Possible redemption for the admins??

Options
To the Devs and Admins... This is being created with the knowledge that you probably will not look at it, but hopes that you notice it and see what your player base wants from you after this fiasco.

Many of us have yet to receive our Daken covers and I don't think anyone has received their alliance rewards yet. We have seen or have been told about the post stating that the Devs are working on this issue. That is great and all, but you should have let us know what you were doing about the issue as soon as it arose. Keeping everyone in the dark was the worst thing you can do.

Now, a majority of us cannot even enter the game and are losing a large amount of points in Heavy Metal because instead of turning the servers off and saving our shields, you kept them on for people to attack us. This needs to be address NOW. People are loosing points at an extreme rate, and it is more extreme than usual. Our Season 1 standings pretty much hang in the balance of this server issue getting resolved. And another slap in the face to us is a Classic Daken event and we don't even have him yet!!!

In order to redeem yourselves, I would strongly suggest that you take a close look at this poll and see what we the players want. These suggestions are to help you decide how to keep us happy. No, not everyone will be completely happy. You will always have a select few that will still have a bitter taste in their mouth for a long time. But one thing to remember about this is... "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

And the last thing that I need to say to the admins, more so than the devs... Keep all forms of communication open. If something goes wrong with the game, do not wait 36+ hours to even mention it in the forums. If something happens, this is the first place that we go to find out what is going on. Respond to tickets in a timely manner. Do not wait longer than an hour to inform us of the issues you are having. It makes for bad business.

To the players... Look at the suggestions and think very carefully as to what it would take to keep you playing this game. Keep in mind though, not everyone will get what they want. I know that all of us are completely pissed at the fact that we haven't received our Daken covers, alliance rewards, losing points in Heavy Metal, wasting HP on shields and on top of everything, not being told what is going on or any idea of how long a fix will take. It sucks, I know. I myself am waiting on 3 Daken covers, the ISO and HP from Heroic Oscorp, as well as losing a great deal of points in Heavy Metal. I get everyone's frustration and anger and it is completely warranted. Now is our chance to let the Devs and Admins know what we want, as a collective. Random posts here and there about what we think they should do to appease us will not get noticed. There are too many threads for that. We need to stand together and tell them what we want in one place. Now pick what you would like from them and we will see what happens. If there is something in this poll that you would like to add, feel free to PM me and I will try and change it. But you need to keep it within reason. If it is too crazy, you will be ignored.

TL/DR:
Admins: Fix your **** and listen to what your users/customers are saying, and learn proper customer service etiquette.

Players: Unite together and tell the Admins what it will take for us to keep playing this game, but realize that not everyone will get what they want.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Just FYI: We're Community Moderators. This means we're just some random players who wanted to help in cleaning up the MPQ forums. We're in no way connected with the D3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Where's the option for "yes, delayed rewards are annoying, but it's really not that big of a deal?"
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know. I know the difference between a mod and an admin. No one is mad at you. We know you don't call any shots when it comes to gameplay.
  • Unknown
    Options
    grimeon wrote:
    Where's the option for "yes, delayed rewards are annoying, but it's really not that big of a deal?"

The delayed awards actually don't bother me nearly as much as the time extension. What I want the most is for them to eliminate the time extension.
  • Verno5x
    Verno5x Posts: 36
    Options
    Where's the option on the poll that they don't owe us anything on top of just the rewards that were won? As someone who works in the game industry for an online game sometimes issues happen. If you gave out extra things to your players each time a hiccup occurred then they'll expect that for every small issue along with things that they perceive are issues but are actually the player doing something wrong or misunderstanding how something works. I don't expect the devs to give us anything other than letting us know that they've put steps in place so that this won't happen again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    grimeon wrote:

I vote for this option.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Verno5x wrote:
    I don't expect the devs to give us anything other than letting us know that they've put steps in place so that this won't happen again.
    I'd also expect them to tell us that they are aware that perceived reactions to recent issues have been anything but timely and that they'll do anything possible to improve in that regard.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:

Now, a majority of us cannot even enter the game and are losing a large amount of points in Heavy Metal because instead of turning the servers off and saving our shields, you kept them on for people to attack us. This needs to be address NOW. People are loosing points at an extreme rate, and it is more extreme than usual. Our Season 1 standings pretty much hang in the balance of this server issue getting resolved.

Think you're overreacting dude. This server issue would have maybe cost you 100-300 points max in retaliations that you couldn't respond to. Theres still 8 hours left to go in the tournament, so all this is doing is forcing you to grind up those points back, which is obviously extremely annoying and may have lost you some HP in shields and such, but it's not going to make or break your tournament 1 standing.
    pbrownusmc wrote:

And another slap in the face to us is a Classic Daken event and we don't even have him yet!!!

Come on, how many people were actually planning on buying Daken covers to use for the tournament? These late covers barely affect anyone playing in the tournament: theres virtually no difference between a loaner Daken and a 1/1/1 Daken: the 1/1/1 Daken is probably worse because it has a blue cover to use that ability, which screws with your other blue covers. Literally the only people that this really affects are the people who were going to spend HP on LazyDaken, which is a pretty small percentage of the playerbase I'd imagine.

I feel like if you're going to start one of these threads that just complain about the state of the game (of which these forums are literally littered with them right now), your complaints should at least talk about the real issues at hand (wasting HP on shields, being forced to regrind points, etc) rather than exaggerate about issues that aren't that significant.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To those of you that disagree with what I've stated before. It seems that you are not taking what I've said as what I meant it to be. I understand games have bugs and issues. And I understand that things happen. The main issue is that they kept us in the dark instead of letting us know what they were doing about it.

I also don't think they owe us anything. The poll is to appease everyone. An angry player base is not something they want. The suggestions are to go from angry players to content players.

And yes, I lost 320 points on heavy metal because my shield broke while we couldn't get in. What irritates me about that is, my shield would have expired on my lunch break. Then I could grind for an hour and reshield. I have kids, and a life so grinding in the evening is more difficult. So yeah, I'm upset about it.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    To those of you that disagree with what I've stated before. It seems that you are not taking what I've said as what I meant it to be. I understand games have bugs and issues. And I understand that things happen. The main issue is that they kept us in the dark instead of letting us know what they were doing about it.

I also don't think they owe us anything. The poll is to appease everyone. An angry player base is not something they want. The suggestions are to go from angry players to content players.

And yes, I lost 320 points on heavy metal because my shield broke while we couldn't get in. What irritates me about that is, my shield would have expired on my lunch break. Then I could grind for an hour and reshield. I have kids, and a life so grinding in the evening is more difficult. So yeah, I'm upset about it.

If you have a busy life and kids, then you know sometimes life is life. The chef at your favorite restaurant's having a bad day and you don't like your meal, yet they don't comp you anything. You've packing up the kids to go to the baseball game you've been planning to go to for weeks and your kid starts throwing up sick so you have to stay home. You deal, you move on.

I understand the net result of this is that angry internet people get upset and throw a fit. That doesn't mean the devs should do what they're asking for. Or what makes them "happy". I work with kids and parents, and if they're (EITHER of them) are whining for something, giving in and giving it to them is the course of action with the worst long-term consequences.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    I'd be delighted if they gave everyone a 10-pk.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they owe it to everyone. But, hell, who wouldn't want a 10 pack. The one I got as progression from Season 1 was frikkin' sweet!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Look, I've been one of the most outspoken ones condemning their lack of communications and other stealth changes. But seriously? There's asking for some token compensation (hopefully not actual tokens), and then there's being way too entitled.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There definitely needs to be something, but I think your suggestions are a bit OTT. Honestly, making sure delays are communicated properly in the future and a daken blue cover as an apology for dropping the ball this time would be sufficient in my opinion.

However, the issue where the heavy metal event is basically inaccessible with only 8 hours left and a lot of people nursing high scores that they can't protect with shields is a big deal. I would say that event needs to be blocked temporarily until they can solve these server issues, then, once it's fixed, reopen it with a later finish time.

It should be noted that I have not yet started the heavy metal event. I just feel for those who have.
  • Unknown
    Options
    those options are all ridiculous.

[sarcasm]

I mean, there's not even an option for 3 nick fury covers.

[/sarcasm]
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    those options are all ridiculous.

[sarcasm]

I mean, there's not even an option for 3 nick fury covers.

[/sarcasm]

I think they should give me a Stark's salary for the debacle they've caused the past couple of months!!! Honestly, the delayed rewards don't really matter, as long as I got them.

What really sets me off is they never have a PR person do damage control. Makes me feel like they can just ignore the masses and do their own thing. I was most generous buying HP. I haven't done so in nearly 3 months now. And I'm letting them know, I'm holding back for another couple of months just to see how they respond.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok so yeah, there's been A LOT of issues lately.

If you wanted to make this even a 1/2 way justifiable poll the options should have been tiered much more.

Lazy Dakken.

Lazy Dakken +500 hp

Lazy Dakken + 10k ISO

Etc etc. yours are all on the extremely high range to most people. I don't think it's that big if a deal myself but I would say a Dakken cover and maybe 2k ISO to every1 would be a fitting gift to the public. They don't owe it to us by any means but a thank you for playing sorry for the inconvenience gift is great for morale from time to time.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    450px-Wakisashi-sepukku-p1000699.jpg

They could always take the honorable route.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Delayed rewards are not a problem. Being stuck in a bracket where some people had major, unsurmountable advantages due to changing the rules mid-tournament is a problem. My points would have handed me 2 covers in many brackets: on mine, I barely hit 1.

Another problems is that I played games that did not count. I tried to enter Heavy Metal yesterday, won games, lost games... but there were no instant rewards, there were no points, and in the end, I start at zero with 4 hours to go.

There are worse problems in life, but it is annoying anyway.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I'm truly puzzled as to how option 1 would work: how would the devs go about "[restoring] Heavy Metal rankings and shields... to what they were"?

Personally, I think it'd be totally awesome if we just got an extra UDaken cover (or two icon_rolleyes.gif ) for the server issues and associated radio silence. Some extra HP and Iso would be... nice? ...I guess?

P.S. - I got all of my Heroic Oscorp rewards, all at once, about an hour ago.