Why Character Re-Works are the best.

JohnnyStacks
JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Whether you enjoyed the last character re-work of Mr. F, I would just like to encourage the Devs to keep 'em coming.  I, for one, really enjoyed this.

I'm still not sold on if I enjoyed the previous build of Mr. F or the newest one, but I know that I played him a butt load last week and am still using him.  Character re-works are like having a brand new release.  Hey!  Maybe you could do more of this D3, and put more re-works in the rotation instead of releasing new characters every two weeks to help slow dilution.  I jumped at the Heroes for Hire offer w/Mr. F, Invisible Woman and The Thing, as Mr. F became a feeder for Surfer.  I now have 6 covers to acquire for Mr. F before I can champ my Surfer (w/3 saved covers).  Additionally, I bought Mr. Fantastic's H4H cover prior to his Crash to get him that much closer to lvl 300.  Thats 2 H4H sales that I would have normally skipped (I never buy new release offers of any sort, Hero Points or Real Money.)

So, to me, this re-work generated way way more interest than a new release does.  

There are still some 5*s out there without feeders (Archangel, Strange, Hulk, Spider Man BIB, Kitty, Cable, Kingpin, Gambit (Edit).  

You give people a reason to try out reworked 4*s, an direct avenue to increased 5* acquisition, a way to still generate income regularly and a slow on dilution, and that seems to me like a quadruple win.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    BiB Spiderman has a feeder - IW Spiderman. Gambit does not have a feeder yet though.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    1) research characters for hours and hours
    2) build character for months
    3)  character gets rework
    4)  :(
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you greatly overvalue the income gathered from reworks. I'm sure there's some, but it won't even come close to matching a brand new release. Because the people who will spend heavily on new characters already have the character receiving a rework.
  • JohnnyStacks
    JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    JHawkInc said:
    I think you greatly overvalue the income gathered from reworks. I'm sure there's some, but it won't even come close to matching a brand new release. Because the people who will spend heavily on new characters already have the character receiving a rework.
    That is entirely possible.  I just read pretty frequently the topic of character dilution, and thought that maybe this could be a possible solution.  Those that spend a bunch on new releases and already have characters getting reworks, most likely (in my assumption) are 5* or heavy vet 4* players.  A character getting a rework, like the recent Mr. F probably didn't get used by the player base as a regular core character, nor will they automatically become a core character.  But, a rework will at least provide something new to the game, a temporary bump in interest, an avenue to generate (some) income, and stop the ever increasing state of dilution.  

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like reworks when the original design is clearly poorly thought out, but not just for the sake of reworking something.

This may be due to my desire to track all scaling values for all characters at all levels, so reworks essentially throw all my hard work out the window... 8)