Complications to PvE clear times (best of the worst moments threads)

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
What are your best stories of real life getting in the way that fast sub-event clear and potentially high placement?

I've attempted top placement many many times over the course of my MPQ career (I choose career very specifically) In that time I've had many moments of playing 3 days perfectly and missing my top ten spot because of some real life need come up on the fourth day. 

My favorite for this month, I'm playing my clears and I'm doing fairly well when I hear screams from the other room. The wife is yelling for me to come into the room. Where I see the three cats surrounding a mouse who is running back and forth. I arm myself with a bowl and broom and chase the mouse through the living room until I finally catch it. 28 minute clear is postponed by at least ten minutes and who knows how many placements. 

So please, share your stories. 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doing clears at night after the kid Went to bed... then he starts vomiting. Couldn't very well ask him to wait until after the grind...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My client postponed our appointment to a timing (after work) where I'm supposed to begin my 5th to 7th clear of PvE node. :s
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    My client postponed our appointment to a timing (after work) where I'm supposed to begin my 5th to 7th clear of PvE node. :s
    What do you do Hound?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    When traveling in Australia, I had a flight push up (left early) because everyone was boarded on a full flight.  People were so excited we were leaving early as I frantically tried to finish as quickly as I could.  Went from #2 to #56 because we took off too soon.  And placement was for the (then) new Carnage.
  • therightwaye
    On a similar note, there was that time I wanted to get Taskmaster. So I stayed up late three nights and got only a few hours of sleep each. I was falling asleep at the desk and couldn't be trusted to drive. But I took second place in PvE. worth it, right?

I am actually getting too old for this poop. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I wasn't in the running for top placement, but I was in line for my standard top 50 and max progression until vegas got me.  I...just...couldn't keep my eyes open...ended up like 3k short of progression
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I chose the late PVE shift, doing the 11pm EST slice, which is my best chance to avoid disruptions.  Even then, I've had kids vomiting, crying babies, or just simple things disrupt my grind, like my wife asking me a question.  I don't think anyone outside of the game really understands that even a small disruption can ruin days of hard work.  And I almost feel bad for people who I jump past in rank because they had some small disruption during their grind. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is already enough of a time sink.   I stopped worrying about placement years ago  :'(
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Enemy of the State - 7 day PVE... final day, sitting in 9th place SCL9 with as optimal clears as I can get... my youngest kid borrows my phone to play Pokemon Go!.. he gets bored so he goes and clears one of the lvl 47 easy subs 12 hours early.

Finished 22nd.
  • therightwaye
    Enemy of the State - 7 day PVE... final day, sitting in 9th place SCL9 with as optimal clears as I can get... my youngest kid borrows my phone to play Pokemon Go!.. he gets bored so he goes and clears one of the lvl 47 easy subs 12 hours early.

Finished 22nd.
    Ouch
  • Space Dwarf
    Space Dwarf Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I’ve had more than my fair share of sleeping through my grind. In fact that happened just this past week but my favourite happened months ago. I was gunning for T5 in The Hunt. Last day of the event, I begin my grind. Sometime during that grind, I fell asleep. 😂I came to 8 minutes after event end, staring at my phone in the middle of a match while sitting on my couch. Once I realised what happened, I just shook my head & retreated from the match & took whatever **** placement I ended up with. 
  • therightwaye
    Anyone else here push their clear times up because there has just been constant shoveling to do?
    I started ten minutes late yesterday and finished with ten minutes remaining so that I could have 20 minutes to clear the large pile of snow building up at the edge of the driveway.