12 Days of Meh

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's fairer to compare MPQ with its competitors in the same platform and of the same genre (match-3 rpg) as a whole. It's unfair to pick and choose the best stuff of a game and then compare it with another game.

lf we were to limit the discussion to Fortnite Battle Royale, then the game is still pretty new in the mobile platform, so it's normal for new games to come up with attractive rewards. This reminds me of Marvel Strike Force. Players were singing praises for this game and talking about how generous it was in the beginning. Now, players over there are putting the devs down harder than the players in here are. 

I think as a whole, MPQ is doing fine with its rewards. Again, it's about expectations. If you expect better free stuff with each celebration, then the devs might have to end up giving real cash to every players. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    complaining about bonus goodies, including 3 - 4* covers that you got for beating 1 node per day in a holiday event? pretty lame. 

now and again, the devs are less than generous with their offerings. but in this case, maybe turn your complain-o-meter off...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cover saving is a separate feature.  The developers could well have NOT implemented saved covers as well.  So saved covers are an improvement.
    You could say "well but they put the bad out with the good and that's why saved covers were allowed, to distract from the issue" - but though that *might* be true or even *may well* be true, the fact is still cover saving is a distinct feature.
    Saved covers and token dilution are both changes that would significantly change the in-game economy.  So I think it is highly unlikely that it is a coincidence that they were released together.  With that in mind, it seems fine to talk about whether the change as a whole was good or bad for players.
    I do wonder which was the initial change and which was the attempt to balance things?  Did they introduce saved covers to fix the customer support overload and dilute tokens to compensate?  Or did they dilute tokens to make direct sales more appealing and add saved covers to reduce player frustration at the change?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually thought the rewards were pretty decent. We got an older 4* character, a newer 4* character and the best limited 4* character. Also the fact that it was a Bishop cover is pretty decent of them as that will enable any players who hadn't been able to snag one to have a very good chance to get here by winning one fight and thus open up future PvE with Bish as the featured 4.

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    A gift is a gift.  It's more than you had before.  3x4*, especially good ones, seems like a good gift to me.  What was it, like 11,000 ISO too?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three 4* covers, to me, is not "meh" at all.  Especially when given over 12 days.  Definitely easier than Simulator and just required a few minutes of playing each day.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 12 days of MPQ is pretty good, but still pales in comparison to the 5 days of Thanos store tokens they gave out via Crash of the Mad Titan 2 years ago. 

That was - at minimum - 5 4’s with a 10% chance at a Thanos, and a big reason I actually have a champed Thanos today.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    The 12 days of MPQ is pretty good, but still pales in comparison to the 5 days of Thanos store tokens they gave out via Crash of the Mad Titan 2 years ago. 

That was - at minimum - 5 4’s with a 10% chance at a Thanos, and a big reason I actually have a champed Thanos today.
    That was pretty cool although I seem to recall at the time I couldn't win all the Crash matches. We have been calling for a re-run ever since but I guess it probably isn't gonna happen after all this time.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    ....and as for the whole Fortnite thing.  Nothing Fortnite gave away makes you better at the game.  It's all skins, emotes, etc.  It does not effect gameplay.  If you got a final cover and were able to champ one of those 4*, that actually changes how effective you are in the game.
  • DAZ0273
    ....and as for the whole Fortnite thing.  Nothing Fortnite gave away makes you better at the game.  It's all skins, emotes, etc.  It does not effect gameplay.  If you got a final cover and were able to champ one of those 4*, that actually changes how effective you are in the game.
    A disco parachute looks kind'a cool but I would rather have Bishop. :)
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    My 12 days only gave me 11 days of rewards.  I am just staring at a taskmaster token, with no way to get it, because of some bug. :(
  • DAZ0273
    My 12 days only gave me 11 days of rewards.  I am just staring at a taskmaster token, with no way to get it, because of some bug. :(
    With all the server issues the last day or so I'm sure you could probably work something out with Customer Service?