Bonus Human Torch Cover

Bruinsfan17
Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
Just got a free cover with a message about something to do with the Greatest Week ever or something like that. Big announcement coming i assume?

Comments

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Maybe they are going to give feeders to the remainder of the 5*'s??? 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

On mobile at least, it's due to the "World's Greatest eek!" 

So Iron-Mouse incoming?

• Bruinsfan17
    Punter1 said:

So Iron-Mouse incoming?

Lol ya mine was partially cut off too. I assumed it said week.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    "World's Greatest Week"  seems to be a Marvel promotion?  

https://www.marvel.com/fantastic-four-week
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    www.marvel.com/amp/articles/games/tune-in-for-fantastic-four-world-s-greatest-week
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The World's Greatest Week is a Marvel.com event to celebrate the Fantastic Four. Presumably that's why the F4 are so heavily featured in rewards and stuff this week (Invisible Woman crash, Mr F seems to be up next, both of them and HT and Thing in rewards in the Sneak Peek)

The Marvel.com livestream is in 3 hours (4pm Eastern), I presume they'll announce things there (alongside comic news and news for other Marvel games).

But yeah, that's what the free 3* Human Torch cover is for, to kick off this event.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Oh. Lame 🙁
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Gotta love how this stuff is well underway, multiple people have found the details on other websites, and now the rewards are even coming in the game - all before there's been a single mention of it from any official source on here. Just when you think the communication from the people running this game to the people playing it has reached a nadir, they find a new depth or two to plumb.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:

So Iron-Mouse incoming?

Lol ya mine was partially cut off too. I assumed it said week.

Plenty of options - not just week...

World's Greatest Geek - more Spidey or Mr F?

World's Greatest Cheek - 5* Moon Knight?

World's Greatest Reek - Skunk Bear?

World's Greatest Seek - Eson the Searcher?

World's Greatest Leek - Megan Gwynn?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    That free torch cover put me up over 25CP, which got me a Lockjaw champ level good for 50hp, so I'm all in lol
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    Richyyy said:
    Just when you think the communication from the people running this game to the people playing it has reached a nadir, they find a new depth or two to plumb.
    Really? Do you absolutely need to know beforehand that you're getting a free Human Torch cover? I swear, we're running out of things to complain about.
    Nope, not at all. It just seems like another sign of how little they care about communicating anything and how slow that communication is. And obviously I meant the whole Fantastic Four celebration thing - that some players found days ago and worked out was coming - which only just appeared in print over here.
    Maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed in the communication if it hadn't been better way back when. For no obvious reason it's deteriorated so that most things seem to appear in the game before they're 'announced' on the official forum. It doesn't seem like it should be so hard to keep the player-base informed.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure "when" you're talking about because "way back when" we got updates first from Marvel.com and it was pretty common for a new character to be posted there and to get circulated around Line/Discord and reddit and even get posted on the forums before an official announcement was made here.

Seeing things in-game before they're "officially announced" is absolutely not a new thing for Marvel Puzzle Quest.
  • Bruinsfan17
    edited January 2019
    Dormammu said:
    Oh. Lame 🙁

The return of the Fantastic Four is not lame. It is a correction of an absolute injustice that occurred when Marvel's longest running monthly book was cancelled because of Marvel/Disney's cold war with Fox. The Fantastic Four started the Silver Age of comics in 1961 and began the standard of a 'shared universe' that is still the blueprint for Marvel Comics, Marvel's cinematic universe, DC Comics, and many others to this very day. The fact that it was ever cancelled is a humiliating blight in the history of Marvel, a stupid decision fueled by corporate know-nothings that have no respect for the properties they are in charge of.

All hail the World's Greatest Comic Magazine, Stan Lee's greatest creation after Spider-Man.
    If it leads to new in game features/modes/characters than Yay! But if this is just some comic book related, one time prize than to me it’s just whatever. Love the whole marvel universe and all but I have no interest in comics what so ever. 
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Just got a free cover with a message about something to do with the Greatest Week ever or something like that. Big announcement coming i assume?
    I got a 3* Human Torch for Greatest eek.  I lol'd.

"eek" is how it showed up on Steam.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    Dormammu said:
    Richyyy said:
    Just when you think the communication from the people running this game to the people playing it has reached a nadir, they find a new depth or two to plumb.
    Really? Do you absolutely need to know beforehand that you're getting a free Human Torch cover? I swear, we're running out of things to complain about.
    Nope, not at all. It just seems like another sign of how little they care about communicating anything and how slow that communication is. And obviously I meant the whole Fantastic Four celebration thing - that some players found days ago and worked out was coming - which only just appeared in print over here.
    Maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed in the communication if it hadn't been better way back when. For no obvious reason it's deteriorated so that most things seem to appear in the game before they're 'announced' on the official forum. It doesn't seem like it should be so hard to keep the player-base informed.
    Alternatively, they were letting Marvel take the lead on a promotion that Marvel organised.
    It's not exactly new behaviour for this game.  Back when characters were announced on Marvel's news site, it would be radio silence on the forums until the news article went live.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Logically speaking, if you want to reach your biggest and widest playerbase, it makes sense to announce news like this through in-game pop-up before the forum.

Since this is a Marvel event, Marvel should be announcing all these news before the devs do so. It doesn't make sense for the dev to announce the celebration before Marvel does, unless Marvel hired the dev as their only PR firm.