Crash of the Titans: Sandman vs. Black Spidey

qandolsqandols Posts: 652 Critical Contributor
Well, champed sandman. First try extremely bad board, had to swallow several of spidey's blue attacks. Board had lots of red, no use of them. After a black attack from spidey, I was down on my knees and despite him only having 273 health left, I could not find a match to kill him with. Real bummer. Next try slightly better board but not ideal. Had 2700 health left when I downed him. LT was a MeHulk champ level.

Comments

• thechairmanthechairman Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Long drawn out affair with a 5/5/3 lvl 209 Sandman. Damage was done the hard way, with two sets of pathetic sand smashes and a lot of match damage. Thankfully Spidey had a poor board as well and didn't fire off more than a couple of attacks.

Emma Frost saved token.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 283 Sandman

BSSM isn't a very good character against someone who isn't spamming strikes. I let him have his blue AP and din't bother denying him unless I didn't have a match in one of Sandman's colors. I actually saved up 20 yellow AP to cast it twice in a row for the coup-de-grace, after casting green and purple once each. It took a while and Spidey cast his blue on me 4 or 5 times, but it doesn't do that much damage so I had plenty of time to enact Sandman's expensive combos.

Token to the newly-formed hoard.
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try: 144, 5/5/3 Sandman. It was closer than expected - I got him down to under 3,000 before I was hit in the face with a car.
    Second try: 157 5/5/3 Sandman. Fairly close fight, but I managed to launch green twice, and then a back-to-back yellow finished him off. I was happy with my reward - a red Valkyrie! I've been trying to get her 13th cover for months now (2/5/5 with three saved covers), AND it reduces the temptation I faced buying that current bundle with the three Valkyrie covers. Win/win!
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,674 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 150 1/5/5 Sandman to begin with. This is how the fight went:

"Hey Spidey, remember when we were both Ave..." *stunned*
    "Ah, c'mon, don't be like that..." *stunned*
    "But..." *stunned*

So Sandy went up to Lvl 175 and although his green was mostly useless it did get the odd revenge stun before I smashed stupid Spidey's face in with my sand castle making fists (otherwise known as using yellow).

That'll teach hi... *stunned*
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 210 4/4/5 Sandman. First try was basically the same as DAZ's. I decided to go ahead and champ him, since I had the ISO lying around and he had 6 Saved Covers, and then the second try featured much less blue on the board, and I was able to get most of the green, so the Stuns mostly went the other way, and then some basic punching finished it off.
    Token was a Jubilee Champ level.
  • KillaBeeSwarmKillaBeeSwarm Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Any hope for my level 111 3/2/2 Sandman? Everyone in here so far has more covers in yellow.
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any hope for my level 111 3/2/2 Sandman? Everyone in here so far has more covers in yellow.
    Green was what did the work for me. Worth a few tries.
  • KillaBeeSwarmKillaBeeSwarm Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Green was what did the work for me. Worth a few tries.
    That's right, green to stun. I forgot I could bring boosts to help me out with that strategy: +50% green & black match damage, +2 green and black AP, +100% match damage. I fired green and purple until I had enough to fire yellow twice, then rinse and repeat. BSSM only stunned me once. I was able to win with about 2000 health left.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 99 Sandman. Got it on the second try, no boosts.