What happened to that Thanos DDQ?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I suddenly remembered it. Though I don't remember what it was called or how it worked fully.

I remember they had a second DDQ that was primarily focussed on 3* and 4* rosters. Didn't it open one node a day, maybe? They should bring that back. When so few new events are made, it seems daft that stuff like that just rots in a coding prison somewhere in the game, never to be used.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was it really that long ago that it was when Thanos 5* was released? Jeez...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/56314/2016-holiday-events-details

Too many LTS given in 5 days. Or it's a one time celebration.

Unfortunately, Crash of the Mad Titan has set the bar for effort:rewards ratio. No new event has beat it yet. The closest one is Places of Power, but the effort required is huge compared to CotMT, even though players can get a maximum of 8 LTs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think (could be wrong) that Crash of the Mad Titan was the first "Crash" I ever beat. It was with a 3* character and I only won just the once.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Hopefully we get it again when end game comes out.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be fun to see an update. Make opponent supports work, let us fight Thanos with each member of the Black Order, then with each of the Infinity Stones. That'd give us 10 days worth of Crash, and if they do the 1v1 fights it's plenty of time to feature a wide variety of MCU characters. 
  • DAZ0273
    JHawkInc said:
    It'd be fun to see an update. Make opponent supports work, let us fight Thanos with each member of the Black Order, then with each of the Infinity Stones. That'd give us 10 days worth of Crash, and if they do the 1v1 fights it's plenty of time to feature a wide variety of MCU characters. 
    I would be into that. I wouldn't be bothered if they alternated prizes either as people seem to think the LT's are the main reason it never ran again, I just like the one on one fights.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think (could be wrong) that Crash of the Mad Titan was the first "Crash" I ever beat. It was with a 3* character and I only won just the once.
    That's very plausible.  If I recall correctly, 3* R&G and Patch were available to use on different days and both are solid 1v1 due to their true heal, plus Patch's red is utterly deadly 1v1, if you re-spec him to x/5/x (3/5/5 probably being best in this case).  

I really hope they re-run that event for the next Avengers film...
  • DAZ0273
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    That's very plausible.  If I recall correctly, 3* R&G and Patch were available to use on different days and both are solid 1v1 due to their true heal, plus Patch's red is utterly deadly 1v1, if you re-spec him to x/5/x (3/5/5 probably being best in this case).  

I really hope they re-run that event for the next Avengers film...
    Yeah, it was definitely one of those two, I am edging towards it being Patch.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking back I found this comment from a Crash of the Mad Titan thread:

"The December Sneak Peek article has the following characters listed as essential for the event:
    - Rocket & Groot
    - Wolverine (Patch)
    - Kamala Khan
    - Doctor Doom
    - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)

I'm thinking that means the factions mentioned in the Crash of the Mad Titan may be Guardians of the Galaxy, The X-Men, The Inhumans, Villains and The Avengers, with the above five characters powered up in those factions."

Dilution is insane and some daily version of this seems overdue.  Even if it's 5-10 CP instead of an LT.
  • DAZ0273
    If you think about it then God Emperor Doom would make a good candidate for this (might be tricky too with his healing) in a reworked format.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    As I recall, each day you could choose between a 4* and 2 3*s.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahhhhh - Crash of Mad Titan and the original 20-Minute Lightning Rounds for Thoress. Good old times ;)