Same teams in pvp even after skipping?

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Skip action in pvp is broken...Or, at least, very weakly implemented. 
Not only have I more difficulties in pvp due to the fact that I chose to get all 5* growing evenly by spending hp only in classics, which makes me pair, at level 128 only with players that already have 5* champions (I don't) but the worst part is that I KEEP GETTING THE SAME 4 OR 5 ADVERSARIES WHENEVER I USE SKIP. This might make some sense if I was in the top of the chart but when I'm only in top 100 this is only a bad implementation. Please FIX IT or please someone tell me a way to get different adversaries.
I'm sick and tired of paying hundreds of iso to keep seeing 3  champed kittys and a player with a 80k thanos....

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or, at least, very weakly implemented. 
    Not only have I more difficulties in pvp due to the fact that I chose to get all 5* growing evenly by spending hp only in classics, which makes me pair, at level 128 only with players that already have 5* champions (I don't) but the worst part is that I KEEP GETTING THE SAME 4 OR 5 ADVERSARIES WHENEVER I USE SKIP. This might make some sense if I was in the top of the chart but when I'm only in top 100 this is only a bad implementation. Please FIX IT or please someone tell me a way to get different adversaries.
    I'm sick and tired of paying hundreds of iso to keep seeing 3  champed kittys and a player with a 80k thanos....
    While I didn't run into the same adversaries while skipping, I agree with the rest of your thoughts on the matter.  It's why I started skipping PvP once I got to the 5-star level.  It's hard to skip a certain team when 90% of the people out there are using it, and you can't match it.  While my Gladiathor and Thanos are both champed, my Okoye is at 9 covers and my Jessica Jones is at 7.  While that's still better than the vast majority of players, I can't match that team in PvP.  My Kitty is a laughable 0/0/1, so let's not even get into that right now. :(

It's a function of the way the game is designed - people are going to use the fastest team they can so they can get as many points as they can.  At the 4-star level, you would likely be paying hundreds of ISO to keep seeing Grockamora teams.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The skip function is a weird one. It is frustrating that it seems to cycle through the same 5 teams for quite a while before finally throwing some different ones at you. The reason I'm skipping this team is because I know I cant beat it so why give it to me again? 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    What they need is a skip and a resync button.  pay 10 to just skip to next opponent.  Pay 20 iso to resync and get a new batch of opponents.

The cache works the way it does because the game will function better with an opponent que.  But if players are willing to pay for a resync.  Then charge equivalent ingame resources.  I would gladly pay 1000 iso at any time of the game, if I could get a stack of opponent.

In fact if we are talking about monetization.  Why not charge iso, to allow players to affect who gets served up.  Pay 1000 iso for 10 opponents either easier or harder than current que.  It won't affect placement because as people climb over their roster float, they'll just get hit down and reset back to float.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's often down to when you play and where you are on the leader board.
    If you're relatively high up and you're playing at a time when most people shield, the game's going to have a hard time finding people who are worth enough points and also unshielded. And likely that's only going to be a handful of people at that time.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or, at least, very weakly implemented. 
    While I didn't run into the same adversaries while skipping, I agree with the rest of your thoughts on the matter.  It's why I started skipping PvP once I got to the 5-star level.  It's hard to skip a certain team when 90% of the people out there are using it, and you can't match it.  While my Gladiathor and Thanos are both champed, my Okoye is at 9 covers and my Jessica Jones is at 7.  While that's still better than the vast majority of players, I can't match that team in PvP.  My Kitty is a laughable 0/0/1, so let's not even get into that right now. :(

It's a function of the way the game is designed - people are going to use the fastest team they can so they can get as many points as they can.  At the 4-star level, you would likely be paying hundreds of ISO to keep seeing Grockamora teams.
    Thorkoye aren’t too hard to beat on defense. Just whittle Thor down to just above 50%!and nuke him so he can’t start collecting AP. After that, Okoye is not so great. The best support character with nothing to support. 
  • Projectus2501
    Phumade said:
    What they need is a skip and a resync button.  pay 10 to just skip to next opponent.  Pay 20 iso to resync and get a new batch of opponents.

The cache works the way it does because the game will function better with an opponent que.

All I need to know is:

- How often does the cache refresh
    - if I lose a game on purpose, or win one, will it refresh?

I would be happy just knowing the algorithm to get new adversaries...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:

The cache works the way it does because the game will function better with an opponent que.

All I need to know is:

- How often does the cache refresh
    - if I lose a game on purpose, or win one, will it refresh?

I would be happy just knowing the algorithm to get new adversaries...
    It’s a rolling cache of 8 to 10 ques,  and no winning, losing doesn’t flush and reset,  you just advance to next person in line 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're relatively high up and you're playing at a time when most people shield, the game's going to have a hard time finding people who are worth enough points and also unshielded. And likely that's only going to be a handful of people at that time.
    Why would it need to find people who are unshielded?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    Because you can't queue shielded people.
  • MegaBee
    Bowgentle said:
    MegaBee said:
    I had no idea. How do people attack you while you're shielded?
  • MegaBee
    Bowgentle said:
    MegaBee said:
    Bowgentle said:
    MegaBee said:
    I had no idea. How do people attack you while you're shielded?

By queueing you before you shield, then hitting after you shield.

Thank you!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    When Shields were first introduced, you could queue shielded people. That let to Point inflation since there was Always good targets available (if there wasn't you'd just shield up and wait for people to Catch up - it was long Before shield cooldown was a thing). It was changed pretty quickly.
  • zippee
    zippee Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    There are times when I want to play a team but I accidentally hit the skip button. Then I see a team too strong so I hit the skip button but that team keeps popping up. Even If I beat a team then that team pops up again. I feel bad, it's like if I play them again it makes me a bully. I wish there was an exclude button(use of 3 max) so I don't have to see certain teams during a pvp.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this in bugs and technical issues? The Skip button isn't actually "broken".
  • Projectus2501
    It's broken if it really does not skip..  just rolls over the same adversaries
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's working as designed, it's not broken. Whether or not it's doing what you want it to is a different issue.
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    It seems once i break 700 points i hit the Gritty Level where that is the only opponent i see.

I also agree that i can skip 3 times and have 2 of the 3 skips be profiles i have already skipped.

I understand seeing duplicate teams, but the same exact profile i just skipped within 3 skips is a little annoying.
  • Projectus2501
    If it's working as designed, it's not broken. Whether or not it's doing what you want it to is a different issue.
    Semantics appart, if you are saying that d3 says it was built to roll over the same 4 or 5 players over and over again, then it works. If not, it is broken, incorrect, misleading, default, wrong, whatever you want to call it
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    It wants to give you similar level players at a similar kind of score, and it’s been the same for a long time.

It’s probably worth developing some kind of strategy rather than complaining that it doesn’t work the way you want/expect it to work.