Chasing Namor

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2019 in MPQ General Discussion

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is pretty sad.

That said, are you sure you want to actually catch Namor?

I much prefer PvP in this game but faced with bothering with Namor's PvP yesterday and his strange collection of motley powers or playing the stupid Supports thing, I actually chose the latter.
  • qandols
    edited February 2019
    I'm an impossible completionist, that's all. I just champed Wiccan, he is just as wonky as Namor, I guess. But, gotta catch them all  :p
    And tomorrow I have just enough HP to buy 11 more covers from his vault. Then I will give up, promise.
  • DAZ0273
    qandols said:
    I'm an impossible completionist, that's all. I just champed Wiccan, he is just as wonky as Namor, I guess. But, gotta catch them all  :p
    And tomorrow I have just enough HP to buy 11 more covers from his vault. Then I will give up, promise.
    Lol!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    RNG is indeed mysterious for those of us trying to catch 'em all.  On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've had Wiccan champed for a while now, but only today managed to get cover 14 for Black Panther.

The real question is whether I'll manage to champ Namor before pulling my first GED cover.  I put the odds at 50/50.
  • DAZ0273
    The first ever 4* cover I got was a Deadpool purple in February 2017 and he still isn't champed!
  • qandols
    DAZ0273 said:
    The first ever 4* cover I got was a Deadpool purple in February 2017 and he still isn't champed!
    Now that is really bad luck!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Now that is really bad luck!
    ...or at least bad timing, as Deadpool was never one of the "latest 12" during the time of vaulting until the current legendary token odds.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Best of luck finishing him -- he's worth the effort and the chase. Champing him also took me forever and a day, but now he's one of my most used characters. He's unbelievably effective at taking out the Kitty/Grocket and Medusa/Grocket teams that so relentlessly toadstool my lawn...
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    My first 4* cover was a Hulkbuster Red--at the time he was still the new hotness (FistBuster Team was king of PVP), so I was psyched that I got an early start working on him.

...He's still 5/5/2,  4 years later  :|
  • DAZ0273
    Ragnoluce said:
    My first 4* cover was a Hulkbuster Red--at the time he was still the new hotness (FistBuster Team was king of PVP), so I was psyched that I got an early start working on him.

...He's still 5/5/2,  4 years later  :|
    Well that has me beat!
  • DAZ0273
    Yepyep said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Best of luck finishing him -- he's worth the effort and the chase. Champing him also took me forever and a day, but now he's one of my most used characters. He's unbelievably effective at taking out the Kitty/Grocket and Medusa/Grocket teams that so relentlessly toadstool my lawn...
    Yeah, I really do want to champ him, he is incredibly useful. In the same amount of time I have got Elektra to 283 - thanks game.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    The first cover of namor has value for pve purposes.

Chasing after that is a dreadful waste of resources (at least in any world where mpq resources have any sort of limit).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    The first cover of namor uas value for pve purposes.

Chasing after that is a dreadful waste of resources (at least in any world where mpq resources have any sort of limit).
    I wish I could both LIKE and INSIGHTFUL this.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it helps, I got him after 10 pulls.
  • qandols
    edited February 2019
    Yup, I knew it. 78 pulls of 80 and Namor still stares at you from the vault. I hate that guy now.

Update:
    https://imgur.com/a/jJr7xUJ
     :| 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume Yakkety Sax was playing in the background when you did your pulls.
  • qandols
    Quebbster said:
    I assume Yakkety Sax was playing in the background when you did your pulls.
    That would've been most appropriate, yes.  :D
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry man.  I lucked out and got him on my 7th pull, that said I'd trade the cover to you for a different 4* cover if I could.  
  • qandols
    Got him at last from a vault reward. So I could at least do his level 78 training.