Strange Sights being run right after Honor Among Thieves...

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
Seriously? Could we not do that ever again?

HaT is a slog against the Nameless Ones AND Symbiotes, have another event right away where you fight them in all subs... AGAIN, paired with the likes of Ultron sentries in 1 sub.

A whole week of fighthing these slow annoying goons...  Please, no -_-

Bring back Heroics btw...  the classic ones with restrictions, that'd be good for variety.

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol.  Exactly

I kinda look forward to these events, just because I already know how to easily cut through like a hot knife through butter.  The daily grind is quicker.

Of course, I always love a new event or challenge, so yes, please bring back heroics too.  :)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I love Strange Sights. It's always my best placing PvE event because the slices are all effectively split 3 ways. It was my easiest source of HP back when I was desperate for it. (Thank goodness those days are behind me)

Strang3 + Medusa + Okoye (even under-covered) make quick work of everyone except the Ultron Sentries.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strang3 + Medusa + Okoye (even under-covered) make quick work of everyone except the Ultron Sentries.
    Just replace Strange with 3Thanos for the sentry nodes.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Shintok17 said:
    Dormammu said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    A whole week of fighthing these slow annoying goons...  Please, no -_-
    Make them pay every time they slow you down by bringing Dr. Strange. Make it worse by pairing him with people who can juice his passive yellow damage (ex: Okoye, Grocket). Throw in Thanos to make them commit suicide even faster.

Strange makes Mindless Ones and Symbiotes trivial. I mean, the guy's power set is like a guidebook on how to specifically defeat Mindless Ones. Almost as though he was created to do so...  :o
    Even better I brought 5* Kitty and Boosted 4* Grocket. Just the increased damage every round of Grocket's Strength tiles makes matches very quick and easy.
    Badly placed Eye Beam tile doomed my Kitty/Grocket team in SL9's 5e's final clears multiple times, had to resort to Thor/Okoye, mostly for Okoye's targeted red.  35k unboosted team damage from Mindless Ones are no joke.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Cage is good against Mindless Ones. They throw out enough countdowns that he fills the board with protects and mitigates the damage. Then do whatever you want with the countdowns. 4* Fist or Wasp to flip them when you're ready to go in for the kill, 4* Panther can get you some bonus damage for matching them (paired with Shuri, get them fortified, and fortified protects get loads of bonus damage). 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally love it.  Almost all goons in both.  Go go Doctor Strange!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I agree. The more goons, the more moves i get to make. I switch opponents from time to time accordingly to where their countdown tiles are or when they go off. That way i'm trying to get through without taking damage or very limited damage. This might not be the best tactic speedwise, but it's one i'm enjoying.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have had the same though as the OP a few times.  The Mindless Ones really slow things down and annoy me.

So I took a look back.  Now, not all the way.  I'm not quite sure when HAT premiered (sometime mid 2017, I'd assume, after all the Guardians came out), but just went back to April '18 because that's as far as I cared to go.

So here's the last 9 months of these two events:

4/29/18  HAT
    5/3/18   SS
    7/5/18   SS
    8/2/18   HAT
    10/1/18  HAT
    10/4/18  SS
    11/19/18  HAT
    12/17/18  SS
    1/20/19  HAT
    1/24/19  SS

Which means that there have been 3 total back to back runs in the past 9 months. (out of 5 total runs of each event).  

Hopefully the devs shake up the schedule a bit soon.  Maybe they will bring back FFW or something.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they were gonna do this they could at least have given me more luck in that 5* Strange vault.
    Two dooms...yay!
    Two banners.....anti-yay.