Hiding certain in-game notifications

INTRODUCTION
For some time now, I have been bothered by the sheer amount of pop-ups I get on a daily basis while playing.
Examples of these are:
  • Your alliance earned you this reward
  • Your winning has earned you this reward
  • Your winning means this is the next reward

I accept the fact that more business type pop-ups like the following may not be read or opened as frequently in case of a format change, so I don't want to suggest changes to other messages like:
  • Mentioned of external marvel activity (new movie, game, tv-show)
  • Prompt to fill out a survey
  • Release note regarding new version (new characters being added or bigger changes)

But I think the reward based notification could just be saved in a notification center. For example, when I win a match in a tournament I have the following experience:
  1. "Victory" message appears
  2. "You won" screen - showing the overall progress of the tournament and for the specific round. Here I see if the progress bar ticks over and triggers a new reward
  3. I tap "Next"
  4. I see I got a new reward
  5. I tap "New rewards" to open it
  6. The reward opens and shows what I got
  7. I tap "Claim"
  8. Step 4-7 is repeated for each prize I have won - In case I played a match with multiple waves of enemies
  9. I get back to the mission screen
  10. A pop-up of what I just won appears
  11. I tap "Next"
  12. A Pop-up of what I can win if I keep playing appears
  13. I tap "Next"

And now I am ready to play a new match.
This seems like an unnecessary number of steps and taps, just to get the reward of a match. And I count the same information being delivered multiple times including:
  • What I have just won: 3 Times- during the progress bar, as I open the prize, and as a pop-up
  • What I can win next: 2 Times - during the progress bar and as a pop-up
And assuming I have played a match with 3 waves and won 1 reward in each of them, I counted 11 taps, just to verify I want my rewards.
11 taps!
And at no point do I have an option to say "no I don't want this" and cancel out. So that is 11 mandatory taps, to do something, which could easily be done in the background, without prompting the player to react to it.

THE SUGGESTION
Sorry for the long introduction, but I wanted to make the reason for the suggestion clear.
I suggest a notification center where the list of my won prizes and the next possible prize can be seen. Basically, like the progress bar screen, but across multiple tournaments and including a history of previous won prices.

In order to avoid a huge backlog for those players who will not use it, it could automatically clear out notification about passed tournaments a few days after the tournament has ended.

Comments

• SilverSniperDK
    SilverSniperDK Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Also a quick comment on the number of taps. Due to all of the animations, the player cannot simply spam-tap the screen, and have the information disappear in a few seconds.
    Since the buttons only load at the end of the animation the user has to wait for each individual animation to be over before he can proceed. This means the 11 taps can quickly become 30+ seconds of looking at animations and tapping the screen, in order to get to the next game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    The "Options" menu (the gear symbol in the upper left corner) lets you disable push notifications - some or all. I have them all turned off. You can also turn off character animations there if they bother you.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    The "Options" menu (the gear symbol in the upper left corner) lets you disable push notifications - some or all. I have them all turned off. You can also turn off character animations there if they bother you.
    While that does work for animations, the Notifications that OP is talking about are not the same thing as the "Push Notifications" in the options.  Push Notifications are the annoying messages that show up in your device's status bar, even when the game isn't running.  The notifications he is talking about are the award splash screens after each match. 
  • SilverSniperDK
    SilverSniperDK Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster said:
    Thanks for the reply. I have already turned off both push notifications and animations.
    I do actually like the animations, but like the pop-up notifications, they current prevent quick gameplay.
    I will create a new thread regarding those, as I have actually wondered about a better way of showing the animations.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I think we should only get notifications when we're at one the game's three main screens, being Prologue, Story, and Versus. As soon as you dive into any event on any of those screens, all notifications should be disabled.

If I'm doing Story clears, I do NOT care if someone is attacking me in Versus. And if I happen to be Shielded, I REALLY do not care.

That said, even with the "You've been attacked!" notifications, the Versus/PvP game is still broken many years after release, and so I can be attacked in PvP and and lose points on the server side, but the losses do not show up & the points are not deducted until some time later. Or worse, they only show up after I've thrown up a Shield.

I've been told to view the Leaderboard and that will sync my phone's data with server, but that does not always work for me. On multiple occasions I've checked the leaderboard then immediately Shielded, and 10-30 seconds later I'll receive a notification that I've lost a match or three, and now my score is 50-100 points less than what it was when I Shielded.

Or worse, while doing PvP matches one of the nodes will turn Red, so I know I've been hit, and the game on my end has clearly registered the hit, and yet the points from the loss are NOT deducted immediately. I've sometimes fought 2-3 more matches after seeing the red node before finally getting the notification and the points getting deducted.

At least MPQ isn't as horrible with the notifications as Marvel Strike Force. I really liked that game, and I finally completed my Defenders + Punisher team, but I've stopped playing it now, in part because the notifications are just so ridiculously pervasive. And they're almost all saying the same thing: Give us your moneh!!!

MPQ by contrast is a silent library ;)
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:

I've been told to view the Leaderboard and that will sync my phone's data with server, but that does not always work for me. On multiple occasions I've checked the leaderboard then immediately Shielded, and 10-30 seconds later I'll receive a notification that I've lost a match or three, and now my score is 50-100 points less than what it was when I Shielded.

This does work... for everything the server knows about already.  It does NOT help you if someone started a battle with you before you shielded and it still hasn't ended yet.  Once that battle is over (no matter how long it takes, as long as it's before the end of the slice), you will gain/lose points regardless of your shield state because it was started before you shielded.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    That makes sense! Thank you @abmoraz