Who was your “Large Pin” team for Support Circuit?

2»

Comments

• Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    +1 for Kitty, Grocket and Medusa on SCL 9.  Brutally efficient.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those using Gritty-Dusa for regular nodes, is that faster than Thanos? I was using Gritty/Thanos for DPvMPQ and for Support Circuit but am wondering if Dusa is a better third.  Obviously way better in terms of healthpacks.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    The usual bosskiller team: Half-Thor, Okoye, Valkyrie. Okoye has a lvl 200 Pocket Radio to make red the strongest color of the team.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    240 item vault?  What a joke!  Got 2 tokens, both 2*s.  I am not asking for an 80 item vault but c'mon.  I coasted with the old school Grocket, Medusa, Boosted Gamora.  Even without stuns it worked out easily.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    For those using Gritty-Dusa for regular nodes, is that faster than Thanos? I was using Gritty/Thanos for DPvMPQ and for Support Circuit but am wondering if Dusa is a better third.  Obviously way better in terms of healthpacks.
    I was asking myself that same question during the event.  I've tried both teams in SCL 8 and Thanos seems faster.  I didn't time it nor have I done a careful analysis, but the battles seem faster with Thanos.  I used Medusa until my Kitty reached higher levels, then I switched to Thanos.  I also moved 4*Vibranium Ore from Medusa to Thanos.  I can consistently rank #4 to #8 in SCL 8, thus beating 5* rosters with my "weaker" one.  If you're talking about using 5*Thanos in SCL 9, then I'm sure he's faster than Medusa.  If you're talking 3*Thanos, it's a close race.  Here's a quick napkin analysis:

Gritty-5*Thanos: takes 3-4 turns to kill 1st enemy => Thanos AOE => WIN
    Gritty-3*Thanos: takes 3-4 turns to kill 1st enemy => Thanos AOE => 1 turn to kill 2nd => AOE => WIN
    Gritty-Medusa: takes 2-3 turns to kill 1st enemy => 2 more turns to kill 2nd => 1-2 turns to kill 3rd => WIN

Of course, the coolest thing about Gritty is that you don't "waste time" firing active powers; it's just swipe-swipe-swipe-KILL.  The 2nd coolest thing is that you don't rely on collecting any colors from the board.  You simply use your matches to protect your strikes and get cascades.  Draining, Preventing or Stealing Gritty's AP doesn't stop them (I'm looking at you She-Hulk, Hood, Rogue, Peggy, Former-Gambit).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I used 452 Gho5t Rider, Okoye (5/2/1 lvl 300) and Jessica Jones (4/2/2 lvl 255) to get rid of Doom on SCL9. I wish Wakanda Forever would work on Hell Ride tiles, but it was fine in the end.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Like to see the variety of responses here.

I played down to SCL 7 (didn't know how hard SCL 9 would be, and wanted quick fights) and went bland and boring with Okoye, Gladiator Thor, and Jessica Jones for that final Pin.
    The rest were Okoye, Gladiator Thor, 5 Daredevil.

My 1 4 2 Kitty is not good enough, and probably never will be now that she's leaving Latest Tokens very soon.  Can't afford to mine for her cause I don't have even 1 cover of God Doom yet on not much CP...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    I tried twice with ME Hulk, G4mora and Rocket and Groot (Goodbye six health packs), before settling on 3-star Spider-Man, 3-star Deadpool and Nightcrawler with +2AP on Blue/Purple and another plus 2 on all AP. Collected all the purple and Whaled the dude to death. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    CL9 - C4rol, XFDP, Valkyrie :)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Cl9

450 Gthor (half health going in)
    420 1/5/5okoye (will I ever get those last 2 black covers?!)
    320ish Medusa (just for the extra dip on okoye's black every round).

I didn't really pay too much attention, and had no trouble. Doom got off his black once, which I just soaked up with okoye.  Not as fast as grocket+kitty would have been, but plenty fast enough.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamora, Doom, and... can't remember the third, actually. GRocket maybe? 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL7, used the old standby for the whole thing - Rocket, Medusa, Gamora. I was having a hard time injuring Doom until I took the time to read his powers more carefully - ah, so that's why he was healing!
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Single target enemies are fun.  5* Peter Parker's green does so much damage.  I'll eventually level up Beardo Cap to see how much his red can do. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cl9

5* Daredevil 452

5* Kitty 452

4* Rocket and Groot 287

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 3* Elemental guns on dd so he tanks yellow and green.

I wish they would normalize 5* match damage across the board like every other tier so the position of your characters determines who tanks. It's stupid that new characters will always tank because they just have higher match damage for no reason.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I used Gritty-OML.  OML is good for a tiny bit of tanking, can generate more strike tiles if bad board gets rid of all your starters, plus he's X-Men so it drops kitty's threshold to 3
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    JJ, 1/2Thor, America. Took all 3 down fast.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Played on CL9. Don't remember the levels, but I got a very strange trio: five stars Hawkeye, Loki and God Emperor Doom. Managed to take them all out first time, so it wasn't too bad.