Keep playing while attack animation is playing

Options
A long time ago I disabled the power animations.
Not because I do not like them, but because I find they hinder quick and fluid gameplay.

More specifically, when I fire a power the animation pop-up over the board, which prevents me from playing, while the animation. This type of sudden break, breaks up the flow of playing a match, especially if I have saved up multiple attacks in a row.

I suggest another way of showing the animations, which does not prevent the playing, from making a new match while the animation is playing.

For example, the animation could replace the shown character above the board. Once the animation is over the normal character model could re-appear. This would also make the layout slightly more "realistic" as the same character is now shown twice on the screen at the same time.

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While a nice idea in theory, the amount of work that would be required to replace the animations for all 170ish characters is no small task.  Each character is going to have multiple animations (including but not limited to):
    - Making a match
    - Taking match damage
    - up to 8 power animations (depending on whether their powers change and some have both and active and passive effect)
    - Getting stunned
    - Coming out of stun
    - Going airborne
    - Coming out of airborn
    - Stun/airborn immunity

This doesn't include some of  the Deadpool powers that change the basic images and animations of the players.  Nor does it include the "alternate skins", whether they are the ones players can purchase or the special event ones.  This also doesn't include animations for Supports.

Over all, you are looking at 1000s of animations that need to be redone from scratch.  That's a LOT of work for absolutely no increased revenue.