Following up on Hatchery Spider - I challenge you to show HS potential.

Options
2»

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @OmegaLolrus - Nice deck, looks like fun to play, sadly I miss a few components, Izoni and Sisters of Stone, but I think that can be managed.

I thought Savra and reclaim was a kill/heal combo, but you didn’t mention it in your description of the deck. I believe if it could be combined with “mission Briefing” on a blue/green walker it could be fun. I thought there was a green card that let you return a green spell, but find it right now.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @OmegaLolrus - Nice deck, looks like fun to play, sadly I miss a few components, Izoni and Sisters of Stone, but I think that can be managed.

I thought Savra and reclaim was a kill/heal combo, but you didn’t mention it in your description of the deck. I believe if it could be combined with “mission Briefing” on a blue/green walker it could be fun. I thought there was a green card that let you return a green spell, but find it right now.

Savra's just a friggin' tool box. There are still random situations that pop up that she's useful in that I hadn't thought of. Having fun with this deck made me go out and buy the Golgari Guild Kit and the Vraska Planeswalker Deck from GRN. Can't wait to get those on the table.

But it doesn't really address the problem of "another mythic rare in the same set is required to let HS hit its full potential". I had fun with a lot of decks that abused the Undergrowth ability on the spider, but then dug up enough gems to get a Masterpiece pack... And squealed with glee when I pulled Izoni. It's been totally different game after getting her.

• Tremayne
    Options
    I can imagine that Izoni is great with HS. Wish I had her, but I don’t.

The missing insects just makes HS a half card, but so far I would rate it a rare card not a mythic.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, the infinite loop is possible to set off. One creature, 9 spells. After the first gather the pack, you can easily cast one HS per turn - let it be destroyed, continue until you're there.

It's possible and when it goes off, you win. But the deck is really, really bad and not reliable at all.

Apart from this, HS is a great creature for standard anyway, with the right deck it goes off greatly. Not a fast as slimefoot, but fast enough, plus it has each - thanks to another green grn mythic that spawns 6 tokens and the fact that you can include growing rites its a great combo piece for a fetch deck. I have a lot of fun using it with Huatli.
  • Tremayne
    Options
     @Laeuftbeidir - great to hear that you are having fun with HS. Would you care to share your deck?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Savra and Oathbound Vampire work will with Vraska 2s 1st ability... The 4 life brings the vampires back _before_ removing a reinforcement. It doesn't always go off though, I think if your hand is full some of the effects are tied to the card draw part...