R170 Hot Fixes (2/1/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here is a running list of any notable hot fixes or changes for the R170 patch:
  • Hope Summers Rank 5 Perk now functions in the following manner:
    • At the start of battle, there's a chance to gain Green AP.
    • All players that owned a Rank 5 Hope Summers received 2 Master Support tokens as compensation

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish I had that problem!  :lol:
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    PiMacleod said:
    Lol, same! :smiley:
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume they changed it because it created an infinite combo somehow.  Reduce a 6 Green AP cost to 3 Green, then fire it again and again and again.  I wonder if they'll change the Soul Stone's ability to give you 5 AP when downing a character?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Previously, Rank 5 Hope at 250
    had an 80% chance to gain 4 Green AP when the supported person fired a power. 

My guess is that you’d run Thor with Kitty and maybe Okoye, try to spam Kitty’s red and use God of Thunder a lot more quickly than usual. Or maybe use Gambit instead of Kitty. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    New ways to acquire supports!  Simply own a rank 5 Hope Summers support!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I assume they changed it because it created an infinite combo somehow.  Reduce a 6 Green AP cost to 3 Green, then fire it again and again and again.  I wonder if they'll change the Soul Stone's ability to give you 5 AP when downing a character?
    Considering
     that it is impossible to get a level 5 Soul Stone at this point in the game I don't think that is high on the list of priorities at the moment.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:
    Considering
     that it is impossible to get a level 5 Soul Stone at this point in the game I don't think that is high on the list of priorities at the moment.
    Good point. But now I'm thinking: why did they make something that can't be obtained by anyone? Plus, I've said before that infinity stones are not that powerful when compared to other supports. Just because they're a top prize doesn't mean they're awesome. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I presume that there is a plan to add Rank 5 Infinity Stones to the game at some point.  Note that we are in round 2 of the Stones being rewarded at Rank 4 and below, and that translates into about 48 weeks (maybe it gets to a year with the extended off season last October) since they began the process.  So maybe this year we'll see Rank 5.

And it's true that not all the Infinity Stones are that exciting (some are still quite good).  Which is interesting, since they were actually more impressive when announced than now as some different Supports have been released.  This is perhaps a good topic for another thread.  Anyhoo, they do maintain some value as pure trophies given their rarity.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    PiMacleod said:
    ditto