Minions using Team-Up Abilities

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
Minions cannot generate Team-Up AP but they can use Team-Up powers when they have Team-Up AP--either because they were paired with a tile mover who generated it or they had some power that destroyed tiles or caused a cascade that generated it.

Does this make sense? What do you think?

Minions using Team-Up Abilities 61 votes

Outrageous! Stop the madness immediately!!!
16%
beyonderbubNick441234tph_jamesAlfje17brollBubba3210GreenyBoyhelix72BzhaiMrcl25 10 votes
Let them keep it. Life as a goon is hard enough.
63%
Isay_IsayWonko33xKOBALTxDeNappaAardvarkPepperMrBowersSymmeTreyLoosieTrilateralusBlindman13tiomonon25phillyNovaFalconbluewolfPants1000MushroomGenius808ReecohCoubiiHistamielcrackninja 39 votes
Did you know there is a real world that exists outside MPQ? I couldn't care less either way.
19%
rixmithGrimSkaldabmorazZootSaxSpudgutterWarbringa[Deleted User]ammenellgrenadierShintok17ScofieAres76 12 votes

Comments

• AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    "Did you know there is a real world that exists outside MPQ"

I lol'd

But yeah, if you buy into the premise of Marvel characters fighting via a match 3 game, why shouldn't minions be able to use team-up abilities, even though those team-up abilities are character hero/villain abilities?  The minions call in some backup.

"But it doesn't make sense for Doombots to call in Captain America"

So they're Skrulls.  It is what it is.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Did you know there is a real world that exists outside MPQ? I couldn't care less either way.
    There are sooooo many things that I would rather have the dev team worry about rather than spending even a nanosecond thinking about whether goons should be able to use team ups.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep it, but how about a moratorium on Penance Stare?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    If your conscience is clear, you won't get hurt...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Outrageous! Stop the madness immediately!!!
    I say no for all those years in the past where Muscles have wiped my team. 
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    tiomono said:
    As a manager in a retail store, when my minions call for a teamup I do my best to get em a good one. Minions are people too.
    i lol'd

bluewolf said:
    goons can't have any fun with u

ur mean

but if you're gonna ban penance stare, might as well ban 3* punisher's red too
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I absolutely hate when I down or stun the last tile mover, and then the enemy team uses a team up. Just the expectation that I was free to go uninterrupted and then get slowed down is annoying
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I rarely, if ever, pay attention to opponent's team ups, but seeing this on an Okoye pvp team sucks.