50 roster spots in 100 days.

Yesterday completed 100 days of mpq.also opened my 50th roster spot.
Till now no money spent on the game.
So am i progressing fast or slow?
Also have 7 3*champs.(strange,im40,kk,cage,fist,falcon,hawkeye).
Have 13 covers for patch and doc ock not yet champed.
Have 12 covers for doom and daken.
also have 11 covers for psylocke, panther, bullseye.
So need overall advice for my next 100 days.
Any opinions are welcome.
Also thanks in advance.

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like Scarlet Witch should be your next bonus hero.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with all of randomhero's advice, especially hoarding cp and LT.  It will be hard, but if you have any interest in ever entering the 4* and 5* tier of player, you will make your life so much better by hoarding now.

All hp goes to roster slots. The goal is to keep every single cover you get, especially 4*s. So never open tokens unless you have the hp to buy a new slot. Plan for new roster slot purchases when you know you will get a new character from progression.

Wait until you have 4-6 good 4* to start champing 4*s. The goal is to have at least 2x viable combo teams (e.g. grocket + gamora, or Carol + Medusa/Peggy etc).  That should give you enough options to let you play pvp and pve without having to buy health packs, or getting bored using the same 2 characters endlessly.

(And then eventually you will want to do the same basic thing for 5* land too, but that is likely to be a year or more from now if you don't whale it up)

As for your rate of roster growth, that's hard for me to say.  I got my first 3* fully covered 3* around day 120.  But that was in 2014, so it's not a terribly useful comparison!  I would guess that you are doing pretty well for a f2p player, even accounting for the faster 3* progression in the game now.  I think entering 4* land (as per the method described above) is a good goal for the nest 100-150 days.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    And Thanos...
    Get Thanos
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I was in 3* land I happened to get some 5*s, but they didn't change my MMR. Because of the cost of roster spots, hoard, hoard, hoard.  I even hoarded Heroic tokens until I had all 3* rostered.  As for your progression rate, I can't compare it to my own because I spent money on SCL bundles and HP for roster slots.  If you're doing your best, then you're doing good.  Be happy with that. 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    In the same boat on day 220, totally F2P.  You sound like you're progressing slightly faster as I only have 82 rostered.  I'm weak and have rostered too many 4* characters when I should have rostered all the 3* ones instead, still I'm nearly there.

As above hoard your CP and tokens (currently at 2181/28) until you have HP spare.

As well as Switch I'd recommend Ragnorak.  I know he gets some grief here but he's been good for me.  One of the 3* blue generators (along with Switch, IM40 and Hawkeye) that supports Strange.  Depends who the opponent and boost list is on who'll I'll play.  Ragnorak's blue generation is a useful alt to IM40, cheap, and if you either need an insta-stun (atleast he has a chance of getting some immediate blue AP) or mid level damage to down a danger he can do it.  He also has good health and a useful green, if Strange is downed he can usually finish of the opponents solo.

Obviously Thanos too, especially for placement and clearance time.
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    mpqavsmpqavs Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Switch is at 6 covers.got 1st thanos cover on 100th day.75hp more needed to roster him.will get it today.
    Have only one4*- carol@8 covers.
    Cp/LL=357/4.
    Used some cp to finish some 3*.
    Got 2 ragnarok covers,but roster after thanos if not expired.
    Since i have all important 3* no cp spending in near future i hope.
    Also one thing, use 75hp for shielding some times.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Hmm, I know that this advice can sound less than appealing, but in general, hoarding non consumable resources is always a safer bet in this game. 

There are very few circumstances underwhich it makes sense to spend could on a 3*.  Maybe if you have im40 (or some equivalently essential 3*) to at 12 covers and he was just up in the pve rotations.  But even then, there is basically no need spend could when you can set a single 3* bonus hero and expect to get that cover in a week or two anyway.  If you care about optimal resource usage, cp should only go to tokens.

As for how on shields, buying a shield isn't bad, so long as you get something for it (i.e. if you are using it to secure a placememt or prog reward that you otherwise couldn't get, then go for it.  But I would not recommend using the 8 hour shields until they will help you secure the 4* cover prog reward.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    And Thanos...
    Get Thanos
    This, times 10000000x

4* BH should be Groot as well.  Your first 4s should be Gamora/Dusa/Groot.  Changes the game forever.  Takes a ton of the pain out of PVE and alliance events.
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    Now carol at 8 covers.after finishing her i will go after groot medusa gamora.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    If you haven't spent any money then you are doing great.  You have the 3* meta team IMHO (Strange, IM40, KK).  You also have Fist/Cage which is a great combo.

All of your HP should go to roster spots.  If you happen to catch a 4*, roster them, if possible.

There is absolutely NO reason to pull LTs or use CP for tokens anytime soon.  You will be tempted.  Don't.  Unless you plan on buying 20,000 HP to buy roster spots.  Having 4* die on the vine because you have no roster spots makes no sense.

Also, if you land a 5*, adding them to your roster will mess up your MMR for PVP.  So again, no LT or CP usage.

Just keep trucking along, champing 3*, buying roster slots.  Eventually you will come to a point where you have some 4* within champ range.  You will want to champ several 4* at the same time and "leap" into the 4* world.

Next 100 days all depends on how much you play and spend.  If you keep it completely free, i'd expect you got 3x the champed 3*s you have now.  If you decide to buy some offers, of course you will accelerate.  Please put all that HP into roster slots and roster everyone.  Resist the urge to use it on vaults unless the vault has some really necessary covers.
    What @randomhero1090 said are the words of god etched into stone tablets: the absolute perfect advice for the whole game, The META-meta. 

Put all HP into roster slots. Don’t open LL tokens. Roster every 3* and 4* character. Farm 2*s religiously. Play DDQ every day. 

Meanwhile, sounds like you’re doing great!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread is great you guys are doing awesome. I hope more newer players join in and tell us how they are going. Also. If you get 4* Punisher you must use him in DDQ, it is a forum rule!*

* Established by me January 2019 terms and conditions apply mostly not applicable though...OK not at all.
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    Will try to obey the rule😉😀😁
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If possible, update your roster in here: 

https://mpq.gamependium.com

So that it will easier for the community to give you advice as you progress in the game.
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    I updated gamependium.but how can i show it to you?please need some help.
  • HoundofShadow
    Copy and paste your link here. The link will look something like this:

Where X is the name you used to create your account in there

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/X
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Mpqavsmpqavs/ 
    This is my roster.
    Thanks for the help
  • HoundofShadow
    The rationale for going after the following characters of each tier is because they can help you clear nodes in PvE the quickest. The quickest team in PvE puts you closer to top 10 or even top 1, provided that you have all the essentials. However, this might cause burnout and boredom faster in the long run. If you choose to go this route, then you need to be mentally prepared for this.

Quickest team (non-5-star) in no particular order:
    3-Star 
    1) Iron Man 40
    2) Dr. Strange
    3) Thanos

4-Stars
    1) Rocket & Groot
    2) America Chavez

Background/Context: I'm a 100% FTP who played MPQ in late November 2017. I play competitively in PvE and PvP (SCL 6). I'm not in a top 250 or top 500 alliance.

I champed all 47 3-star characters after playing the game for about 8 months. At that point of time, I have about half of the 4-stars rostered.

What advice to give depends on what your goals are. If you want to play competitively, champed the above characters as soon as possible, which you have done so for most of the 3-stars.

Looking at your roster, you have recruited many top 3-stars. If I were you, I would simply champ whomever fits my playstyle next. The next 100 days is simply farm 2-stars, champ your 3-stars and get ready for 4-star land.

1) use your Deadpool at least once per day in DDQ or PvE (easy nodes) to get Deadpool points. You can trade those points in the future to 1HKO opponents that you have difficulty with.

Here are some questions to let the community help you better:

1) Which SCL do you play in PvE?

2) Do you play PvE optimally? (4 clears + 3 clears method)

3) Which SCL do you play in PvP?

4) What goals do you set for yourself in PvP? For example, go for 16 wins or hit 575 points and stop, aim for top 10 or top 5 placements etc.
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    1. Scl 4
    2. If i like to make full clear i play 4+3clear method.otherwise i play here and there but try to get that hp rewards.
    3. Pvp.it is what i loves in mpq.play pvp at scl5.
    4.at the beginning my goal is to reach 575. now after championing 3 stars try to reach 725 and shield.at scl5 725 is enough for top 5.

Now i have little more time to play at scl5 in pvp.so i try to make most out of it.