Valentine?

Options
Ed_Dragonrider
Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
So this morning when playing DDQ i noticed something different about deadpool. When selecting him, instead of rocking the pjs + teddy bear look, he was shot full of arrows and had little hearts all around, as if cupid had been using him for target practice.

There is also now a 'PVP Matchmaking' vault.

I havent noticed any cover changes as of yet, but has anyone else spotted other valentines related things happening in MPQ?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's the Matchmaking Versus event going on. They have run it for several years for Valentine's day.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too add to what Quebbster said that is why the Boost list for that PVP is full of couples.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always wished that characters would only be boosted if you played the proper couple. Probably a nightmare to code but would be fun. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's all celebrate Valentine's Day by fighting with each other.  Yay!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Options
    So, historically speaking, do they do other stuff for valentines? Anything else we can expect? (Its my first valentines with mpq, so i really wouldnt know)

And wow i must be extra stupid today, i didnt even double check the pvp side of things... its just that pvp usually doesnt come with a vault but a store.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always wished that characters would only be boosted if you played the proper couple. Probably a nightmare to code but would be fun. 
    BFFs would ideally be like that, too.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got a Valentines day gift token (turned out to be a 2*, but thanks anyway). 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, historically speaking, do they do other stuff for valentines? Anything else we can expect? (Its my first valentines with mpq, so i really wouldnt know)

And wow i must be extra stupid today, i didnt even double check the pvp side of things... its just that pvp usually doesnt come with a vault but a store.

This is usually it unfortunately. I Think they started it as a way to sneak promote the first Deadpool Movie, that's why he is the required character (he's the "matchmaker"...). Around the same time they retooled DDQ too.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There was an ISO sale around Valentine a few times, can't remember if it ran last year.
    Cause, who cares about an ISO sale, really.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They tend to do a few of these things throughout the year. Look out for a Bagman PvP for April Fools Day - that normally also comes with a vault (which has Bagman in).
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I guess i got too used to the bustle... :flushed:

It seemed like every two months or so something was happening. 10 year mcu, then anniversary and then when that quieted down a bit, xmas. Even between, like on Halloween there was something.

So when i saw valentinepool with the arrows, i thought more was to come. Would have made sense too, since there is a new character release, right on the day, i would have thought this would be an opportunity to capitalize on it or at least a good excuse to liven things up a bit. 
    Oh well... Ms Marvel isnt far off now anyway....

(The free vault token gave me a 3* which is yay for me, and the vault seems really good with 6x 4* covers and 10 cp and all. I might do a few more pulls since its only 80 items. Seems like reasonable odds.)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Typically you will get one of the following 3:

Annual: Christmas, Anniversary and for the last few years Valentines Day and April Fools Day which have events and/or PvP's.

Promotional: MCU10th Anniversary and film releases normally which have new character releases tied in and sometimes special PvE or PvP (For example Growth Industries for Ant-man and Wasp last year).

One-off or odd: These don't tend to have actual events but you might get character releases (for example Halloween in the past we had Ghost Rider and Lockjaw for National Dog day!), different covers (Marvel Women of Power for example) or special vaults - when Peggy was released I think it was on or around 4th July so they had a vault for that.