Chasing Kitty

Subject sounds very wrong, but whatever.  Anyways Kitty seems to be the new meta leader and I am sitting on 209 LT's and 1014 CP. 

Cash it in and go for it or wait for the 5*Danvers that everyone says will be awesome (said with some sarcasm)?

Comments

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Is your Kitty covered at all (she shows 1/0/1 on your roster page, but that might be old)? I got mine to 5/1/5 and have stopped pulling my LL's. But I think she's worth it, so I would say reach for her.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Yeah I had to stop too. Going 1/5/11 was a clear message that it wasn't gonna happen! Haha
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Subject sounds very wrong, but whatever.  Anyways Kitty seems to be the new meta leader and I am sitting on 209 LT's and 1014 CP. 

Cash it in and go for it or wait for the 5*Danvers that everyone says will be awesome (said with some sarcasm)?
    Cash in. 

Edit: should have done a poll. That could’ve been fun. 
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Kitty is pretty clearly one of the top 5*'s right now. It could be a long time before another one at that level comes along. I'd certainly recommend pulling to at least get her within feeder range of being champed if you want to conserve some resources for the future. You won't be sorry you have her.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Only at 4/2/3 here and running out of time. I have definately gotten a disproprtionate pull rate among 5*s. My Cable started today 1/11/6 so I just cracked a few tokens.

4 pulls in I got a Cable yellow for 8 banked.
    4 more pulls later I got a Cable blue, so 2/5/5 (+8).

Next Sunday I'll at least crack any LL tokens I have and then consider command points or not.
    Hopefully I get some Kittys, but at least Cable is well set for a feeder.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I opened a total of just over 200 tokens about a week ago for a grand total of 13 (+2 BH) 5* covers... and honestly, I'm still miffed. I'd say don't try to cover a single 5* from LTs, for 'tis very easy to get disappointed... but then again, how else is one to get any 5*covers.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been extremely Kitty-lucky and will champ her today. Missing only 15k ISO.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    15k ISO is peanuts. I'm millions in ISO debt. I've got a lot of characters nearly dying of ISO starvation.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    So, an update.  I cashed in and now have a championed Cable and Kingpin.  Kitty is sitting at 10 cards with 1 saved cover (sigh).  Guess until there is a feeder I am out of luck.
  • qandols
    So, an update.  I cashed in and now have a championed Cable and Kingpin.  Kitty is sitting at 10 cards with 1 saved cover (sigh).  Guess until there is a feeder I am out of luck.
    RNG is a fickle mistress sometimes. Cable is alright, I have him at 11 covers now. Kitty is boosted for next event, that will be lovely with her being champed.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I just came back to the game today after a good 8 months off and am sitting on 162 pulls.  Should i go all out and risk at least getting kitty within possible feeder range of being champed?

She seems crazy good and my only champed 5* gambit sucks big time now.
  • qandols
    edited January 2019
    T_REZ5000 said:
    I just came back to the game today after a good 8 months off and am sitting on 162 pulls.  Should i go all out and risk at least getting kitty within possible feeder range of being champed?

She is. Being boosted right now in the Deadpool vs. MPQ she breezes through anything with R&G and eg. Gamora.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    T_REZ5000 said:

I wouldn't want to enter dual 5* MMR with Gambit as my second 5.
  • T_REZ5000
    Bowgentle said:
    T_REZ5000 said:

That’s a good point.  Tried some pvp last night and being in single 5* mmr with gambit is bad enough.  

Maybe I’m better off waiting until 2 really good 5*s are in LL before pulling.  Cable and Kingpin really don’t look that great to me.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    T_REZ5000 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    T_REZ5000 said:

That’s a good point.  Tried some pvp last night and being in single 5* mmr with gambit is bad enough.  

Maybe I’m better off waiting until 2 really good 5*s are in LL before pulling.  Cable and Kingpin really don’t look that great to me.

Run you cable and gambit together.  Cable is designed to partner around gambit.  Hit yellow first to fortify,  then blue to green etc.
  • T_REZ5000
    Phumade said:
    T_REZ5000 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    T_REZ5000 said:

Run you cable and gambit together.  Cable is designed to partner around gambit.  Hit yellow first to fortify,  then blue to green etc.
    That does sound good.  

Pulled the whole lot.  Here’s the results:
    Kitty 8/2/1
    Cable 2/2/3
    Kingpin 2/0/5
    And one bonus 5* Thor.

All in all I’m happy with the results.  Wondering if I should trade in 3 covers to get Kitty to 3 purple.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    T_REZ5000 said:

All in all I’m happy with the results.  Wondering if I should trade in 3 covers to get Kitty to 3 purple.
    No. The only time you should consider swapping is when that 5* is already at 12+3 covers, for example 8/4/3.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    That’s a pretty good starting distribution for Kitty! I’ve been playing her extensively at 3/2/5, levelled to 370, boosting tiles 239 each turn. With 5 yellow you would boost 352 each turn at that level.

Her purple is awesome when I strategically get it working, and I am hanging out for more covers to take the repeater from 3 to 2 to 1. 

Maybe try her in pvp, and take on other Kitty teams to see the differences. I know when I go up against 3 or 4 or 5 purple-cover Kitty’s, I need some luck to avoid getting beat down :)

Kitty + Grocket can take on and beat dual champed/boosted 4* teams, but I don’t know how you would fare against dual 5* teams if your Gambit is lifting you to that level. If you truly don’t enjoy using Gambit any more even in new team combos, maybe you could retire him? (Don’t want to cause offence to anyone with this comment - I would find it really hard to let go a developed/champed 5* char, but after a break from the game, maybe this is justified to get your mmr down to where you can be more competitive)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    More tokens redeemed. More CP spent. Lots of 4* Bonus heroes. Plenty of champ reward tokens used right away.

Kitty is still 4/2/3.
    Cable all the way to 460.
    Kingpin champed at 450.

From here she'll be my 5* BH for a while and I'll hope for a feeder, but given her place right now, I doubt they will give her one for a while.

Luckily I already have a 5* Doom, so now I start hoarding for 5* Captain Marvel.