Doctor Octopus Classic in Heroes For Hire again

ciriquen
ciriquen Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Is he in there just because he got revamped? Or is this a new thing where there will be an old 5* cover for hire alongside the event 5*?

I'm hoping for the latter, but as there doesn't seem to have been any announcement about his availability that I can find, I'm just wondering if anyone has any actual information...

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the time you get an official answer, the deal will expire, I would guess. It ends midnight Monday EDT.

If you didn’t notice yet, the new costume for VIP is for 5Ock. So my guess is that they decided to offer a cover for him alongside that going live, in case someone needs/wants it.  The offer is very short and I wonder if they will offer the other colors in quick succession.

I’m not sure I can recommend anyone using 250 CP on Ock while Kitty is in Latest, however. 
  • ciriquen
    ciriquen Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Thanks. Neither VIP nor costumes are of great interest to me, so I had not seen that connection...

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    In the Become a VIP! page it shows the Superior Octopus costume but it has 3stars.
    the fine Print says (Classic) which is the 5* . I would have bought this if it was for 3* Ock because he still gets a lil play now and again. with 5Ock since the terrible-awful-no good-horrible nerf to him, he won't see daylight til next 5E.
    I would have bought VIP had I not read this thread and I would have been so pissed!
    I'm annoyed they can't get they kitty straight and do basic proof and still chapped about the Ock reboot but 9.99$ is a better value than 75.00$!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    with 5Ock since the terrible-awful-no good-horrible nerf to him
    Clearly you didn't use him before or after the change, I guess. Or is this one of those Spider-Verse things and you're from a different Earth than the rest of us?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it gone already?  I never even noticed it lol 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    with 5Ock since the terrible-awful-no good-horrible nerf to him
    Clearly you didn't use him before or after the change, I guess. Or is this one of those Spider-Verse things and you're from a different Earth than the rest of us?
    Depends what you used him for honestly. His stun used to be amazing, now its total ****. So his black went from his best power to his worse.