Hour of Revelation rewards

Options
starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
Any particular reason the rewards for Hour of Revelation (this weekend's event) are so poor? These are prizes you would associate with a casual midweek event, not a weekend coalition one.

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks like it's 1k bracket.  High reward PvP events are typically 3k.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    James13 said:
    It looks like it's 1k bracket.  High reward PvP events are typically 3k.
    Even with a bracket size of 1,000, the rewards should be higher. This is a coalition event. The stakes are automatically higher, so the payout should be commensurate with the level of competition this event will require.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These look like the same rewards we've always had with this event.  Remember, it was created during that time when Hibernium dropped the rewards in every event (and started the Not.Another.Dime movement).

Oktagon very rarely changes stuff that Hibernium did.  I'll bet that's what happened here.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    starfall said:
    This seems like a huge drop in prizes for a relatively modest reduction in bracket sizes.
    2/3 is modest?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
       HoR was actually the HOU midweek event .... And it's pretty underwhelming for a weekend event ....
        However, if someone had the very good idea to run DDZE along with HoR, that would probably make a decent weekend content 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bil said:
       HoR was actually the HOU midweek event .... And it's pretty underwhelming for a weekend event ....
        However, if someone had the very good idea to run DDZE along with HoR, that would probably make a decent weekend content 
    Two lackluster events don't make an engaging one.

They should have given this the non-coalition event treatment like they did with ToA, which was the HoR equivalent for AKH.
  • Bil
    edited February 2019
    Options
    khurram said:
    Bil said:
    Two lackluster events don't make an engaging one.

They should have given this the non-coalition event treatment like they did with ToA, which was the HoR equivalent for AKH.
       You got a point ... and i'd prefer a real weekend event.
       However 2 lackluster events are better than a single one ... As long as one of them isn't a coalition event, it's just extra content.
       Also note that if we hope for a change, i think we all should ask for it directly in the sneakpeek thread.
  • Bil
    Options
       Granted ... But I'm not sure HOD is that much fun compared to HOR ... And i bet players wouldnt had felt  the same with HOD ....
       Besides, the title of the post is "HOR rewards" ... Or am i mistaken ? 
  • Tyding
    Tyding Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Unsure where to find the answer but...I don't have access to this event.  How do I view potential events for each week and requirements to be apart of them?   And slightly more difficult to answer...but why would they block out people from events rather then create different tiers for x y z groups of player base?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77160/moved-mtgpq-sneak-peek-february-2019-edition-updated-2-20-19#latest
    I’m not sure I understand your second question.  If you mean coalition events, all you have to do to play is join a coalition.  If you don’t want to join someone else’s, you can create your own.

• sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Tyding said:
    Unsure where to find the answer but...I don't have access to this event.  How do I view potential events for each week and requirements to be apart of them?   And slightly more difficult to answer...but why would they block out people from events rather then create different tiers for x y z groups of player base?
    @Tyding
    check out the event info here ... https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75898/hour-of-revelation

The event doesn’t start until later this weekend so it won’t show up in game yet

@Brigby regularly updates a monthly Sneak Peek thread ... https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77159/mtgpq-sneak-peek-february-2019-edition-updated-2-20-19

You can review this for the latest event schedule. Prizes vary by tier but there are no lockouts 
  • Gilesclone
    edited February 2019
    Options
    BTW.  If you aren’t in a coalition, I recommend you join one of the “coalition of coalitions”.  Lots of players of all levels to help you improve your game.

https://forums.d3go.com/categories/mtgpq-coalitions
  • Tyding
    Tyding Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Apologies for that second question.  Was based on an assumption that I wasn't able to participate with the event.  The confusion stemmed from the event starting at a different time then I was accustomed too.  Fault on me for not finding that answer yet...may I push part of the blame onto the developers for not keeping set start times week in week out?  >_>
  • Gilesclone
    Options
    That makes sense.  The new start times for all these events is very confusing.  Instead of fixing the problem of end times, they are just spreading the pain around.