainKolenceColognoisseurkillercoolwymtimejtmageeTiggidaPongiejackstar0rdvargas1GoBucsGobluewolfKGBthechairmanChunga5836InfectiousYawnReecohTeam_JacobPtahhotepjackpool1979 30 votes
4/5/4
1%
bonny79 1 vote
4/4/5
3%
Trerasactarus76 2 votes
3/5/5
9%
thedarkphoenixBlackBoltRocksKahmonHoundofShadowtheomen 5 votes

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Unless the Damage on Green scales up for the additional levels, I'm not seeing the value in chasing it.

She seems to be fun. Hopefully I can manage to get her rostered!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Not bad. That repeater everyone was wondering about turns out to only be part of the power. 

Doesn't look like she will dominate the tier but that she is a solid addition.

I'm not sure on best build. Green seems much better at 4 or 5 covers turning the countdown into a 1 turn instead of 2.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    5/3/5
    If only Vulture was a 5* to pair with her for the ultimate in airborne fun!

Her match damage and health continues the trend of the 5* creep. Those are some serious numbers.

I mentioned this before but I hate this look. She looks like Foghorn Leghorn (reverse red/yellow).  I pray she gets a costume change that removes that awful mask.

KGB
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    5/5/3
    I'm liking cutting Photonic Rush from a 2 turn countdown to an instant ability with cover investment. I think Got Your Six has some interesting tactical applications beyond the heal/damage. Heck, you can even get Vulture going on a black starved board if needs be.

Looks like fun.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    jackstar0 said:
    Unless the Damage on Green scales up for the additional levels, I'm not seeing the value in chasing it.

The value is the passive "at the beginning of the turn" component changes from placing a repeater that destroys a row, to just destroying that row. And if there are friendly strikes in that row, then gain x amount of yellow AP! That's worth chasing. Though I don't know if she displaces 50% Thor.

No mention of "destroyed tiles do  or do not deal damage or generate AP, i recommend that will be a deference maker
  • Brigby
    ABaker84 said:
    jackstar0 said:

The value is the passive "at the beginning of the turn" component changes from placing a repeater that destroys a row, to just destroying that row. And if there are friendly strikes in that row, then gain x amount of yellow AP! That's worth chasing. Though I don't know if she displaces 50% Thor.

No mention of "destroyed tiles do  or do not deal damage or generate AP, i recommend that will be a deference maker
    Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    For Photonic Rush, do you get to choose where the CD is placed?  Or it is randomly created (like, say, Daredevil's Hand to Hand CD)?  The description is a bit vague saying "Captain Marvel places a x-turn Countdown tile" vs "Create at 5-turn Green Countdown tile".
  • KGB
    edited February 2019
    5/3/5
    ABaker84 said:
    jackstar0 said:

Not quite. The repeater mechanism continues. The part that gets replaces is the 2 (or 1) turn count down before the row is destroyed.

So at 5 covers it will be place repeater. Next turn generate 3 green. Next turn generate 3 green. Next turn generate 3 green. Next turn generate 3 green (you now have 12) so the repeater is removed. Now you can fire her active Green (cost 10) and a 3 turn count down is placed that takes 3 more turns to destroy 1 row (at 5 covers this destroys a row immediately). It's 4 turns  to wait at 5 covers unless you are collecting green via matches. At fewer covers it's an eternity (potentially 10 turns if you can't collect any green and only get 2 per turn).

KGB
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Masked Carol with Vulture and Goblin could work. But have to consider 3/5/5 Vulture for the higher damage, using his AOE green from going airborne along with the only blue outlet. Goblin makes the repeaters work. And it looks like her red can stack too, so having them fortify each turn can lead to bunches ‘a punches. Being able to hurl Vulture up saves some black for the big Glider damage.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    5/4/4
    Since Photonic Rush is a CD not a repeater, I'm not really sure what advantage you get at 5 Green Covers?
  • KGB
    edited February 2019
    5/3/5
    rixmith said:
    Since Photonic Rush is a CD not a repeater, I'm not really sure what advantage you get at 5 Green Covers?
    Its a passive power that gives a repeater when you have <10 green.

At 10 green the repeater is removed and you get an active power that places a CD that destroys a row. At 5 covers it's instant so no CD placement.

It's a very slow power. You are better off pairing her with someone who can use green at <10 AP

KGB
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Um... the repeater part never gets shorter than 3 turns. So it's 13 turns, not 4.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    ABaker84 said:
    jackstar0 said:

Not quite. The repeater mechanism continues. The part that gets replaces is the 2 (or 1) turn count down before the row is destroyed.

So at 5 covers it will be place repeater. Next turn generate 3 green. Next turn generate 3 green. Next turn generate 3 green. Next turn generate 3 green (you now have 12) so the repeater is removed. Now you can fire her active Green (cost 10) and a 3 turn count down is placed that takes 3 more turns to destroy 1 row (at 5 covers this destroys a row immediately). It's 4 turns  to wait at 5 covers unless you are collecting green via matches. At fewer covers it's an eternity (potentially 10 turns if you can't collect any green and only get 2 per turn).

KGB
    Doesnt look like the green repeater ever drops from 3 turns, at 5 covers it just makes the active power process immediately.  If that's the case, this seems very slow.
  • Brigby
    bluewolf said:
    For Photonic Rush, do you get to choose where the CD is placed?  Or it is randomly created (like, say, Daredevil's Hand to Hand CD)?  The description is a bit vague saying "Captain Marvel places a x-turn Countdown tile" vs "Create at 5-turn Green Countdown tile".
    It's randomly created.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Princess Sparklefist! TM MSF
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    5/3/5
    She looks fun, but the green power should be an AOE or deal that 6K damage for each row destroyed. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not seeing where it says she destroys a row immediately. I see it saying at 5 covers she destroys a random row as opposed to the row the countdown is in. Am I missing something?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    rixmith said:
    I think at 5, it will destroy a row, instead of creating a countdown tile that does so.