R172 Release Notes (2/19/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release notes for the R172 update!

MPQ 172!
  • Get ready for Captain Marvel events and new characters to land in Marvel Puzzle Quest!
What's Changed:
  • Fixed a small visual artifact with the Okoye Deep Cover costume
  • Cover stores you have tokens to will no longer be ordered at the start of the Recruit Heroes screen

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this mean we're getting the same PVE/PVP events but Capt Marvel is required? Or are we getting NEW Capt Marvel themed events? The latter would be great. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just one new CM themed PVE for the rotation would be extremely welcome.  Meeting Rocket and Groot over and over is getting awkward; I'm not that forgetful!  I do remember them, really!
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    THANK YOU for the ordering change for saved tokens in the cover stores.
    At best, those were annoying extra taps to get to the daily covers I wanted to open.
    At worst, when fast-tapping rewards, they were all too easy to open by mistake.

(And always great to hear about new content).
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Any word on the “Character balance changes” the update speaks of?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    bbigler said:
    Does this mean we're getting the same PVE/PVP events but Capt Marvel is required? Or are we getting NEW Capt Marvel themed events? The latter would be great. 
    I'd say it's a bit of both; a mixture of familiar content with some fresh content :) 
    Really and truly, taking old content like the 7-day events, or hell, even the Heroics without the roster restrictions, taking that old stuff and spritzing it once or twice with Febreeze would be good enough to consider it "fresh" content. Even with new bosses and the recent raids, the regular event cycle gets stale when on repeat. So even something that isn't a regular PVE event would be nice.

Also excited that it says Captain Marvel characterS. Any Skrull or Kree would be a welcome addition (since we know some form of Carol is virtually inevitable).
  • bluewolf
    trat73 said:
    Any word on the “Character balance changes” the update speaks of?
    This verbiage is on every single set of update notes in the App Store.  Usually we see no significant changes, if any. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Brigby said:
    bbigler said:
    I'd say it's a bit of both; a mixture of familiar content with some fresh content :) 
    Really and truly, taking old content like the 7-day events, or hell, even the Heroics without the roster restrictions, taking that old stuff and spritzing it once or twice with Febreeze would be good enough to consider it "fresh" content. Even with new bosses and the recent raids, the regular event cycle gets stale when on repeat. So even something that isn't a regular PVE event would be nice.

Also excited that it says Captain Marvel characterS. Any Skrull or Kree would be a welcome addition (since we know some form of Carol is virtually inevitable).
    Well, the icon include a Skrull. I guess that could just be a support, but 1 hero and 1 villain for the movie sounds good.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think new characters refer to characters and not supports. I remember Victorious was pitched as someone who can enhance Dr. Doom, and not pitched as a new character.

I'm positive that that will be at least 2 new characters. I hope there are new goons. Looking forward to next week.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think new characters refer to characters and not supports. I remember Victorious was pitched as someone who can enhance Dr. Doom, and not pitched as a new character.

I'm positive that that will be at least 2 new characters. I hope there are new goons. Looking forward to next week.
    New goons? Can we look forward to fighting the Skrull Grandma?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope that if they release a Skrull as a playable character that it’s able to equip any costume in the game.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:

Or the Skrull Cows?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:

Or the Skrull Cows?
    Didn't they end up as burgers?
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Super Skrull Please!!!
  • DAZ0273
    Super Skrull Please!!!
    We won't get a Super Skrull from the Captain Marvel movie tie-in unless they create a new version with different powers which then won't really be Super Skrull. Simple reason is that Super Skrull has the FF's powers and they don't exist in the MCU...yet.
  • bluewolf
    The Skrulls are one of the rare characters where both Marvel Films and Fox had rights to them (like Quicksilver), due to the fact that Skrulls feature heavily in both FF and Avengers stories.

So the general Skrull idea and race could be used by both studios, but certain Skrulls are tied more closely with certain teams so they couldn't be used by both studios.

Super Skrull is, of course, the coolest and most interesting Skrull; hopefully he gets onscreen at some point.  Maybe someday Fox would have used him if they ever had figured out how to make a decent FF film.

Now it's all going to be under one giant umbrella (which I really hope doesn't ruin MCU with character bloat), so hopefully the odds are a little higher.

Aaanyway, the Skrull on our icon is probably one of the ones in CM.  The Skrull leader is Talos played by Ben Mendlesohn in the film, so maybe him.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I wonder if Fury is getting a rework as I’d be surprised if we got a 5* nick and a 5* cap marvel 

but its happened before with back to back 5*s so who knows!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if Fury is getting a rework as I’d be surprised if we got a 5* nick and a 5* cap marvel 

Costumes.
  • DAZ0273
    Bowgentle said:

Costumes.
    Or Support: Nick Fury's missing eye (at Level 5 comes with hair too)
  • bluewolf
    Or Fury feeds 5CM....