Finally fully covered a 5* - now a question

Lovehammer
Lovehammer Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Kitty Pride is now my first fully covered 5*, and I’m very happy about that. She’s 5-4-4, which is good but I’d prefer 5-5-3 for sure. Currently she is level 375, as is my Cable who is 4-3-3. They are my highest 5* champs. Loki and OMW are just a bit behind.

Should I champ my Kitty Pride? I usually use her with GRocket. I’m not super competitive but I do focus more on PvE and in PvP just try to get as many milestone rewards as possible.

I’ve heard champing her will make my PvP experience more difficult, but I’m already being attacked by level 450+ Thor/Okoye teams once I get anywhere near 800 points anyways. Will this make my climb that much more difficult? 

I’m thinking I should at least wait until I can also champ Cable (I still have over 75 LLTs) but I also would love to champ Kitty just for PvE purposes.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would wait to champ Kitty as Cable is not the best partner for her.  He could work, but you would need to race to 9 Yellow AP in order to get out some Strikes.  If the required 3*/4* makes specials, then it's better.  But I've found that a half-covered half-leveled Kitty works great in PVE.  Yours is probably buffing for around 300 each turn, so combined with Grocket and Medusa / Thanos, you could blaze through SCL 8 and rank top 10, maybe top 5. 
    Nevertheless, you could champ Kitty alone and play the Kitty-Grocket combo in PVP.  A friend of mine did that and he didn't have any problems with it.  There should be enough single 5* champ teams to queue.  Even if you face Thorkoye teams, they are easy to beat as you naturally collect their colors anyway.  Just make sure you save up some hits to finish off Thor before his 1/2 health passive kicks in. 

• Lovehammer
    Lovehammer Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    bbigler said:
    I would wait to champ Kitty as Cable is not the best partner for her.  He could work, but you would need to race to 9 Yellow AP in order to get out some Strikes.  If the required 3*/4* makes specials, then it's better.  But I've found that a half-covered half-leveled Kitty works great in PVE.  Yours is probably buffing for around 300 each turn, so combined with Grocket and Medusa / Thanos, you could blaze through SCL 8 and rank top 10, maybe top 5. 
    Nevertheless, you could champ Kitty alone and play the Kitty-Grocket combo in PVP.  A friend of mine did that and he didn't have any problems with it.  There should be enough single 5* champ teams to queue.  Even if you face Thorkoye teams, they are easy to beat as you naturally collect their colors anyway.  Just make sure you save up some hits to finish off Thor before his 1/2 health passive kicks in. 

Oh yeah I would use her with GRocket, but thinking Cable could be a decent third especially in PvE and maybe SHIELD Sim. My GRocket, Gamora and Medusa are all champed though, giving options. My 5* Thanos is only 1-1-1 though.

Right now she buffs for 352 per turn.
  • frederec
    frederec Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I'd say champ her, for several reasons.  You say you're more focused on PVE - she would be amazing there.  I've just started to embrace using her, rocket, and thanos (could probably replace with 3* thanos) on hard nodes in CL9 PVE, and she rips through them faster than just about anything else I've tried.

I'm one of those thor/okoye pvp people, and I hesitate to go after just any kitty/rocket team.  If she's not champed, it's less of a risk, and I'm more likely to hit it.  But any time I send my team against a champed kitty and a rocket, I feel like I'm rolling the dice as to whether or not I'll win.  I'll generally go for less risky teams (like other thor/okoye teams) if I can.

In fact, in many ways she pairs better with 4* characters than 5* characters, and I've seen people argue she's a great transition character.  The reason is there's lots of 4* characters that pump out special tiles easily (rocket, carnage, valkyrie, etc.), but fewer 5* characters, and they tend to be slower (like Jessica Jones, Old Man Logan, and Phoenix).

Try her in sim with rocket and medusa.  I just wiped against a team with kitty/rocket/bishop.  Also a fun team, if you get further in your 5*s, is kitty, carnage, and 5* kingpin, believe it or not.  You get full 5* rainbow coverage, constant flooding of good and bad tiles, and kingpin does some interesting stuff when there's lots of tiles around.

I have 15 champed 5* characters, and kitty is one of the few to break me out of my thor/okoye/jessica jones rut.  And this is why I play this game, for the characters that come along and get me to play it differently.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm, y'all are making me reconsider not champing Kitty myself. I might have to make the jump to single 5*.
  • Shadojakk
    Shadojakk Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    IF you are considering playing PVP, do NOT Champion her, or raise her levels f you do. You will find yourself with, even if you have ONE full level 5*, on a completely different opponent scale. This happened to me. Wait until you have 2 or 3 5* characters, then champion and level them. I got lucky as I had two characters brewing when I got my first one, and they both got championed shortly thereafter, letting me play PVP more effectively. Most four stars are not very effective against a good 5* team. Kitty/4* Rocket are now a common PVP opponent, but Rocket, unless he is insanely leveled, falls really easy if you know what you're doing.