January Release

GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
edited January 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
@Brigby any new details on the January release hinted at in the anniversary blog post?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76463/mtgpq-holiday-anniversary-celebration-updated-12-27-18

Comments

• BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Yea you get in line for a couple hours, and then when it’s your turn they dump hot garbage on you. “Thanks for coming out, kid”
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    @Brigby not even a bite here? How about a "yeah, that release is still planned but I don't have a date" or "a more detailed blog post is imminent"?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Should we expect any news ravnica allegiance related? Mechanics some preview cards etc, or it's too early for that yet? (having both azorius and orzhov in the same set I am overly excited) 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tilwin90 said:
    Should we expect any news ravnica allegiance related? Mechanics some preview cards etc, or it's too early for that yet? (having both azorius and orzhov in the same set I am overly excited) 
    I'm going out on a limb and saying that its too early (and Gruul and Simic are better, although I do like Orzhov on occasion)
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Mburn7 said:
    Tilwin90 said:
    I'm going out on a limb and saying that its too early (and Gruul and Simic are better, although I do like Orzhov on occasion)

I just love 'em all... Can't wait to mix and match 'em between Allegiance and Guilds.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Brigby, thanks!
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    As of this moment, I'm unaware of any teases or sneak peeks planned on being shared regarding the next card set. Having said that though, I do know that Oktagon has a brief blog post written up about a new quality-of-life setting that's being added in 3.2. Keep an eye out for when that gets posted!
    Ahhh, I cannot wait.  This is much longed for.  
  • KageTora
    KageTora Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    starfall said:
    Brigby said:
    I do know that Oktagon has a brief blog post written up about a new quality-of-life setting that's being added in 3.2.
    "BUGS: On/Off"
    Except it's bugged and you can't actually switch it to "Off".
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    As of this moment, I'm unaware of any teases or sneak peeks planned on being shared regarding the next card set. Having said that though, I do know that Oktagon has a brief blog post written up about a new quality-of-life setting that's being added in 3.2. Keep an eye out for when that gets posted!
    What about the q and a?
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Unless that QoL setting is a "Resume Match" feature, no one cares.

Fix the games damn spaghetti code already.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brakkis Now now, no need to slur the good name of spaghetti.  :o

I think that at this moment D3/Oktagon aspires to 3rd rate code. However it is difficult to go from tinykitty code to 3rd rate.  :disappointed:
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler

Only about two weeks left in the month, and we have yet to hear anything substantial about a release coming out.... this month.

Shouldn't you want to promote it and build up hype? That's basic marketing.

Communication is a basic function of business. I know you get a largely toxic response to almost anything these days, but that isn't a reason to give up on it completely.

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    I still say the original code was written in French, and the new code is in Portuguese.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    NinjaE said:

Only about two weeks left in the month, and we have yet to hear anything substantial about a release coming out.... this month.

Shouldn't you want to promote it and build up hype? That's basic marketing.

Communication is a basic function of business. I know you get a largely toxic response to almost anything these days, but that isn't a reason to give up on it completely.

Do you think so? To me it appears that the reactions usually start positive after they communicate (and they mostly communicate well when they do, apart from some Q&A they didn't invest any love in). The tone gets worse the less we hear by them - and they usually never manage to keep on building a hype. Best example were the Dom Pws. It's always a big piece and then silence.

The longer the silence stays, the less interested the players are in the last pieces of information. So we come back to our main topic - bugs.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    @Brigby how about those 3.2 release notes? 😀
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin