Sarkhan Unbroken - Gameplay

babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
For those of you wondering if the new planeswalker, Sarkhan Unbroken.. aka Brokhan...  is worth buying for $$$, I shot a video of a very explosive deck abusing his color trio and his insane loyalty skills.

I hope you enjoy and would love to hear other ideas to maximize his potential!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpTtgCh-xmk&lc=z23rczlr4kacu3twp04t1aokg1lirwllymj0a2v03f1ebk0h00410

P.S. I missed a match 5 on turn 1...  :s

Comments

• Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    babar3355 said:

P.S. I missed a match 5 on turn 1...  :s

That's the risk when you perform live ! :-). Thanks for the great video.

I guess the idea with Conflux was maybe to pick it with the 1st ability but from what I've heard from teammates colourless cards don't give mana bonus in that case, is that right ?

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, the idea was that a card that expensive is best used when it can be cast for free.  So perhaps if it was part of a free wish it would be worth a card slot.  And that's somewhat true.  

I mean honestly, I had a special request from a viewer to make a video with Conflux.  And this is the best use of it I have seen...  Although I have since removed it from the deck. =)
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Thésée said:

I guess the idea with Conflux was maybe to pick it with the 1st ability but from what I've heard from teammates colourless cards don't give mana bonus in that case, is that right ?
    I would've thought colorless cards might get the same treatment that they do from Karn, but that's not the case. They only boost your bonus in one color.

Also, I'm not sure how that boost is assigned. What I mean is, I don't know if every single colorless card boosts only the same color, or if each different one boosts a different color, or if it's truly a random event every single time. I need to do some testing on that aspect to be certain.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    I used Conflux w Karn, where you could get +7 to all mana bonuses with a little fiddling.  I think somebody posted a 'Karnflux' deck a while back that was similar to what I built.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    I used Conflux w Karn, where you could get +7 to all mana bonuses with a little fiddling.  I think somebody posted a 'Karnflux' deck a while back that was similar to what I built.
    Sure, that's possible, but at the end of the day it's just an exercise to see how long you draw out a match. There's little point to doing this because by the time you've maxed out all of Karn's mana gains, you should already have won the match. It's really a shame how crummy this card is. It could be so much better if it cost about half as much. As it is now, it's just a shiny digital paperweight in my collection.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I never really used conflux. Was my first mp of the set and i got four copies over time. Just maxed!

• Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited February 2019
    I tried a setup like that and i must say i love it. 
    I replaced conflux with summoners pact  but i nearly killed myself with it. So it is not that viable the deck just loops too long at times. Now i changed out summoners pact and added path of discovery. That's pretty bonkers, because it gives you more gems of Red and blue color, to 1.) make sure more gems overall have matching colors and 2.) make the djinn wishes have matching colors to get Hit by your combo more often. Thanks for sharing! And just ignore my yt comment  i did not think it would loop that long.. 🙄