The Roster Joys of Boss Events

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
I am so tired of switching around teams in boss events for the main node and the others. Bonus for getting essentials put to your boss fight everytime. This all just reminds me of: Can we pleeeeeeease get a UI improvement for roster presets?

Comments

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe for the last rounds, but to be done with quickly (thats the goal of pve and pvp, yes?) Thanos is quickest, especially for those puny wave nodes in the first 2 days.

also: not the point ;)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Kitty on the left, Grocket on the right and whichever character is essential in the middle. Problem solved
    If you put Grocket on the left and Kitty on the right, can she boost his attack tiles on the turn they are created?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Kitty on the left, Grocket on the right and whichever character is essential in the middle. Problem solved
    If you put Grocket on the left and Kitty on the right, can she boost his attack tiles on the turn they are created?
    Assuming you mean "stage" left and right here, then yeah, she does.
    Also, seriously, the ordering of Characters in the three different places they occur is really kind of messed up. Using left and right from the player's PoV, the Center character in the team select screen ends up being furthest to the right of the characters on the main screen, but their AP/power bar is furthest to the left. Not a single one of those actually matches up.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    That only works if Kitty and Grocket are never the essential character. If they are, then they get moved to the middle and someone else gets picked as your third.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    So the order to put them is this?

Kitty.         Essential.          Rocket

is this correct? Is that suppose to boost them on your first turn? If so, it did work when I tried it in sim.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Kitty has one cover, so I've been using:

5-star Thanos    Essential/Scarlet Witch    Old Man Logan

Scarlet Witch for the fights vs Galactus for super fast purple...assuming Galactus lives long enough for us to activate it.  In the early rounds, that rarely happens.  Since Galactus is the only enemy, Court Death doesn't get triggered, so Scarlet Witch doesn't take any damage from it.  I respeced Thanos to 5/5/3, for some extra time/damage from his Infinite Power.

With OML as the third, he regenerates the health he lost in the side nodes (Where Court Death triggers multiple times) during the fight with Galactus.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just been using Chavez for Galactus so far. She headbutts him to death before I generally get to fire any powers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love how after all these years the auto selected essential is still garbage.
    Sure, pick my 2* Hawkeye when I have the champed 5* on the bench.
  • MoosePrime
    Bowgentle said:
    I used MEHulk last night to fight Galactus, and again this morning.  After doing a non-Hulk essential, when I went to the Hulk essential, 3* Hulk was back in that spot.
  • MoosePrime
    Bowgentle said:
    I used MEHulk last night to fight Galactus, and again this morning.  After doing a non-Hulk essential, when I went to the Hulk essential, 3* Hulk was back in that spot.
    Because for the Hulk essential, it specifically says “Hulk (Indestructible)”. So you’re forced to use 3* Hulk on that node.
    You're right.  That explains why I couldn't find MEHulk in my roster.  I thought it was just a "The Hulk" essential.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Iron Fist (boosted to 367), Kitty (320), Grocket (306).  I know this won't last, but in round 6, Galactus has yet to resolve a single countdown so far.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drlex said:
    So the order to put them is this?

Kitty.         Essential.          Rocket

is this correct? Is that suppose to boost them on your first turn? If so, it did work when I tried it in sim.
    That's got Kitty on house left, not stage left. You want (from your PoV) Grocket, Essential, Kitty.
    And no, start of turn Passives don't trigger on your first turn.