How long is the Doc Ock costume going to stay in VIP

Steve111
Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
December was Lady Deadpool. January was Doc Ock. February is... ??? (unchanged)

Another thought - how about a costume-less VIP for those of us who don’t want costumes?

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    For your first question, no idea on the timeline, but Lady Deadpool was in for like 39 days, more than a month. So I don't see it breaking down evenly like that with one costume per month. And Doc Ock's costume will hit that 39 day marker like... early next week? Or I guess in a few days, since it's already the weekend. Might stick around longer, since they announced when Lady Deadpool's time was coming to an end, but then they also announced Doc Ock's costume, and they haven't given a heads up on when Doc Ock is leaving yet (but when they do, it might come with the next costume's announcement).

For your second question... why? They don't cost you anything (you get the same thing in VIP with costumes as you did before, the only difference is that they added a costume), and if by some chance you get to renew your VIP twice in one costume's run, the second (duplicate) costume gets converted into HP. And they don't really get in your way in the interface of the game. If you don't want costumes, just ignore them, and occasionally reap the rewards for getting a duplicate. There aren't any downsides to getting them, so there's no benefit to the devs taking the time to code an option into the game.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The costume doesn't replace any of your rewards. It's a free add-on. You get extra 500HP(?) For Dr Ock's dupe costume. 

500 HP is two Bugle Pittance (200 HP deal in store), which is worth a total of 3.98. 

In a way, your VIP is only 6.01 for this renewal.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    And by the way, the costume means you get 2 Day 1 rewards in a row, or 29 days of faster healing as well.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently renewed VIP and got the Doc Ock costume, which was a duplicate costume, so i got 500 HP instead. Best use of a costume ever!