The best of 2019! [Predictions and Hopes for 2019]

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
predictions/suggestions thread for the year ahead. what will the devs have introduced/improved to make the game better in 2019? 

my top 3:

1. a classic legends token. sprinkle it in however they like, but this store needs it's own token. it's the only store that doesn't have one. why? would definitely help adding the odd 5* cover to classic characters. cause let's be honest, if the goal is to cover the latest 5* you're not pulling classics any more. which mean all those 5* rarely/if ever (unless they have a feeder) get covers.

2. a 'replay node' button that pops up at the same time as the victory banner. cause why do we have to go through all those screens to play the node again. one day i'm going to play a sub and keep track of how long i spend playing and how long i'm going through claim rewards, story panels, sub event screen, character select, team up select, story panels, over and over. i'd imagine this would noticeably reduce the amount of grind time for pve. 

3. replace the little replay symbol on pve nodes with numbers that show how many time the node has been played. can't imagine this one would be all that difficult to implement.

***Mod note: Edited title for clarity. - fight4thedream

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps you should retitle this thread to what you state in your opening sentence: "Predictions/Suggestions for 2019" (and then have this whole thing moved by a certain mod). Or something like "Hopes for 2019".
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    My prediction is : 
    ...scl 10 with 5* cover rewards
    ...better support distribution 
    ...more progression only pve events
    ...more over-priced costumes
    ...more 3 ability supports that trump the infinity stones
    ...more 4* dilution
    ...more underwhelming characters 
    ...more lack of communication 
    ...more surveys asking if we would recommend mpq to a friend
    ...more ways to increase their revenue 
    ...more announcements that are presented as great things, but really aren't
    ...1 new feature that everyone loves, but just 1 for the whole year
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope the one feature everyone loves comes by February latest ;)
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    I hope they make some schedule that pve finals and season finals don’t fall on the same day anymore, bruh, tomorrow’s gonna be a pain in the neck😭
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I would love to see this:

Release a new character
    Re-balance a character
    Release a new character
    Re-balance a character
    repeat

I think this would slow down new character releases and at the same time would help speed up the process to fix characters that need fixing (I'm looking at you, Bucky).  
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker

Release a new character
    Re-balance a character
    Release a new character
    Re-balance a character
    repeat

I think this would slow down new character releases and at the same time would help speed up the process to fix characters that need fixing (I'm looking at you, Bucky).  
    Just thinking this and kinda posted something similar in another thread.  I love it.

Also, new character animations, art and cover art for any rebalanced character.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

Release a new character
    Re-balance a character
    Release a new character
    Re-balance a character
    repeat

Just thinking this and kinda posted something similar in another thread.  I love it.

Also, new character animations, art and cover art for any rebalanced character.
    So... a new character?

I like the general idea of more regular character rebalances, but they'll never drive spending the way normal new releases do, which means that swapping new characters for rebalances is going to hurt the bottom line of the game, and that's not good for any of us.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Heres a prediction, they'll focus all their attention on a game that may seem "alien" to some of us and leave mpq in a "blackout"
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's my wish list:

Eliminate the skip tax.

Revamp PvE to remove placement, increasing progression rewards.

A 'favorites' tag for the roster selection screen, prior to a match.

For crying out loud, would they just add in Namor, God-Doom, and Red Skull already? It's been 5 years!

Increase the 4-star odds (and decrease the 2-star odds) on Heroic tokens. A 10% swing would be nice.

Make a character who passively eliminates strike tiles. This is the only way Grocket will ever be truly countered.
              (Kraven is close to this. Just not quite there.)

Re-open the dang Prologue. Elevate it's difficulty for anyone who has beat it, for additional rewards.

Bring back Heroics and some of the classic PvE events. I'm sick of meeting Rocket & Groot twice a month.

Make Supports and their tokens more available.

Don't lie to me and tell me I can accomplish 'certain achievements' in the game to earn costumes, then gate them all to a purchase of some kind. Also, don't give costumes to characters people rarely use. Give some to the meta.

Make Dormammu a really cool boss in my own event.

Keep the lights on. I love Marvel Puzzle Quest!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Dormammu said:
    Here's my wish list:

A 'favorites' tag for the roster selection screen, prior to a match.
    Make a character who passively eliminates strike tiles. This is the only way Grocket will ever be truly countered.
              (Kraven is close to this. Just not quite there.)
    Make Dormammu a really cool boss in my own event.

Keep the lights on. I love Marvel Puzzle Quest!
    Doesn't BSSM passively eliminate strike tiles? At level 5, he reduces them by 100%. Dazzler can passively eliminate strike tiles, under certain conditions. Kitty passively eats strikes 1-by-1. Doom can do it if he dies. But the best option is BSSM, unless you don't already have him. 

Dormammu Boss Event! Yeah!

A favorites tag in the roster screen may be the easiest way to implement "favorite teams" or "saved teams". I hate scrolling for 3*Thanos and 4*Grocket between battles during the PVE fast-grind-fest every night. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    another thing i'd like to see: always having one of the more recent 4* characters in the taco vaults. they got away from the increased odds for 4*, then decided they wanted us to still cover them more quickly by featuring the same ones over and over and over until everyone was angry that we had to use frostillicus again. so why not put the newer 4* in the tacos? i hoard tacos until there's 4* cover i need in there. currently sitting on 343 savories and 489 sweets. needless to say, there's rarely a cover i need in there.