Classic 5* Heroes for Hire?

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
So there's already some chatter about that Spider-Ham HfH offer (already bought, 3/5/5 now, thank you veddy much), but I also currently have an offer for one 5* Doctor Octopus black cover with 50,000 ISO for 250 CP.

It's the standard offer when he's required in PvE... but he's not currently required in PvE.

Could they be testing a new feature, where they offer a different Classic 5* cover every few days? 

I also think I heard the next costume that comes with buying or renewing VIP will be for 5* Doc Ock. Maybe this is a way of offering the character for those who want the costume but not the character. 

Only thing weird about that is this HfH offer expires in 2 days, 10 hours. So what happens if you are, say, on vacation with no reliable internet access this week and you buy VIP next week? Will there be a different opportunity for Ock if you don't have him? And there was no in game announcement for either offer.

Does everyone else have a similar offer? Or is it just me? 

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same offers for me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see those two offers as well, was wondering about it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably offering Ock because a new costume for him is now available via VIP. (you can check Ock in-game and see it)

"Hey VIP person, here's an Ock costume. Don't have Ock? Check out this conveniently-timed Heroes for Hire deal..."

Though I would definitely be down for an extra Classic 5 offer. The current rotation of Classic 5's started October 15th, and my estimation is that it will end June 20th, assuming there are NO boss events between now and then (so it'll delay half a week for every boss event). And it gets longer each time as more 5's rotate from latest to Classic, and the amount it gets longer increases as well (as a longer cycle gives more time for more 5's to move over; the first cycle had fifteen 5's, and four more joined the grouping, but where the second cycle then had nineteen, six more joined, etc)

It would be cool if they did a Classic 5 offer that wasn't attached to the event cycle, and was maybe halfway offset from it. So if Silver Surfer was run in October, and won't be essential again until June (or later), we could see a separate offer for him in February, so you don't have to wait the full cycle for him to come back around again. If people are buying the 250 CP deals, having two available at a time and having them offset so it doesn't take quite as long for a character to come back around again wouldn't be a bad thing. At least not with the number of 5's we have right now.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    So it probably is tied to the new costume. But I still think the artificial scarcity and false urgency is kinda ridiculous. 

In addition to the vacation scenario I posted above, what about all the players who recently busted their hoards and don't have 250 CP? There's no way to earn that much in game in two days if you're starting from scratch. A buy club would be your only option, something you would really only know about if you frequented the forums or Line/Discord/reddit.

Personally, I like my initial hope of this being a new feature to have a different Classic 5* cover offered every 2.5 days. Maybe y'all should look into that...