Sarkhan Unbroken: Official Thread

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in Planeswalker Details

manabluepngmanaredpngmanagreenpng Sarkhan Unbroken manabluepngmanaredpngmanagreenpng

(At Level 60)
-1 manawhitepng | +3 manabluepng | -1 manablackpng | +3 manaredpng | +3 managreenpng 
118 HP
Creatures: 6 | Supports: 6 | Spells: 7

"Disillusioned by his servitude to Nicol Bolas, Sarkhan fell into madness. However, a voice in his mind led him to the spot where the Spirit Dragon, Ugin, died.

There, Sarkhan found a way to travel back through time and prevent Ugin's death at Nicol Bolas's hands."

Abilities

Whispers of Ugin - Cost 9
Level 1 - Draw a card, then increase one of your colored mana bonuses by 1 (chosen randomly) until end of turn.
Level 2 - ...increase your mana bonuses on each of that card's colors by 1 until end of turn.
Level 3 - ...by 2 until end of turn.
Level 4 - ...by 2 for 3 turns.

Temur's Hunger - Cost 15
Level 1 - Create a Minor Tarkir Dragon Token.
Level 2 - Create a Tarkir Dragon Token.
Level 3 - Create a Major Tarkir Dragon Token.
Level 4 - Create a Major Tarkir Dragon Token. Create a Temur's Hunger Token.

Sangrite Overlords - Cost 21
Level 1 - Fetch the next creature with power 6 or greater from your library and give it full mana.
Level 2 - Fetch the next 2 creatures...
Level 3 - Fetch the next 3 creatures...
Level 4 - ...full mana. Then, all creatures in your hand gain Haste.

Tokens

Tarkir Dragon
Minor - [Red, Green] Creature - Dragon: 1/1 Flying - When this creature enters the battlefield, it gets +X/+X, where X is your Red mana bonus.
Minor - ...where X is the sum of your Green and Red mana bonus.
Major - ...sum of your Blue, Green and Red mana bonus.

Temur's Hunger
[Blue, Red, Green] Support - 3 Shield - Whenever a creature you control attacks, if that creature's power is 6 or greater, it gets +1/+1 and Trample until end of turn.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Maximum power creep! Here we finally have the most broken legacy, and maybe standard pw

I'm already in a love /hate relationship
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting colour combination, with a few shenanigans the Takir can be very big.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    So...Karn, but better?
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    I am going to hate him until I could get him.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maximum power creep! Here we finally have the most broken legacy, and maybe standard pw

Oh yeah.  The colors alone would make him a top walker.  Those abilities will make him ABSURD.
    (Karn is still the most broken legacy walker though.  Sarkhan can't HUF Deploy Gaia)

Oktagon must be really desperate for cash if they are pulling this nonsense out of the distant past when we're supposed to be getting 3 new dual color walkers in a few weeks.
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    NinjaE said:
    So...Karn, but better?
    Karn lets you pick the card you want to draw and permanently increases your mana bonus, though. And his token has support synergy + conditional Prevent Damage.

Sarkhan’s ultimate here is definitely busted though.
  • Mburn7
    rafalele said:
    More like "Sarkhan the TOTALLY Broken"  am I right?   :D:D
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    rafalele said:
    More like "Sarkhan the TOTALLY Broken"  am I right?   :D:D
    If the glove fits.   
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:

Oh yeah.  The colors alone would make him a top walker.  Those abilities will make him ABSURD.
    (Karn is still the most broken legacy walker though.  Sarkhan can't HUF Deploy Gaia)

Oktagon must be really desperate for cash if they are pulling this nonsense out of the distant past when we're supposed to be getting 3 new dual color walkers in a few weeks.

Ya but Sarkhan can HUF Whir/Reason Omni Gaea
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Looks like Kiora on steroids 
  • Mburn7
    Looks like Kiora on steroids 
    I don't think I've ever said a walker looks 100% better than Kiora.  I am now saying it.

These are scary times we live in.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    There is nothing broken about him; the color combo has to happen for diversity and needed for change. I'm just glad they made a PW that's worth spending for unlike total fail like vraska 2. When karn and Boland came out, ppl were quick to label them as broken.
    If Octagon was deperate for cash, it had better ways on creating revenue other than PW sales
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:

3 new ones in the next set? 

I know of a B/U dovin 2
    And the upsurper B/W walker 

Who is the third? 

From what I recall, special pack PW are not used in PQ. Just those released in the main set. 
  • Mburn7
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mburn7 said:

3 new ones in the next set? 

I know of a B/U dovin 2
    And the upsurper B/W walker 

Who is the third? 

From what I recall, special pack PW are not used in PQ. Just those released in the main set. 
    There are 3 new ones in Ravnica Allegiance.

A new GR Domri leading the Gruul

A new BW Kaya leading the Orzhov

A new UB Dovin leading the Azorious

Both Dovin and Domri also have Planewalker decks, but you are correct in that we usually do not see those versions in PQ.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Ahh a least a 3C-PW. I will sink some of my runes in him. Nice, different color combination. Will work in legacy and srandard too. 
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    How much? $25, $35, $45, $60? 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    One hundred million $ and change. Is that too much or not enough?
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Tremayne said:
    One hundred million $ and change. Is that too much or not enough?
    But he come with a very useful rare that will be nerfed into dust a week after cash phase. Mmh, I wonder ... did this ever happen before? 
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Theros said:
    There is nothing broken about him; the color combo has to happen for diversity and needed for change. I'm just glad they made a PW that's worth spending for unlike total fail like vraska 2. When karn and Boland came out, ppl were quick to label them as broken.
    If Octagon was deperate for cash, it had better ways on creating revenue other than PW sales
    I’m not complaining, because we do need more representation of colors. But, the idea that this brings new color combinations is a little moot. Our other 3-color planeswalkers both share Red / Blue with Sarkhan, which honestly is the bulk of their potential anyway. We also just got Ral, another Red / Blue planeswalker.

Among the most popular planeswalkers, Kiora is Blue / Green, which is probably how Sarkhan will end up playing anyway.

If we truly wanted diversity in a non-RNA planeswalker, we probably could have used Tamiyo in Bant or Aminatou in Esper.