When do the next set arrive???

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
Anyone have an inkling as to what date the next set arrives?

I do not follow MTG news so have no idea how far we are from a new set. The info will come in handy trying to optimise the currency usage for the next few weeks.

Comments

• Tourmaline
    Tourmaline Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Im also wondering this as well.  Any insights?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd rather see it arriving late and including new coalition events than having another pushed update
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ravnica Allegiance has been out for a week or so now. So just speculating since we just got a patch probably late Feb
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir - I’m not impatient just curious.  :)

I would definitely prefer quality over speed for once.  ;)
  • Tourmaline
    Tourmaline Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think folks are just trying to gauge their crystal consumption. I know thats my motivation at least 

• Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lol the longer you save the more you’ll have. Consumerism has really damaged civilization and its basic ability to save. 
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, should I keep my distance in getting RIX and IXN packs?
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Might be by the end of the month or beginning of March  
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, should I keep my distance in getting RIX and IXN packs?
    I would start saving for the new set. I have been for a while now. 
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Definitely don't spend on IXN.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Options
       For different reasons, XLN and RIX are bad options to invest right now.
        First of all, with the new rotation system, ravnica and allegiance will stay in standard for a long time ... They are a better investment.
       Then, the enhanced orbs droprate when a set is released gives you a better payback ... And orbs to craft nondupes rares/mythics from the sets you are after (XLN and RIX in this case)
  • KenCaliri
    KenCaliri Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Been hoarding everything... End of February... Sarkhan is. Mine..350k runes 3k crystals.. good to go. Need some new cards!!!
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any official information at all on the release of the next set would be greatly appreciated.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    I'm ready for the next set!

Not in an "answersnow!" kinda way, that would just be rude.

I'm just excited to see what the cards will be like, and especially the new guild mechanics!

TBH if one of the things which has delayed the release of the new set was the introduction of the player profiles and the new mastery system, then I'd rather that had been pushed back instead of RNA. New sets are always going to provide more new content than anything else, simply because so much of what WOTC put into paper design can be incorporated!

New sets don't provide new content. They just provide new toys to play with in old content.

I'd put aside whole sets just to have them add more content. New coalition events, new non-coalition events, new story chapters, etc.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    starfall said:
    I'm ready for the next set!

Not in an "answersnow!" kinda way, that would just be rude.

I'm just excited to see what the cards will be like, and especially the new guild mechanics!

TBH if one of the things which has delayed the release of the new set was the introduction of the player profiles and the new mastery system, then I'd rather that had been pushed back instead of RNA. New sets are always going to provide more new content than anything else, simply because so much of what WOTC put into paper design can be incorporated!

New sets don't provide new content. They just provide new toys to play with in old content.

I'd put aside whole sets just to have them add more content. New coalition events, new non-coalition events, new story chapters, etc.
    I mean, it used to be that each new set also came with a new suite of events.  So new set == new content.

Nowadays I agree with you.  We need new events more than we need new cards.  It's starting to get really boring around here, even with the increase in event frequency
  • Magic123
    Magic123 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What they really need is a whole new game mode. They made the big boss ones like avacyns madness, im sure they can think up another really cool idea.
  • KenCaliri
    KenCaliri Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow raid... Did you follow methods world first on lady jaina proudmore?