Advent Calendar - Champions day!

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
...can't select Riri Williams.

Okie dokey!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, only the original members have the keyword. Fortunately you only need one with the right affiliation, so use Kamala, Miles, Nova or Amadeus.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This just highlights we need Viv Vision ASAP.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Or that they need to update affiliations before the next event, because this is a fun event and the goal should be to allow more people on a given day with their rosters, not fewer.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    This event would be much more interesting if your team needed all characters to belong to that affiliation. As it is now, you pick your 2 best characters and just add any essential character, though the fight could be won with the two characters alone. 
    Having 3 essential would make it more a puzzle, and there's no need for speed in this event.
    And to cater to those that don't have the essentials needed, they could use loaners (which should be a good deal lower in level to make sure you only use a loaner if you have no other choice)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    This event would be much more interesting if your team needed all characters to belong to that affiliation. As it is now, you pick your 2 best characters and just add any essential character, though the fight could be won with the two characters alone. 
    Having 3 essential would make it more a puzzle, and there's no need for speed in this event.
    And to cater to those that don't have the essentials needed, they could use loaners (which should be a good deal lower in level to make sure you only use a loaner if you have no other choice)
    I mean... you could do that anyway?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    I try to use just the ones that are required. And just 4’s since I’m solidly in the 5 tier. 

But nodes vs a 368 Carnage need either Medusa or a 5 to avoid losing, so far.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I try to use just the ones that are required. And just 4’s since I’m solidly in the 5 tier. 

Kraven?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Kraven?
    He doesn’t have the “Spider-Verse” tag and wouldn’t fit the requirements for today (although I, personally, used him today)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    If they go thia route they're going to hace go crazy with Avengers and GotG tags too. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kittty really should have the gotg tag.  Black vortex is literally her event!  Part of the problem is that nothing really relies on the affiliation tags.  I really think their should a perk when you use 3 members of a team
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
    Kittty really should have the gotg tag.  Black vortex is literally her event!  Part of the problem is that nothing really relies on the affiliation tags.  I really think their should a perk when you use 3 members of a team
    As far as i can remember, there are only 3 characters that actually make use of the affiliation tags: 5* Iron Man and First Avenger Cap, and 4* Rocket and Groot. 

Iron Fist and Luke Cage also name each other in their powers too, but that is slightly different
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
    Kittty really should have the gotg tag.
    yeah, I bet everyone would love that considering the current sim situation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Phumade said:
    As far as i can remember, there are only 3 characters that actually make use of the affiliation tags: 5* Iron Man and First Avenger Cap, and 4* Rocket and Groot. 

Iron Fist and Luke Cage also name each other in their powers too, but that is slightly different
    Mr. Fantastic does also.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Phumade said:

Some supports do too, though I am not sure if that is based specifically on Affiliation tags, embedded coding, or a little of both (Requires: Spider-Verse vs the Any Hero/Any Villain)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Characters with powers associated with tags (tag):

5* Captain America FA (Team Cap)
    4* Ghost Rider (Villains)
    4* Rocket & Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy)
    4* Spider-Ham (Sinister Six)
    4* Mr. Fantastic (Fantastic Four)

Note I don't have all the 5*'s so I'm not sure if there may be some that I missed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kitty's Phase and Conquer requires less friendly specials to be on the board per-X-Man on her team. That's the only one I know is missing off that list
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    And there are supports (for example Lockheed and Quad Blasters) that grant additional bonuses based on tags.

I just think that the UI should provide some way to filter by tag when we need to make teams based on the tags!

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Also 5* Iron Man, as correctly mentioned above by MrEd95.
    His Red boosts with Team IM allies.