Day 1810... Gotcha! !

Yoik
Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Got my first 5 star Black Panther cover. Lovely ta. Optimistic I'll have the other 12 in less than 20,000 days. Fingers crossed. 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other day I champed Silver Surfer.
    Got the first cover back in Oct 2015. Only took me 3 years and 4 months!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    The Reed Richards update gave me a blue cover for the Surfer, my ninth. However, all the others have been black
     :( Like you, started playing in 2015 (July I think).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least you're still getting stuff for characters you haven't champed.
    I'm on day 1048.
    For the rest of the there are only 4 covers I'll be getting that aren't for champed characters already champed:
    Day 1090 - 3/5 - Green Goblin (1/2/4)
    Day 1180 - 6/3 - OG Cap (4/4/4)
    Day 1270 - 9/1 - IM (3/2/1)
    Day 1360 - 11/30 - Hulk (3/4/3)

Of those I'd be shocked if any of them other than GG isn't champed by their dates.
    - OG Cap just needs any cover (10 Peggy covers away from another)
    - IM & Hulk don't currently have feeders, assuming they do in the next 8 to 10 months they'll probably be champed, especially hulk.

Exciting huh?  This system used be a lot of fun to plan around but no I barely pay attention to it.  The random rewards are joke, the planned (non-cover) rewards are low for the current state of the game (probably more appropriate when they were current like 3 years ago), all as original noted pretty much everyone is champed at this point so there is little to look forward to on specific covers.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    - IM & Hulk don't currently have feeders...
    War Machine feeds IM XLVI. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    broll said:
    I'm on day 1048.
    For the rest of the there are only 4 covers I'll be getting that aren't for champed characters already champed:

Of those I'd be shocked if any of them other than GG isn't champed by their dates.
    - IM & Hulk don't currently have feeders, assuming they do in the next 8 to 10 months they'll probably be champed, especially hulk.

Exciting huh?  This system used be a lot of fun to plan around but no I barely pay attention to it.  The random rewards are joke, the planned (non-cover) rewards are low for the current state of the game (probably more appropriate when they were current like 3 years ago), all as original noted pretty much everyone is champed at this point so there is little to look forward to on specific covers.
    That seems a bit of a strange complaint, broll, old chap.

I'm sure you don't mean to come across this way but...My free log-in gift may only be a champed level for the hardest to acquire tier in the game, woe is me.

I'm not even sure that is a "first world MPQ problem", let alone a third world one. I guess it ranks alongside:

"Oh no, my champed Kitty is at an odd number, I prefer evens".

"Oh bother, my Thor went above half health, blast you healing"

"*Sigh*, free stuff, now I have to click a button"

;):p>:)
    Well, in a thread about it taking 1800 days to get *one* particular 5* cover, i think addressing the lack of a revamp in daily rewards is topical. 

there are things this game does that are ok/good, and things that they do  that are meh/bad.  if you don't agree, then fine, but your arguments aren't addressing the issue, and try to make it sound like entitlement.  

let's do the math.  31 5* in game.  that is 93 different covers.  even if they updated it to just one cover, per color, per character, per month, it would take almost 8 years to get through one cycle!

is it free stuff?  yes.  but is it ok to complain when the free stuff isn't useful anymore?  also yes.  That is why you don't hear about banks giving away free toasters when you open up an account anymore.  now, if i transfer or open account, i am getting hundreds of dollars in free money.  they changed with the time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    broll said:
    I'm on day 1048.

That seems a bit of a strange complaint, broll, old chap.

I'm sure you don't mean to come across this way but...My free log-in gift may only be a champed level for the hardest to acquire tier in the game, woe is me.

I'm not even sure that is a "first world MPQ problem", let alone a third world one. I guess it ranks alongside:

"Oh no, my champed Kitty is at an odd number, I prefer evens".

"Oh bother, my Thor went above half health, blast you healing"

"*Sigh*, free stuff, now I have to click a button"

;):p>:)
    Well, in a thread about it taking 1800 days to get *one* particular 5* cover, i think addressing the lack of a revamp in daily rewards is topical. 

there are things this game does that are ok/good, and things that they do  that are meh/bad.  if you don't agree, then fine, but your arguments aren't addressing the issue, and try to make it sound like entitlement.  

let's do the math.  31 5* in game.  that is 93 different covers.  even if they updated it to just one cover, per color, per character, per month, it would take almost 8 years to get through one cycle!

is it free stuff?  yes.  but is it ok to complain when the free stuff isn't useful anymore?  also yes.  That is why you don't hear about banks giving away free toasters when you open up an account anymore.  now, if i transfer or open account, i am getting hundreds of dollars in free money.  they changed with the time.
    I was with you until you said it isn't useful anymore. Unless you have a max champed 5*, how is the cover not useful any more?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    And please don't think I don't sympathise...I recalled myself the other week about receiving a Goblin cover from resupply making him an amazing 0/1/1 after 3 years! However we all know that if they changed it then somebody gets screwed over so we probably have to accept it for what it is.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Yoik said:
    Got my first 5 star Black Panther cover. Lovely ta. Optimistic I'll have the other 12 in less than 20,000 days. Fingers crossed. 
    I'm down to only needing a cover for eight at the moment. The roster slots for them are already purchased, just waiting to draw them. I think today's the day they give me a Green Goblin cover for a daily reward, so I'll be down to seven needing at least one cover, with Black Bolt's feeder Medusa needing just one or two more covers to give me my first of him that I hadn't previously sold. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I remember champing Venom (Eddie Brock) sometime early last year. He was my first 4-star, which I earned at an early event, and I leaned on him hard the first few months of playing. As my roster grew, and he wasn't as effective as some of the better 3-stars I was nabbing, he saw less and less play time, and I debated selling him for a roster slot a few times, but settled on the 1 cover 5-star Silver Surfer I rostered that messed up my MMR in PVP. Eventually I champed all the 3-stars, and my 4-star roster grew and grew. I think my first champed 4-star was actually Gamora as I lucked into a lot of covers for her in a short time, followed closely by Grocket, and then Cap Marvel. But I was so proud of the day I champed that 4-star Venom I held onto for so long in this game.  I'm still several months away from champing my first 5-star.