Demoting Commanders

Kinesia
Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
Hi!

Our Alliance has 4 commanders and 2 are AFK and we want to kick them. (It's annoying that Commanders don't show the days since they logged on as well!)

Is there any way to do this without having to contact support?

(A "Propose demoting" button would be good, that the other commanders can then approve or deny...)

Thanks,
Kinesia

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    That’s been a problem for ever. Hope you get your wish. 
  • Kinesia
    Heh, ok, thanks, will have to work up the courage to talk to scary support again then!

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Kinesia said:
    Hi!

Our Alliance has 4 commanders and 2 are AFK and we want to kick them. (It's annoying that Commanders don't show the days since they logged on as well!)

Is there any way to do this without having to contact support?

(A "Propose demoting" button would be good, that the other commanders can then approve or deny...)

Thanks,
    Kinesia

Support will demote commanders if a commander has been away for fourteen days. I did it twice in an old alliance.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I literally scroll through the Daily Supply log of ISO and check to see who's playing and who's not in my alliance.  Yes, that sounds stalkery but for the past month  I feel like I'm one of the few heavy-hitters out of a full alliance.  I'm not a commander so I can't do anything.  But, I've been wondering the same thing as OP.
    (Now, let's see if I get backlash from the alliance I'm in...)
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    This happened to us a long time back; we had two commanders who did not play anymore. We ended up coordinating a mass move to create a new Alliance, and it's been smooth sailing since then. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    As I understand, you can ask CS to kick any commander except the alliance founder.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Yes unfortunately the only way to do it is via CS 

fortunately when I set up my own alliance the only person other than my cofounder who was a commander had the decency to remove himself when he had to quit because of vertigo 

maybe some day they will put in a demote button 
  • Kinesia
    I went through CS in the past because NO commanders were active anymore, but currently we have 2 active and 2 missing, it'd be nice if the 2 active could just go "yeah, we both agree, these folk haven't been around, we want them demoted.", which is a slightly different situation.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinesia said:
    I went through CS in the past because NO commanders were active anymore, but currently we have 2 active and 2 missing, it'd be nice if the 2 active could just go "yeah, we both agree, these folk haven't been around, we want them demoted.", which is a slightly different situation.

Are you saying the other commanders are active, but not contributing?

cs will demote anyone if you message them and say they have logged in in weeks.

but they won’t demote a commander, if he logs in once a week (or whatever the limit is)

do the 2 active commanders support your request?  If so CS won’t care one way or another, as long as they are confident that the commander in question is actually gone from the game with no plan to play in the near term, not just casual play
  • Kinesia
    The 2 missing aren't responding to hails and we can't actually tell if they've logged in at all (though can infer it from numbers on the daily bonus!)
    The 2 commanders that are around approve, so I'll have to get the ball rolling.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Ran into a similar problem years ago, started a new alliance no promotions one commander frankly you do not need more than 1 commander.. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    You have to be kidding - why is this now in "Suggestions and Feedback"?!?! This is an extremely valid thread that deserves wide coverage in General as an issue that affects Alliances. What "feedback or suggestions" are being offered here by the contributors to the developers? Maybe if the moderator had actually commented to assist the thread starter and then moved?

@Brigby, please consider putting this back in General or at least in the Alliance section? Maybe we could please also have some explanation as to the logic behind these various thread moves also? And even an official comment to help the topic starter resolve their issue?

Seriously, this is just inane.
    This. So much this. Ever since that mod returned to the forums, we've been having this. Please stop.
  • Kinesia
    @Brigby Morning!
    I looked at the different sub forums before posting and Alliances only has recruiting stuff not technical so this would've been lost.
    Suggestions and Feedback was not appropriate as I mostly had questions not suggestions and I wanted people to see it and answer.
    Obviously Bugs wouldn't work.
    Nowhere else was appropriate, this belongs in General given what the options are.

(I've put through support requests now. I just wish I hadn't had to!)

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. While it stands to reason that perhaps an Alliance discussion section may be warranted to avoid situations like these, I agree that General Discussion seems like a bit more apt of a location, as opposed to the Feedback sub-forum.

I've gone ahead and moved it back to General Discussion. If this thread ends up turning into a "We should have this feature, and this is how we think it should operate" at some point though, then that may be an appropriate moment to transition it over to the Suggestions & Feedback section for the development team's review.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact this thread exists perhaps suggests the need for maybe an advice thread on contacting Customer Support for this issue? Possibly it could be stickied and contain information such as what details CS need to help alliances where this has happened?