Please improve the placement rewards for the top finishers in the new weekly support PVE.

Options
whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
The new Support Circuit PVE rewards for placement are bad. They are almost meaningless.  The difference between Top 10 and any placement below that is inconsequential.   Even Top 1 in SCL8 or SCL9  gives about a 5 percent chance for a prize that is meaningful.  The difference in placement in the top 10 is going to be about 10 points or less.  So there is going to be a luck factor as well.   Please remember that the majority of the people placing in the top 10 in SCL8 or SCL9 are already going to have the majority of the supports, if not all of them, at a three star level or higher.  Since you guys lowered the reward for duplicates, there is basically a 66% chance that the first place grand prize is going to be 7000 red iso.  
That is not very exciting for people who are swimming in red iso and it is almost insulting. 
Now granted, that this entire event is basically one giant participation trophy.  But why not make top 10 somehow meaningful? 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Define meaningful. The only takeaway I get is better prizes or more meaningful prizes for top 10, where the meaning of "meaningful" is subjective.

Do you want the devs to give LTs, Rank 5 supports, Classic Tokens etc, more Iso-8, more HP, more CP? What's the minimum quantity you expect?
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed, the placement for Support Circuit is awful, even if you're top 3. I made 1st in my SCL6 bracket and got a rank 3 of a support that has been in the basic tokens for a year, and isn't markedly better than the rank1 version I already had. RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG behind placement to get anything good makes for really underwhelming rewards.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Better option:
    1. Remove placement rewards entirely and make it like DDQ
    2. Remove 80% of the garbage from the vault so that we might actually get a chance at a real support token ... OR...
    3. Give out actual supports instead of the craptastically worthless tokens.  The tokens just mean we have to overcome insanely long odds to get the token, then even more insanely long odds to get something useful.
    /**** is a perfectly cromulent word, you kwijibo