Support Circuit Post Mortem - what do you think and what did you get?

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
The First Support Circuit vault ends at 11am EST Today, and it looks like we've got this week off from the event.  The poll is for what you think, the comments are for what did you get (and if you want to elaborate on what you thought.)  Hopefully this has enough granularity...

Support Circuit Post Mortem - what do you think and what did you get? 119 votes

I liked the event and I think it's a good solution for adding access to supports
6%
Marc_SpectorMalcrofhalirinLLohmRagnoluceScreen Monkeyrobertbahgeneric_username_8 8 votes
I liked the event, but I don't think it does enough to add access to supports
47%
afsplatQuebbsterxKOBALTxatomzedGrimSkaldwymtimemoss04MrBowersJangoLoreLFChikarasonStevO-JZootSaxUNC_SamuraiChipster22MathiasTCKoptimus2861seyerin[Deleted User]Kevmcgbluewolf 57 votes
I liked the event itself, but I think it does nothing to add access to supports
14%
ThanosColognoisseurT_REZ5000LystratafrachrdokiyTwomp_thaDJLopan15BlackBoltRocksJackDeath666GoBucsGogentgeenMGrayGoluAslaShintok17MagipinkScottydontno69 17 votes
I liked the event itself, but I have no opinion on supports whatsoever
1%
guzktguiHobieCat76 2 votes
I dislike the event, but I admit it does well to add access to supports
3%
Alfje17Bobby_Lishezspidyjedi84shap328 4 votes
I dislike the event and it does not do enough to add access to supports.
19%
PorkBellyKolencesinnerjflrixmithabmorazCaptainFreakygravelCT1888rdvargas1SpudgutterjreddNick441234pheregasprofessorplum9roderic1The Viceroy ReturnsBorstockReecohgrenadierXavier_Mc 23 votes
I dislike the event and it does nothing to add access to supports
4%
Tony_FootLiftoffthechairmanJwallyrfurbear00000 5 votes
I dislike the event and have no opinion on supports whatseover.
2%
LukoilAmsha3gartherightwaye 3 votes

Comments

• GrimSkald

Ok, I participated a fair bit in the event and usually got two extra tokens from placement (3 out of 4 times, I think.)  Also, I bought the daily deal every day.  Here's what I got in draws

24 2*

5 3*

1 4*

10 Iso

8 Red Iso

3 Beginner Support Tokens

1 Advanced Support Tokens

1 Rank 1 Support

1 Rank 3 Support

52 Draws total - out of 240 vault that's not a lot.  For actual progress in Supports, I got two new ones (Tinkerer and Victorious, both at level 1,) and increased my Royal Talon Fighter from 2 to 3.  I'm pretty sure that's it, all my other draws were duplicates for Red Iso.

I think it falls short of its stated purpose - adding access to supports.  I mean, it does, but supports are still far more rare than they deserve to be given how useful they are.  It gives players a better path to supports, but still is very RNG-based.

I also think the changes to the Master tokens was terrible - level 5 supports are really no easier to draw now than they were before.  More players will get Master tokens, but less players who get them (and it still will be pretty low,) will actually draw 5 rank supports.

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I did like the event as it gave us more varieties in teams but the rewards apart from the cp at the end were not worth it for me. I only got a 2* tinkerer that I didn’t have already. The rest were either 2* covers or small amounts of iso
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I didn't keep track, but this was my vault 49/240
    1 master
    1 advanced
    4 beginner
    1 3* Hulkling
    1 2* Pocket radio
    I think I ended up with a 4* quantum realm as the main prize, which I do use. I think the event is too long. Its an entire additional daily grind. The super hard, no stun boss mode was fun tho, and it helped me get some useful supports. There are still a ton of QOL updates needed, but this was a good start to hopefully making supports a good thing
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I managed to get a couple of supports I didn’t have before but I think they need to provide other ways of getting these tokens 

why cant they put a token in progression for instance?

I did like the challenge and having recently entered the 5* tier I was able to place quite high despite starting the event late due to work commitments 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    The event was OK.  Nothing good, nothing bad, but the timing of it sucked.  Why was it set at the same time as other events are running?  It would've been much better if it ran from Wednesday to Thursday, when there's nothing else running.

As for the access to supports... a vault of 250 with less than 30 actual prizes of value... not that great.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I mainly voted for dislike because of the structure of the event itself.
    It was only a day and ran like every other event = lots of nodes requiring 6 total clears.
    Mondays ended up trying to manage potentially 3 events at the same time (PVP, PVE, Supports Event).  Not fun.

It should have been a Gauntlet or Growth Industry type event with one and done nodes, with the event spread out across the entire week.

Not 100% guaranteeing a Support of any kind (even weaker ones), or a 100% way to somehow upgrade a Support you already had (2-Star to 3-Star) was a missed opportunity.  Not to mention the terrible vault contents.
    I had 20 total tokens, and didn't even bother to sue them because I would probably get 16 worthless 2-Stars and 4 Red ISO chunks.
    Wonder what they will pull now that the vault has expired...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up taking 48/240 draws in there. I got 

1x advanced token (this i believe was a 4* upgrade to my previous 3* royal talon fighter, so win on that front)
    5x basic tokens (don't recall what these were, I think I got a 2* chimichanga that was new, the rest may have been riso)
    1x 4* Reed Richards
    5x 3* covers
    1x 3k riso
    1x 1k riso
    1x 5k iso
    1x 1500 iso
    6x 1k iso
    7x 500 iso
    19x 2* covers

(tallying those up doesn't appear to add up to 48, so i must have miscounted. I guess assume the missing ones were in the 2* covers. the vault is gone now so I can't re-count)

I really love the boss nodes at the end. I wish all PVE had that, or something like Kaecilius in Strange Sights. I don't love the double-grind for story, but it wasn't that bad since I only do story and support circuit to progression for the CP, and my Okoye is good enough to reasonably trivialize it through 4x clears. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    50 pulls.  3 beginner support tokens and 1 gold support token.

All dupes.

With the Riso payout changes I did worse under this new system versus the old.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed a week for personal reasons, but getting top 50 for 3/4 weeks gave me 15 tokens resulting in two beginner supports (both being 1* supports I didn’t have), a single draw of a small amount of red-iso and a whole lot of non-support content (so, 80% non-support items).  It wasn’t a bad event, but I wish the vault was more focused on support-related content than being primarily non-support items.

i do like the support tokens rotating what is available and feel that a similar system could solve 4* token dilution, if it were planned based on the featured and boost lists for the cycle.

otherwise, generally a decent idea which could be tweaked to be better.  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn’t get a single token pull, I did better in the old system. Got quite a lot of two stars. Kinda switched off from supports now.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted that I didn't like the event because it was just too much to do in addition to PvE. The variety was nice, but that'd be true if they just added variety to PvE nodes. 

As for the stated purpose of making supports more available, I didn't get any I would consider valuable. Not one. 

I am post-iso in-game, so I did like the extra cps and hps. That's pretty much it. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    The one day format really doesn't mesh with my play habits. Although I did really well with tokens from the daily deal, I eventually didn't even participate in the events. The timetable and the rewards really soured me on the entire event. 
    Put some advanced support tokens in the progression pool, and it might get my attention next time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, the event provided reasonable rewards for just playing for Progression and tapping out 4 clears without really paying attention while watching TV or something.
    Ironically, while I did get a couple of good Supports during the past four weeks, they were from Tokens that I got from other event vaults. The ones I got from the Support Circuit Vault all ended up being dupes and just getting turned into RISO.
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I enjoyed it. Mostly because it was SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Having it along with a 2 day in story was a good idea. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I ended up with 24 tokens over the 4 weeks.  3 of those ended up actually yielding supports.  While the event wasn't bad, the oversized vault with few actual support rewards and the additional timed clears and grinds made this a disappointment.  I even lucked into a T1 finish for one week, but that only gave me a dupe 3* support.  It did give additional access to supports, but a barely noticeable one when you factor in the duplicates and low percentage on higher rank supports. 

I hope they tweak it a little, either make the vault smaller or give more tokens, make it all progression rewards so we don't have to watch the clocks for yet another event, or both.
  • GrimSkald
    I mainly voted for dislike because of the structure of the event itself.
    It was only a day and ran like every other event = lots of nodes requiring 6 total clears.
    Mondays ended up trying to manage potentially 3 events at the same time (PVP, PVE, Supports Event).  Not fun.

It should have been a Gauntlet or Growth Industry type event with one and done nodes, with the event spread out across the entire week.

Not 100% guaranteeing a Support of any kind (even weaker ones), or a 100% way to somehow upgrade a Support you already had (2-Star to 3-Star) was a missed opportunity.  Not to mention the terrible vault contents.
    I had 20 total tokens, and didn't even bother to sue them because I would probably get 16 worthless 2-Stars and 4 Red ISO chunks.
    Wonder what they will pull now that the vault has expired...

Depends on what sort of tokens they are.  If they're vault tokens (which it sounds like they are,) it will pull from a random 240 vault indefinitely - they stated these tokens won't roll over to anything.

Beginner, Advanced, and Master support tokens will roll over to the next set, which should open up a week from now.  So basically if you don't want any of the current set of supports, you hoard those until a set comes along with a  support you like.  However... that's not much.  In my case it was just 4 (actually 5 because I drew a beginner support from a PVE vault.) 

Also, they stated on the "off week" which is where we should be right now, support token draw from the full list.  I just checked, that has not yet started.

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited February 2019

don´t know all other results but had 50+ pulls from the vault got al 3 Master tokens, no supports

Those 3 gave me 3 3* supports all duplicates of ones i got 2x Lucky (fcol)

Master tokens should not include 3* FCOL

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I selected that I disliked the event, but not really because there was anything wrong with the event itself. It was a fine PVE with some interesting battles. But I really don't need to spend another hour and a half on an event. I'd much rather just have had one node added to DDQ each day that gave a support circuit token, even at the expense of the other rewards that the event gave. And I saw no reason to make the event competitive. 

As to the prizes, well, the vault was just way too big, with too much non-support related stuff in it. I spent 100 HP a day for the first two weeks or so, and seeing at how poor my pulls were I gave up on that.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I got a couple new supports on 2* and 3* but no 4-5* supports.  I did not get any master support tokens and 1 event I took 2nd place the others I placed top 10-20.  I like the extra PVE style event and like the boss element but defiantly needs a buff in placement rewards