A use for Deadpool Whale points again!

JohnnyStacks
JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
Man, lvl 525 GEDoom is awful to fight against in the Support Circuit boss node.  At least I had a tanker load of whale points saved up....

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I right that the final nodes don’t effect your time since they’re one and dones? If so I’ll probably try to beat it straight since it won’t effect clear times. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I right that the final nodes don’t effect your time since they’re one and dones? If so I’ll probably try to beat it straight since it won’t effect clear times. 

You are right. The nine regular nodes are replayable, the boss node is not once you finish all Three rounds.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Although it kind of matters since if player A clears the bosses before player B but they both end up with the exact same score at the end of the event player A would be the winner. So timing is slightly important on the boss nodes (just no where near as important as the other nodes).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Although it kind of matters since if player A clears the bosses before player B but they both end up with the exact same score at the end of the event player A would be the winner. So timing is slightly important on the boss nodes (just no where near as important as the other nodes).
    I've never, ever seen a tied score, even in CL9 t10.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I've never, ever seen a tied score, even in CL9 t10.
    Our bracket has several tied scores down to t20
    Really, after sub 1 end grind? Huh.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Really, after sub 1 end grind? Huh.
    No, we're talking about the Support Circuit here, aren't we?
    Yes, which has an end grind like any other sub event. And that's usually plenty to prevent tied scores.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that max progress is reached after 4x clears + 3 boss hits means a lot of players may not even bother with the grind. These ties may not matter too much, unless it stretch across placement rewards brackets. Even so, these brackets are likely to be lower ones where there isn't much difference in prizes to matter 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    We had a tie at 4th and 5th place in my bracket. The player in 3rd beat them by one point. I came in 2nd, beating 3rd by three points. I was in 1st with less than one minute to go, but ended up losing by 21 points. 

I think the meta for this event will either be waiting for the latest flip possible and doing the whole thing in one shot, or as close to that as possible; or catching a flip right away, then waiting until the last possible minute to grind (i.e. normal PvE).

Either way, top placement will literally come down to the final seconds, even more so then regular PvE.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    All this tie speculation may be right going forward, but how quickly you beat the boss won't matter or be a tie breaker, since you're still doing it after the initial clears and before the grind.