Roster slot sale?

Last year there was a roster slot sale

I saved a whollle year

roster slot sale 2?

please?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again. It may have gone too well, the bean counters may be unhappy about lost income.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Just hold onto them, you never know if/when it may pop up.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    We just had a HP sale (basically the same thing) at Christmas, so I'm 99.85% sure a roster slot sale will not happen in the near future.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again. It may have gone too well, the bean counters may be unhappy about lost income.
    We also didn't have a roster slot sale two or three years ago.

As far as we know, it was a one-off thing. At the very least, it's not something I would plan on happening, and just be happily surprised if it does.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Sadly, I don't think it is happening.  Last year I believe it was part of the holiday celebration (which is over now.. we are celebrating F4).  It was Hero Points, Iso, then roster slots in consecutive weeks I believe.  Just as well.  I spent a third of my HP on those three Spider-Ham covers and now I can rebuild the stash.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's somewhat a matter of perspective.  There have been more opportunities this year to purchase HP at a bonus rate than ever before.  If you are a spender, that means you can get relatively more HP to use and therefore that roster slot was cheaper.  Just another way to look at it, I guess.

Also, I've seen that roster slots are a major source of revenue/spending in the game, so I'm not surprised that there's no sale happening.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are two ways to progress and collect resources in this game. Time and money. The several HP sales represent a great deal for the spenders to get slots at a discount. There are also many mostly F2P players like myself who would like to also get the occasional discount even if only once a year and the roster slot sale was a unique way to represent that. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    One of the reasons i played PVE for placement (top 50) is to get the 100 HP daily. Aside from the HP gained in progression, and the occasional daily resupply or from a vault, it's the best source for HP if you don't want to or can't spend. 
    At the moment i'm well stocked in HP bc i have mostly caught up with every new release, so the need to go for placement and the HP that go with it isn't there so much anymore. However, quite often i still get to top 50 bc when i'm so close to that HP i feel it would be a waste to settle for top 100.