A PvP Season of Off Season Events?

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Would you like to see a 10-event PvP Season (personally I was thinking the next time it's a Reality stone season) where all of the events were not those that feature a 3* or 4*, but rather only those events we typically get in between seasons.

In case you don't recall, the off-season PvP events include:

Combined Arms
Earth's Mightiest
Nefarious Foes
Balance of Power
Divine Champions
Black Vortex
Children of the Atom
Women of Marvel
Class of 2016, 2017, 2018
etc.

A PvP Season of Off Season Events? 74 votes

Yes, I would like to see a "season" of off-season events.
43%
TaganovMrBowersejmusSymmeTreyCT1888jackstar0rainkingucdbeyonderbubDaredevil217[Deleted User]The rockettmaguirenumber6AoABobby_LishezHistamielcrackninjaDAZ0273BB_KaroABaker84Al_Paca 32 votes
No, I would prefer to keep seasons normal with featured 3*s and 4*s only.
35%
SpoitDragon_NexusPorkBellyYasurukillercoolxKOBALTxwymtimeDartmaster01Chipster22jreddNick441234JackDeath666bonny79Amsha3garSteve111thechairmanbigsmoothBorstockReecohNotBAMF 26 votes
I play PvP, but I have no preference when it comes to this.
12%
wingXSpudguttertiomonojym010METT-T dependentbbiglerKahmonSeahawkD21spidyjedi84 9 votes
I don't play PvP, but this would get me to start.
0%
I don't play PvP and this would not change that.
5%
IridiousMalcrofBubba3210skittledaddy 4 votes
I have no opinion about any of this.
4%
DormammuTPF AlexisMagipink 3 votes

Comments

• jackstar0
    Side note, I would also propose a new PvP event: Spider-Verse where all of the Spider characters were boosted.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have been running more "regular" versus events in off season lately. I wouldn't mind if they mixed some of the events you listed into the regular season here and there. Or just do what you suggest and run a whole season of them.

More variety is always welcome in my book.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no opinion about any of this.
    jackstar0 said:
    Side note, I would also propose a new PvP event: Spider-Verse where all of the Spider characters were boosted.
    Or more events like Claws for Concern, where you can use any version of the Featured Character.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    Or more events like Claws for Concern, where you can use any version of the Featured Character.
    I would like that with more variety in the Essential character. You could do tons of little groups. X-Men Blue Team, X-Men Gold Team, two Civil War events based on each side, whether they go with a broader boost list (like Earth's Mightiest or Black Vortex) or variety in the Essentials themselves, it'd be nice.

I'd also like to see standard PVP events that are just... normal. Like Shield Sim, but it lasts a few days, you climb to 1200 points for max progression, etc. I'd love to pick characters without being funneled into boost lists.

Or maybe an event with a 5* essential (any 5), but unable to use any other 5's for the event. Break up the ThorOkoye meta by having an event where you literally can't use both at the same time, make people try new teams (doesn't really help as much with the current Kitty/R&G situation, but it definitely would have added variety at most other points of the game's history).
  • AoA
    AoA Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2019
    I would like to see a multiverse event where you can only use multiple versions of the same character.
    Like three different Caps or Spideys or Wolvies at once.  I mean in the Spiderverse comic, many of the people ARE Peter Parker just with different lives. 
    I know there's not that many toons with 3 versions but it would make the multiple versions of Iron Man that we get be useful.
    Yeah, it would probably be horrible and maybe can't even be coded with the current game.  
    I just wonder what it would be like.

I just realized that this is my second post in my three years on the forum.  I don't have much to say, I guess.
  • jackstar0
    AoA said:
    I would like to see a multiverse event where you can only use multiple versions of the same character.
    Like three different Caps or Spideys or Wolvies at once.  I mean in the Spiderverse comic, many of the people ARE Peter Parker just with different lives. 
    I know there's not that many toons with 3 versions but it would make the multiple versions of Iron Man that we get be useful.
    Yeah, it would probably be horrible and maybe can't even be coded with the current game.  

I just realized that this is my second post in my three years on the forum.  I don't have much to say, I guess.
    Characters with multiple versions 5* to 3* (and/or 2* and 1*)
    Wolverine
    Captain America
    Black Widow
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Man
    Black Panther

I don't think I missed any... but maybe?

Anyways, if this was the boosted list and you just had to pick a hero and then select which versions, I'd find that pretty entertaining. Off hand, I'm not even sure who would have the best advantage, but probably Spidey and Hawkeye.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing I would say is that they would need to mix in new release PvP's so we wouldn't get all 10 but otherwise I'm good with it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    AoA said:

Wolverine
    Captain America
    Black Widow
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Man
    Black Panther

Anyways, if this was the boosted list and you just had to pick a hero and then select which versions, I'd find that pretty entertaining. Off hand, I'm not even sure who would have the best advantage, but probably Spidey and Hawkeye.
    Ahem - Captain Marvel? :D
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the biggest thing with the off season events as a 5* player.  They basically become simulator of 3 5* players.  I would actually prefer more 4* events to make a higher variety of 5* useful or a bigger buff to 5* on a weekly basis to make them more useful in PVP.  So a 100 level buff for one 5* in PVP.  The small buff from these special events just don’t elevate the 5* enough compared to current meta 5*
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    jackstar0 said:
    AoA said:

Wolverine
    Captain America
    Black Widow
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Man
    Black Panther

Star-Lord
  • jackstar0
    DAZ0273 said:
    jackstar0 said:
    AoA said:

Wolverine
    Captain America
    Black Widow
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Man
    Black Panther

Star-Lord
    That makes 10! Let's do it!
  • jackstar0
    With almost 1/3 not interested (from this small sample) I don't expect that they'd do this.

But I am going to hold out hope for some shake-up to PvP.

Either CL10, an MMR overhaul, or some new event like the 3x1 talked about above...
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I think it would be great if you could choose a specific tier to play in instead of an scl. (For instance the 3 star tier)

This game is known for the huge amount of characters but 98% of the matches I play come down to 2% of my champs being used.

I would love to be able to use those great 3* combinations or 4* combinations again.

Like C4rol, wasp and Bl4ck Panther. Or 3* iron fist, luke cage and what's his name.

Or even combo's that didn't exist yet when I was fighting 4* teams like domino, vulture and Danny rand...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    No because some of these off-season events are a real chore based on who's boosted. Combined Arms and Balance of Power are horrible trying to score well in. A long, tedious grind of an event, the pair of them.
  • jackstar0
    I'll never understand the dislike for Combined Arms. 5*s take a break and new synergies get to be explored and exploited, or old favorites continue to shine.

I think most of the hard to score well in has to do with the drop-off by many players in non-season events when scores aren't contributing to the season-long goals.

If CA or BoP was in a season, I think you'd see the same serious scores from the same people...though for fun... they'd be more balanced against non-lvl500+ players.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019

I am will actually prefer id a season will have a mix of 3*/4* character pvp and with off-season pvp events and with more variety of such event (e.g with more limited groups of characters across the rarity). It will be good to have pvp event that require players to use unpopular/lower tier characters so that those character will not be sitting in the roster collecting virtual dust and make us. I am ok with any pvp event as long as it let me use more of those unpopular/lower tier characters. Maybe this will force us to think of team to utilize them.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I'm with the OP. Any variety in PVP lineups would be welcome at this point< Make the featured character a mandatory 1 or 2 star. Grill fest massacre ensures..