Overclocked only fires once for each team in Bishop vs. Bishop match up [By Design]

Options
jamesh
jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

I noticed this while playing the current Support Circuit event in the Round 8 node (Cyclops, Spider-Man, and Bishop).  I brought the team of Rocket+Groot, Kitty Pryde, and Bishop.

When I made a match causing sufficient damage, the enemy Bishop triggered his Overclocked power.  This caused my own Bishop to jump to the front and also fire Overclocked.  At that point, the turn ended.

Instead, I would have expected the enemy Bishop to trigger Overclocked a second time: he was attacked a second time with damage exceeding his threshold, so based on the power description it should have been triggered.

And if it had triggered, I would expect my own Bishop to respond in kind like he did the first time, etc...

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @jamesh
    I've checked with the team, and this is the intended functionality. The developers didn't want this to ping pong back and forth endlessly. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @jamesh
    I've checked with the team, and this is the intended functionality. The developers didn't want this to ping pong back and forth endlessly. 
    It wouldn't be endless, one of them would drop eventually, but yeah, it would make all Bishop mirror matches play out the same if it kept triggering. Probably for the best this way.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @jamesh
    It wouldn't be endless, one of them would drop eventually, but yeah, it would make all Bishop mirror matches play out the same if it kept triggering. Probably for the best this way.
    [Scene: outside of a single story wooden building with a a wrap-around porch.  2 elderly gentlemen in overalls sit in rocking chairs, slowly rocking and sipping lemonade]

MAN1 (slight southern drawl): Nothing like gettin' older and watchin' youngin's makin' the same mistakes we did in our youth,

MAN2 (much stronger southern drawl): Yup

MAN1: Do you 'member when 2 star Storm was one of the best defensive heroes?

MAN 2: Yup

MAN1: And do you 'member when that same Storm was a required character, the insanity and silliness that occurred?

MAN2: Yup

MAN1: I 'member.  Pepperidge Farms 'members.