Crash of the Titans: Sandman vs. Black Spidey

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, champed sandman. First try extremely bad board, had to swallow several of spidey's blue attacks. Board had lots of red, no use of them. After a black attack from spidey, I was down on my knees and despite him only having 273 health left, I could not find a match to kill him with. Real bummer. Next try slightly better board but not ideal. Had 2700 health left when I downed him. LT was a MeHulk champ level.

Comments

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Long drawn out affair with a 5/5/3 lvl 209 Sandman. Damage was done the hard way, with two sets of pathetic sand smashes and a lot of match damage. Thankfully Spidey had a poor board as well and didn't fire off more than a couple of attacks.

Emma Frost saved token.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 283 Sandman

BSSM isn't a very good character against someone who isn't spamming strikes. I let him have his blue AP and din't bother denying him unless I didn't have a match in one of Sandman's colors. I actually saved up 20 yellow AP to cast it twice in a row for the coup-de-grace, after casting green and purple once each. It took a while and Spidey cast his blue on me 4 or 5 times, but it doesn't do that much damage so I had plenty of time to enact Sandman's expensive combos.

Token to the newly-formed hoard.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try: 144, 5/5/3 Sandman. It was closer than expected - I got him down to under 3,000 before I was hit in the face with a car.
    Second try: 157 5/5/3 Sandman. Fairly close fight, but I managed to launch green twice, and then a back-to-back yellow finished him off. I was happy with my reward - a red Valkyrie! I've been trying to get her 13th cover for months now (2/5/5 with three saved covers), AND it reduces the temptation I faced buying that current bundle with the three Valkyrie covers. Win/win!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,577 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 150 1/5/5 Sandman to begin with. This is how the fight went:

"Hey Spidey, remember when we were both Ave..." *stunned*
    "Ah, c'mon, don't be like that..." *stunned*
    "But..." *stunned*

So Sandy went up to Lvl 175 and although his green was mostly useless it did get the odd revenge stun before I smashed stupid Spidey's face in with my sand castle making fists (otherwise known as using yellow).

That'll teach hi... *stunned*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 210 4/4/5 Sandman. First try was basically the same as DAZ's. I decided to go ahead and champ him, since I had the ISO lying around and he had 6 Saved Covers, and then the second try featured much less blue on the board, and I was able to get most of the green, so the Stuns mostly went the other way, and then some basic punching finished it off.
    Token was a Jubilee Champ level.
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Any hope for my level 111 3/2/2 Sandman? Everyone in here so far has more covers in yellow.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any hope for my level 111 3/2/2 Sandman? Everyone in here so far has more covers in yellow.
    Green was what did the work for me. Worth a few tries.
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Green was what did the work for me. Worth a few tries.
    That's right, green to stun. I forgot I could bring boosts to help me out with that strategy: +50% green & black match damage, +2 green and black AP, +100% match damage. I fired green and purple until I had enough to fire yellow twice, then rinse and repeat. BSSM only stunned me once. I was able to win with about 2000 health left.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 99 Sandman. Got it on the second try, no boosts.