The Support Vault

Comments

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Supports Token (Master, Advanced, or Beginner)
    JHawkInc said:
    I think it's a bit early to have this thread since we aren't done using that vault yet. No data gathered here will be of much use because it will only be part of the whole picture.
    I was trying to get a tally of the initial pulls, waiting a month to see what is pulled is pointless in my opinion. Unless you believe a lucky pull in 30 days is more accessible 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    I think it's a bit early to have this thread since we aren't done using that vault yet. No data gathered here will be of much use because it will only be part of the whole picture.
    I was trying to get a tally of the initial pulls, waiting a month to see what is pulled is pointless in my opinion. Unless you believe a lucky pull in 30 days is more accessible 
    The whole point of tracking numbers is to FIND OUT if it's more accessible, is it not? You can't just say it doesn't work after 30 days and then refuse to collect the data, what's the point in that? You might as well just say it doesn't work and remove the poll, because at that point you're declaring an outcome and the numbers don't matter anyway.

Of course pulls over the month work, that's literally how probability math works. And the devs will certainly have taken that into account, and we have to as well if we're going to compare and see if the ultimate result is desirable.

Your current method is like buying a lottery ticket, and only comparing the first number, because it doesn't matter if the rest of the numbers match.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* Cover
    JHawkInc said:
    Agree.

I'm imagining at this point I'll be able to buy the daily deal here more often then not which should turn into some nifty supports over time. Hard to say by just speculating on Day 2, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Just like pulling 5* with LT or Classics where the odds are 1:7 some players get poor odds, some normal, and some good. When you add up all the pulls, the total results are close to 1:7. Someone did it in an old thread about pulling 5* from LTS.

The advantage about pulling from vault is that your odds increases for items that you want but one that you have yet to pull. Minimally, players playing  SCL 4 and above should have at least 16 Support vault tokens by the 4th week if they play for full progression. For ease of reference, the odds of pulling either a Support or Support token is 30/240 or 12.5% for your first pull. If you pulled 0 supports for 15 pulls, your odds are 13.3% instead.

Statistically speaking, in the long run, approximately 1 out of 8 pulls is a support or support token, if the data gathered is large enough (at least a 1000 pulls?). You need at least 63 players who pulled 16 times or 1000 token pulls from the vault in order for your data or finding to hold weight.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited January 2019
    2* Cover
    Just like pulling 5* with LT or Classics where the odds are 1:7 some players get poor odds, some normal, and some good. When you add up all the pulls, the total results are close to 1:7. Someone did it in an old thread about pulling 5* from LTS.

The advantage about pulling from vault is that your odds increases for items that you want but one that you have yet to pull. Minimally, players playing  SCL 4 and above should have at least 16 Support vault tokens by the 4th week if they play for full progression. For ease of reference, the odds of pulling either a Support or Support token is 30/240 or 12.5% for your first pull. If you pulled 0 supports for 15 pulls, your odds are 13.3% instead.

Statistically speaking, in the long run, approximately 1 out of 8 pulls is a support or support token, if the data gathered is large enough (at least a 1000). You need at least 63 players who pulled 16 times from the vault in order for your data or finding to hold weight.
    And probably more. And the vault math makes it a bit different, as you say. If you luck into 2 supports from the same vault, you might just stop pulling until the next one, which would make your pull rate look "better" than average.

Edit: reset the vault, I guess. For people with more HP than I have, surely :)
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    JHawkInc said:
    JHawkInc said:
    The whole point of tracking numbers is to FIND OUT if it's more accessible, is it not? You can't just say it doesn't work after 30 days and then refuse to collect the data, what's the point in that? You might as well just say it doesn't work and remove the poll, because at that point you're declaring an outcome and the numbers don't matter anyway.

Of course pulls over the month work, that's literally how probability math works. And the devs will certainly have taken that into account, and we have to as well if we're going to compare and see if the ultimate result is desirable.

Your current method is like buying a lottery ticket, and only comparing the first number, because it doesn't matter if the rest of the numbers match.
    So maybe my idea of more accessible and yours differ. But hey to each his own. Hope u voted what u pulled with your vault token
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would players stop pulling since those tokens are gotten through progression and they can`t hoard those tokens for the next vault?
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited January 2019
    2* Cover
    So maybe my idea of more accessible and yours differ. But hey to each his own. Hope u voted what u pulled with your vault token
    "Did you pull a support on your first try?" is not the same question as "Are supports more accessible now?"

We can clearly see the vault odds, they've been listed above and I won't duplicate them here. It's fairly clear that, over time, pulling from that vault will result in more support tokens than not pulling from that vault. And there's only a single 4* in the whole thing, so it might even be a better place for newer players to spend 100 HP here and there for the daily deal, if they're not ready to roster anyone new (compared to heroics).

Why would players stop pulling since those tokens are gotten through progression and they can`t hoard those tokens for the next vault?
    Er, right. Well, they can still reset the vault and even out their odds, I guess. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    No where in my original post did I say what did u pull first. I had 6 tokens by myself, my point was to see what was pulled in general.  Obviously over a month some one will pull a support. And yes we all read the odds. But regular 80 pull vaults had beginner tokens in them. This is a 240 pull vault.. so again the way we see accessibility in this matter differs. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    And just so you guys don’t think I’m jaded in this post, my pulls were a beginner token, 4* (Chavez),reg iso, and three 2* characters 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    4* Cover
    What we really need is a poll for how many 4 & 5 star supports you've obtained since supports were introduced. 
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited January 2019
    rank 4th, 6 tokens:

2* Pocket Radio (i'll just treat this like a token)
    3* Human Torch
    4000 Riso
    500 Riso
    500 Iso
    2* Bullseye
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    ISO
    ISO was the highest item in the list you gave. I got a total of 3,000 ISO and a 2* Human Torch from my 4 pulls.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    pulled the 4* cover on my 5th pull.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    An Actual Support Character
    I got a support token, a support, and three 2* covers. Lucky, I know.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    So far just 2*s and one 3* token which surprise surprise got me a duplicate 

happy to do an extra event as on dp v mpq it’s always slow 

lets see what next week brings 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* Cover
    I got an Ares with a side helping of Ares, a 2* Magneto and 5,000 iso.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    I actually need an option that says 'all of the above'.

I've had 9 pulls from the vault: 4+2 for progress and placement, and 3 daily deals. So far i've got:

2x Beginner support tokens (ended up being 3*Tinkerer and 2*YaroRoot)
    3000 Riso
    1500 + 1000 + 500 Iso
    3* Daredevil cover
    2* Wolverine cover
    1* Royal Talon Fighter support (the support itself)

Its a very nice mix so far, and i didnt have any of these supports at all, at any rank, so i'm feeling quite positive about things overall. This is of course only Day 3. :)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    ISO
    Only 2* covers, ISO, and Red ISO for me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a first world problem.  I pulled 2/3 Master tokens from my vault already.  (Dailys, SC tokens, and a 10 pack) 26 days left.  To reset or not to reset...and is it worth 400 HP.....