Need advice on new teams with roster

kmusic0788
kmusic0788 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
I have about 3 decent/good teams that I use here is my roster https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Bob-wehadababyitsaboy/

Any suggestions???

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    First off, stop putting ISO into your 5*. It doesn't improve them that much until they get properly covered, and they're making PvP much, much harder for you. If you want to play PvP, you may even want to sell them off. They're pushing the levels of the teams you see, and who see you, way up.
    Secondly, once you've Champed characters, you can swap their powers around freely. Thanos should almost always be 5/3/5, Patch is best at either 5/5/3 (against goons) or 3/5/5 (against tile-movers), and Captain America and Magneto both want to be 3/5/5, for example.
    I don't know which teams you currently use, but you've got most of the really important 3* there.
    - Patch/Strange/IM40 is the best goonbuster team you're going to have available for a long time. Don't worry about the fact that IM40 isn't Champed, he's got 5 in yellow, which is all that really matters.
    - IM40 plays well with a lot of characters. Thor, Cap, Magneto, and Cyclops jump out from your Roster there.
    - SWitch (5/3/5), Iron Fist, and Luke Cage is a classic. They take a while to get going, but if you can spare the time, they can punch way above their weight class.
    - Hawkeye and Patch also work well together. No colour overlap, they both have true healing, and Hawkeye can use the Enemy Strikes that Patch creates to generate more AP. IM40 is yet again a good third here, since yellow is the only colour that doesn't have an Active yet.
    It's not a team suggestion, but try to get Deadpool Rostered, and use him every day at least once, in DDQ or against easy PvE Nodes or whatever. That will start building up your supply of Deadpool Points, which you can eventually spend to power up his purple to take out just about anyone.
    The other main 3* you're missing are Kamala Khan, Blade, Daken, and Rocket & Groot. Khan is just generally awesome. Blade isn't as important right away, but he's very nice to have around and built up once you start working on your 4*, because he plays well with a bunch of them. Daken and R&G are mostly notable for their true healing (they make great teammates for Thanos), but they both also have a pretty solid offensive power, and both create Strike tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think the 5*s you have now, at those levels, are killing your MMR, but I agree you should stop putting iso into them. You should probably stop putting iso into 4*s too, unless it's somebody with 5 covers on their "good" power - they are generally terrible till they're great.

I also agree that you should go through and "fix" all your color spreads, that makes a huge difference on most characters, and most characters have a "correct" build.

Generally speaking, working on a single character at a time is going to get you better results faster than diluting your resources. Have a single bonus hero per tier, it'll get you what you want more quickly than spreading it around.

· I'd recommend finishing IM40 and adding back the rest of the 2* tier to get your farm going. It may seem like a step back to roster 2*s, but the game rewards a wide bench over a tall bench, and the champ rewards will help you grow the upper tiers.

I'd also recommend adding Blad3 - I used to run him with Switch/Falcon and play the tile-buff game, and try to get some of those purple attacks out on the board. if you have enough strikes, they come out doing quite a bit of damage every turn.
  • kmusic0788
    edited February 2019
    Thanks guys very helpful I am actually using switch with gsbw and Im40 or with iron fist and Luke cage. I do use my 2 5 stars in amazing combos black panther with 3*magneto and either 3* storm or a championed 2* captain marvel.  With Hawkeye I use Loki and 3* cap. also Loki with Hawkguy and patch
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Your 5* Hawkeye, having only 2 on his passive, is pretty much strictly a high-match damage battery. I wonder if he'd be any good as a meat shield for a Loki (5/3/5 maybe?)/Cap (5/5/3) team? Allow the enemy to get a couple match-4s so loki does CD spam, every time they resolve they steal 2 random AP, hawkeye is fortifying them in the background, as well as generating 1 blue/1 red additional every time they resolve, so Cap can keep everyone stunned and shield bashed.  

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    You have a usable 4-star X-Force Wolverine. Here is a sneaky good team: XFW, Magneto (3-star), Loki (3-star)

This is a mass-destruction team that is capable large-scale cascades and board destruction, with the capability of going winfinite due to all the AP it can generate. The trick is to have a cast of Magneto's red and Loki's purple in the bank. Magneto's red will clear all the team-up tiles off the board. This makes Loki's purple board re-arrangement much more effective at causing cascades and generating AP. Often, this is all it takes to trigger a landslide.

Magneto can also re-arrange the board with his blue, causing more cascades. Wolverine will join the fun with his green (pure board destruction) as well as his black (more pure board destruction).

Now, where this team can stall is a yellow heavy board. But that's okay, just match yellow to get Magneto's defense tiles out and give your team some protection until you can get things going again.
  • kmusic0788
    The road warrior....it's is actually 2 red /2 blue generation on Hawkeye and it works so amazingly he is a high match battery 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2019
    Is it 2/2? I have a 1/5/3 hawkeye, so I have it in my head he's 1/1 lol. Well, there you go.

You might also fire off Recovery if you have it before you fire off some of those other powers, and then match it on purpose. It also destroys a bunch of random tiles and does a little damage for each. Or let it resolve and take the health.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it 2/2? I have a 1/5/3 hawkeye, so I have it in my head he's 1/1 lol. Well, there you go.

You might also fire off Recovery if you have it before you fire off some of those other powers, and then match it on purpose. It also destroys a bunch of random tiles and does a little damage for each. Or let it resolve and take the health.
    Recovery can actually end up doing more damage than X-Force. Altho probably not at 4/3/1, admittedly.