HP and ISO sales on Steam and iOS only?

Options
kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Cos I'm not seeing on my Android device. My alliance mates are seeing the sales on their iOS devices and I can verify the sales on my 2nd MPQ account on STEAM.

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Cos I'm not seeing on my Android device. My alliance mates are seeing the sales on their iOS devices and I can verify the sales on my 2nd MPQ account on STEAM.

I can see them on my note 3..i mean, I can buy HP/ISO.....but if you mean a "sale"...then I can confirm I don't see that either here.
  • kensterr
    Options
    pM0ig0e.jpg
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What the??? I definitely do NOT get that on my Android, that sucks.
  • kensterr
    Options
    yeah, sux big time for small and big whales alike. not to mention gigantic whales too.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Not seeing that on my iPhone...I'd love a sale right now...I could max out Daken.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not on my iPhone either.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, not seeing it on iOS OR steam either.

Not that I really want to encourage their recent behavior anyway
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't have any sale neither on steam nor Android.

A bug. Though I wonder if You buy one of those, You'll get the value shown...

Don't try it though. This game is not worth spend money on.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    They've mentioned in the past about doing targeted sales to some users. It's likely just being used for a/b testing. I also think we can do without the additional commentary.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have an extremely low level Steam account (I wanted to see what the diff was and play it when all my players on my phone are recharging. lol) and I can verify that the above sale is shown in steam, but not on my android phone...
  • chrisf
    chrisf Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Too bad that value per dollar is still really bad. 20 bux for 3 3 star skillups or 20bux for 5 ISO levels on my 100+ 3 star character? Atrocious. This is the free to play game that I play the most and want to spend money on, but I can't justify the absolutely terrible value per dollar to do it.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Prizes are a quite hard to defend. I love F2P games, because I can support my devs whenever I can/want with whatever I can/want. I play a lot of lol and I've spent there tons of € over the last 2 yerars, but the content they provide and the prices are "ok". Here I can't get myself to spent more money (I've spent quite a lot already) due to the price and the insane changes they made on the last couple of months.

Spending 20€ to lvl a couple of skills of a 3* or to get 5-10 lvls on a characters is too much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm on iOS and I don't have a sale. Some people in alliance see 1 though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have an extremely low level Steam account (I wanted to see what the diff was and play it when all my players on my phone are recharging. lol) and I can verify that the above sale is shown in steam, but not on my android phone...

Yeah, I have a junk steam account too. Haven't used it in ages, mostly because it's not FB linked, so all data is stored locally, and I'm not fond of keyboard/mouse for match-3. Largest screen I feel comfortable playing match 3 on is a small tablet (7-8" range). Anything larger than that just gets uncomfortable dragging your fingers around, at least for me.

You know, the interesting thing is, my steam characters are still low level enough that they're not broken by high cooldowns when they wipe so the game feels a lot more fun. One of my criticisms of this game is that it's a lot more about risk management than encouraging experimentation and creativity in how you play. In the original PQ games, you lose a match you just lose a match. You can play again immediately, and try it a different way, different powers etc.. In MPQ you have to be a lot more deliberate about which characters and powers you use, so it forces you into going with the characters that deal the most damage, quickest, while taking least.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    They've mentioned in the past about doing targeted sales to some users. It's likely just being used for a/b testing. I also think we can do without the additional commentary.

Afaik that kind of practice is not even legal in the EU.

Companies can not force one citizen to pay a higher price than another citizen based on arbitrary characteristics. There are anti-discrimination laws in place for that kind of thing. Moreover, I don't even remember ever having seen any kind of EULA when I installed MPQ or first started it up in which I have received clear notification of user data being collected and for what purposes. Legally, the publisher is not allowed to use (or even collect...) non-aggregated, non-anonimized data without giving notice and receiving permission, which means they can do nothing but base targeted pricing efforts on arbitrary charateristics, because legally they should have nothing concrete to go on.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Anyone can confirm that this is a targeted sale to some users only?

Why are people who's been supporting devs alienated?
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Moreover, I don't even remember ever having seen any kind of EULA when I installed MPQ or first started it up in which I have received clear notification of user data being collected and for what purposes. Legally, the publisher is not allowed to use (or even collect...) non-aggregated, non-anonimized data without giving notice and receiving permission, which means they can do nothing but base targeted pricing efforts on arbitrary charateristics, because legally they should have nothing concrete to go on.

I'm not sure where it is on other platforms, but in IOS if you go to the options screen, the "View Privacy Policy" takes you to this data collection policy. Not defending the rest at all, just pointing this fact out.

And nope, no sale here.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No sale for me, either.

Man, this reminds me of the stunt Amazon pulled a few weeks ago, where they gave out Kindles and Paperwhites for $19/$44 to only certain customers, with a complete disregard for who had been supporting them (in fact, it seemed like those who had bought less from them were more likely to get the offer). As someone who'd shopped with them for years and years, I was pretty damn bitter when I found out I wasn't extended the offer, to the point where I've been buying a lot less from them lately.

I was already planning on distancing myself from this game, though, so this is kinda just salt in the wound at this point.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beast1970 wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Moreover, I don't even remember ever having seen any kind of EULA when I installed MPQ or first started it up in which I have received clear notification of user data being collected and for what purposes. Legally, the publisher is not allowed to use (or even collect...) non-aggregated, non-anonimized data without giving notice and receiving permission, which means they can do nothing but base targeted pricing efforts on arbitrary charateristics, because legally they should have nothing concrete to go on.

I'm not sure where it is on other platforms, but in IOS if you go to the options screen, the "View Privacy Policy" takes you to this data collection policy. Not defending the rest at all, just pointing this fact out.

And nope, no sale here.
    Pretty sure that if 'shrinkwrap' EULAs are kinda shaky legally, ones you have to search to find, much less not click Agree on are even less so
  • kensterr
    Options
    We'll never know the actual reason until IceIX or another dev comes in to explain. Otherwise those who got the sale and bought it are damn lucky.