Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six - Event Details (2/5/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the details for the upcoming Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six event on 2/7/19

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Thank you for getting this information up!  I'm sure its a lot of work putting the table together each time.

I am wondering if the Red iso rewards are correct in the Individual Rewards table, as they look like the old amounts.  Could be some copypasta?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice to see Infinity War Spider-Man has been added to the fixed boost list for this event.  About time :smile:
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Well, this will be a breeze with that boost list.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,367 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, 5Thor boosted is nice, but makes him tank so much colors! #firstworldproblems
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Hmm, 5Thor boosted is nice, but makes him tank so much colors! #firstworldproblems
    Worse yet, since 3-star Thanos is boosted, I won't be able to use my 5-star Thanos on that node.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep rocking those ISO prizes.
    Never change.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

Public Service Announcement: Do NOT use Infini-Spidey versus boss Venom. You WILL be insta-killed when Venom devours all those web tiles.
    Only if you manage to travel back in time to before they changed Venom's Devour. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Public Service Announcement: Do NOT use Infini-Spidey versus boss Venom. You WILL be insta-killed when Venom devours all those web tiles.
    Only if you manage to travel back in time to before they changed Venom's Devour. 
    Boss Venom in Sinister Six is 4* version and uses special attacks. I'm not aware this has been changed?

To quote from the Sinister Six 2017 release thread:

• Venom (Sinister Six)
      • Creates Invisibility tiles until he is ready to attack
      • Creates Web tiles after attacking
      • Can devour an enemy if there are enough Web tiles on the board

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66036/upcoming-event-spider-man-vs-the-sinister-six/p1

Last time I played Sinister Six was shortly after I had champed Infinity War Spider-man back in August 2018 and was completely caught off guard when sending him against Venom and Venom insta-killing him.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only boost I care about is TA Hulk. I need that guy against Ock.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    Thank you for getting this information up!  I'm sure its a lot of work putting the table together each time.

I am wondering if the Red iso rewards are correct in the Individual Rewards table, as they look like the old amounts.  Could be some copypasta?
    Ah nice catch! I'll have to double check with the team as to what the Red Iso-8 amounts will be, but my guess is that you're correct that those are the old amounts.

Once I receive further information, I'll be sure to update those charts.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    This would only be the mini-boost of about 10 levels, right?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR said:
    DeNappa said:
    This would only be the mini-boost of about 10 levels, right?
    Correct.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good lord, Kitty is amazing in this. Especially when Venom or Doc Ock are the first wave.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riri's red can one-hit them every time as there are no other opponents. I've been using Vulture to fuel her blue to fuel her red, except against Doc Ock where Vulture's blue can destroy his counttown right out of the gate.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Bolt's Silent Scream can take out Doc Ock even if all of his special tiles are on the board.  I assume that's because the board is destroyed, and then the damage is dealt.  I tested that out this time around, and it worked.  MEH Hulk and Gladiathor were my other two characters...never did get enough for a Gamma Powerbomb.

For those of you with 5trange champed, switch his purple over to 4 if you're facing Venom.  It will get rid of his invisibility tiles, and Venom will just sit there while you're making matches and generating AP.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Before anyone shouts at me, I know it isn't the case for everyone, and that there's no harm in a weekend off, but they can't really want some people to finish a 3 1/2 day event in nine hours, can they? The scoring for this event always feels like they screwed it up when they designed it, and then could never be bothered to fix it.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good lord, Kitty is amazing in this. Especially when Venom or Doc Ock are the first wave.
    And Riri. Yes, they do. And putting R&G in makes the damage nice when Doc Ock has lost all his tiles  :smile:
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Richyyy said:
    Before anyone shouts at me, I know it isn't the case for everyone, and that there's no harm in a weekend off, but they can't really want some people to finish a 3 1/2 day event in nine hours, can they? The scoring for this event always feels like they screwed it up when they designed it, and then could never be bothered to fix it.
    I feel like I'm much further ahead points-wise than I would normally be in a boss event. At this rate I'll definitely be finished early. Doc Ock's stage is the only one that's needed any thought to beat so far. I'll keep playing until the event finishes in order to help my alliance. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    While top alliances can finish this amazingly fast, there are a lot of alliances of different strengths.  Having an alliance event that you can finish is nice for a less accomplished alliance. (Some can only finish this one.)  And some will still be struggling to the end.  Also, the boss nodes give lots of points because they are waves (and have more health etc); pretty easy to deal with if you have the right 4*s and 5's, not so easy if you are in 3 land and you might not be able to clear all 3 bosses every time.  Back in 4 land, I think I wiped on a couple of the bosses and got partial points.  So they may have put in more potential points for the boss nodes thinking they would be harder for more people to consistently beat all 3 on each side every time.

Let's also note that this boss event seems to run less than others, perhaps because more people will get the rewards than most other events.

So....did they intend it to be this fast and easy for top people?  I would think probably not, but can you imagine them going back and make an event harder?  If anything, they do things like make them easier.  And if they did require more points, what would that messaging be?  "We noticed a lot of you were finishing this really quickly, so we increased the point requirements.  You'll need to play the same event longer now.  Just because we weren't comfortable with you being done early."  Anyway.