Most damage

Options
Jogibb
Jogibb Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
So this was complete overkill and you would never need to do this much damage unless they released an overkill feature or something but I did the math and I did 373,760 damage to the enemy team with a single move. I was goofing around with sentry in his required node and teamed him Okoye. I don’t think any other team combination can get higher damage since each countdown tile from Sentry green gets boosted for each teamup. Just wanted to share for the lols. 

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just add C4rol to that mix and fire Sentry's yellow once ;)
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sentry & C4rol. Crazy nuke for sure.

Today, Grocket, Bulleye and Nico in a wave mission. Use Grocket to spam out some tiles, kill one opponent in one move with Bulleye, see tiles spawning, see Nico boosting them. Repeat.
    Ended last wave with all non TU tiles with my attack tiles. +27K damage per match.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just curious. Sentry & Okoye and Sentry firing green, isn't that havoc on your own team as well?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen!  LOL. Kidding, hard to remember to take a screenshot when things like this happen. With prof x boosted on a survival node week, it has made for some hilariously fun combos, even with normally unused toons.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Just curious. Sentry & Okoye and Sentry firing green, isn't that havoc on your own team as well?
    Okoye damage doesn't stack with self-harm. Neither do friendly strikes
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Pics or it didn't happen!  LOL. Kidding, hard to remember to take a screenshot when things like this happen. With prof x boosted on a survival node week, it has made for some hilariously fun combos, even with normally unused toons.
    For real — I could use some examples and inspiration with this, please. 

Also: what’s a “survival node week...?”
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Try Professor X/Nightcrawler/Domino if you have it. Give NC or PX a support to make purple the best damage color on the team if you need to (I gave Prof X my lvl 100 2* Destroyer Gun to increase his base match damage by 60, but i think i don't need it since it still works in PVP).

Here is the gimmick with this team: Domino makes a disproportionate number of tiles on the board black after a turn or two, ensuring that Bamf! is almost always going to create black. The problem with Bamf!inite combos generally is that you can only fire it a time or two before the predominant color changes - but not with Domino in play. Professor X makes sure that match-5s generate purple for you in the background, so long as it's your strongest color. It's not ultra-reliable that you'll be able to bamf! your way to victory in a single turn, but Domino has 2 different cascade generating powers herself, so if it stalls on red or green you can usually jumpstart it again.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you have Okoye paired with C4rol and yellow is the strongest color, then it's a combo where you can end the battle without any damage. Okoye usually tanks damage, but C4rol makes sure the enemies' strongest matches generate yellow, so you can heal Okoye and get some extra team-ups. And you can focus on only getting team-ups, bc yellow is taken care of.
    Might not be the fastest, but I like it.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nerf Sentry!!!  :p
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Just curious. Sentry & Okoye
    and Sentry firing green, isn't that havoc on your own team as well?
    Okoye damage doesn't stack with self-harm. Neither do friendly strikes
    To go one step further, self damage is Immutable.  It is not boosted by powers or strike tiles (or, I think, supports, though I need to test that), and it cannot be reduced by protect tiles or (unless something has changed) defensive powers like Colossus yellow or Spiderwoman black.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't worry about Carol in that team, Drax is where it's at. at. could double that damage!
  • Jogibb
    Jogibb Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Don't worry about Carol in that team, Drax is where it's at. at. could double that damage!
    I really like Drax and 4* wasp together with okoye or R&G. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    If you have Okoye paired with C4rol and yellow is the strongest color, then it's a combo where you can end the battle without any damage. Okoye usually tanks damage, but C4rol makes sure the enemies' strongest matches generate yellow, so you can heal Okoye and get some extra team-ups. And you can focus on only getting team-ups, bc yellow is taken care of.
    Might not be the fastest, but I like it.

Hard to set up though since both Okoye and Carol has black as their strongest color. You'd need a third character with high enough yellow damage to beat out Okoye's black - among the fivestars Kitty and Daredevil comes to mind as characters with yellow as their strongest color. Probably easier to set up for a fourstar player with an underleveled Okoye.