Hero for hire?

Options
Will bishop be in a HFH ? Before the shield training ends or is the strange sights store the only way to get more bishop's

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately, the HfH offer only gets two of the three required 4*'s and Bishop was the odd man out.  It is possible to get him the Magik & Friends vault, but that's more RNG-dependent.

• MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Typically the HfH has two of the 4*, usually the older 4*. The latest 4* seems to always be in the release store as a “x8 odds” pull that includes the new release 4*. Thats the way it was done with Namor and now without Magik.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's a progression reward in Strange Sights.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Unfortunately I need 4 more Covers. I had to have opened about 20 -25 legendary's  in the last couple of days and  no BH either.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This isn't completely related, but fighting a high level Bishop in the last support circuit was really annoying and time consuming.  I used Gritty-Medusa and got stun locked within a few turns.   No exaggeration, on their 3rd turn my entire team was stunned.  I thought I could brute force my way through and kill him, but that didn't work. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bishop is a damn awful character to fight when he's low level. You can feed him a ton of blue with even a minor cascade. No point saving him till last either because he jumped in front if you do too much damage. And then after so much damage he hits you back. And then stuns you.

One of the best defensive 4*s in the game and a total pain in the butt. He's almost worse than Rogue.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    "Cry and you shall receive" bought a strange sights 10pack  got a yellow bishop BH off off a X-force wolverine. One down three to go

• bbigler
    Options
    Bishop is a damn awful character to fight when he's low level. You can feed him a ton of blue with even a minor cascade. No point saving him till last either because he jumped in front if you do too much damage. And then after so much damage he hits you back. And then stuns you.

One of the best defensive 4*s in the game and a total pain in the butt. He's almost worse than Rogue.
    In PVP Matchmaking, I saw a team of Boosted Rogue, Boosted XFDP and Boosted Powerman.  I skipped.  I was thinking a team of Boosted Rogue, Boosted XFDP and Bishop would be nasty to fight.  You basically can't touch XFDP, so he's free to retaliate when you hit Bishop or Rogue hard enough. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Rouge is easy to deal with.  Use someone like Cloak & dagger that puts attack tiles on the board.  Hit's her for damage after she jumps in front and her damage reduction doesn't apply to them.  Maybe add in someone with a cheap stun and she'll go down easy enough.  Bishop I would think you need to take the approach of not trying to overpower.  Hit him with weaker attacks that won't set him off until you can stun him or hit him hard enough to just take him out.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    n25philly said:

Rouge is easy to deal with.  Use someone like Cloak & dagger that puts attack tiles on the board.  Hit's her for damage after she jumps in front and her damage reduction doesn't apply to them.  Maybe add in someone with a cheap stun and she'll go down easy enough.  Bishop I would think you need to take the approach of not trying to overpower.  Hit him with weaker attacks that won't set him off until you can stun him or hit him hard enough to just take him out.
    The issue with that tactic means you'll basically need to be using a 4* team against him. For the most part, Bishop will be triggered just off of 5* match damage. 

So, if you're typically a 5* team but you switch to 4*s to take out a Bishop team, you may as well hang out a sign that says, "Buffet Now Open" because you will get eaten alive. 

The best option I could field against the Cyclops/Iron Spider/Bishop team in Support Circuit this week was Gritty/Silver Surfer. But even then, my Surfer is 2/3/2 Level 360, so he only tanked two colors and it wasn't always guaranteed he could tank when needed to nullify Bishop's stun.

Even then, if you tried to field a team like that in Simulator, you'd still probably attract a lot of hits. 

He's definitely a good scarecrow. I'm looking forward to adding more levels to mine so he becomes even more intimidating on defense and lasts longer on offense. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    The issue with that tactic means you'll basically need to be using a 4* team against him. For the most part, Bishop will be triggered just off of 5* match damage. 

So, if you're typically a 5* team but you switch to 4*s to take out a Bishop team, you may as well hang out a sign that says, "Buffet Now Open" because you will get eaten alive. 
    I understand what you meant, but that's not entirely accurate. The visible defensive team after we change from the 5* team will depend entirely on the levels of the 4*s we use.

If played carefully, the worst thing to happen is giving the other team an easy retaliation node, while still having the 5* team as the defensive team.

Fair enough. I hadn't considered that fact. I suppose I should have clarified that I was speaking for myself, though I imagine a fair amount of 5* players have a roster similar to mine. Most champs between 450-460, with a few in the mid-460s; all 4*s champed to varying degrees, with the bulk of them falling in the 300+ range. 

If anything, others probably have their 4*s at higher levels than mine, which I would think makes it more likely their 4*s would show as the team others can queue. But if is all three 4*s, then maybe it wouldn't show. 

I know others experiment with this much, much more than I do, because I really don't experiment with it at all. So I am fairly out of my element when discussing this topic. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I understand what you meant, but that's not entirely accurate. The visible defensive team after we change from the 5* team will depend entirely on the levels of the 4*s we use.

If played carefully, the worst thing to happen is giving the other team an easy retaliation node, while still having the 5* team as the defensive team.

Fair enough. I hadn't considered that fact. I suppose I should have clarified that I was speaking for myself, though I imagine a fair amount of 5* players have a roster similar to mine. Most champs between 450-460, with a few in the mid-460s; all 4*s champed to varying degrees, with the bulk of them falling in the 300+ range. 

If anything, others probably have their 4*s at higher levels than mine, which I would think makes it more likely their 4*s would show as the team others can queue. But if is all three 4*s, then maybe it wouldn't show. 

I know others experiment with this much, much more than I do, because I really don't experiment with it at all. So I am fairly out of my element when discussing this topic. 
    Unless your 4s boost to 440+ they won't show on defense once you used dual champed 5s.
    As a rule of thumb.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Unless your 4s boost to 440+ they won't show on defense once you used dual champed 5s.
    As a rule of thumb.
    So if I climb with champed Thorkoye Jones, but switch to an all 4* team to hit Bishop, that team won't show except as a retal to the person I hit? 

Assuming I win, that is. Which is unlikely, since most Bishop teams are paired with Gritty, which would demolish 4* teams. 

But purely from a hypothetical standpoint, the 4* team wouldn't show? 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my best bet against bishop or rogue would be stun first, then unload and hopefully take them out rather fast.

if its rogue only, attack tiles are the way to go, as already stated. 

cardusa against rogue, and any team centered around gamora or ice man against bishop. 
  • bbigler
    Options
    ammenell said:
    my best bet against bishop or rogue would be stun first, then unload and hopefully take them out rather fast.

if its rogue only, attack tiles are the way to go, as already stated. 

cardusa against rogue, and any team centered around gamora or ice man against bishop. 
    Kitty+Carnage would take down Rogue fast.

You could go old school on Bishop using IM40+Peggy+Rhulk. Or for a 2-person team go with IM40+Riri, send Bishop airborne while you hit the other 2. Or use Vulture + Cable to stun and destroy Bishop directly. 

Just my 2 cents