A bit of advice needed (Okoye and comand points)

Darryncosta
Darryncosta Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm a semi veteran player (day 858) and I have a good roster but I wanted to pick the mid of other players to see their opinion:

I'm trying to champion my Okoye (currently at 3/4/4 covers, 420 level and 4* destroyer weapon support that gives her +2 team up ap sometimes). Last time I managed to save up 970 cp so I could "buy" a black cover for her and still have 250cp in case she appeared as a necessary 5* character, buy the cover in the HFH offer.

Now I have almost 400cp again and I wanted to know what would other players do: once I have saved almost 1000 cp again:

A) "buy" again a black cover for 720 cp

B) spend it all in classic legends store, on the chance that I get her, she appears as the bonus cover of another 5*, and hoping that I don't get too many of one colour (I mean not having to save covers and still need other colour to champion)

pd: currently I have Shuri at 5/2/5 and 250 level with 7 covers saved, once i get 10 saved I'll use 120 cp to be able to champion her so she gives me a black Okoye cover.

pd2: I'm getting something like 18 cp daily as a media (from pvp and pve progression and pve missions) not counting champion rewards, so if maths are to be believed, I need a bit less than two months to get 1000 cp.

//Removed 3rd Party Links -Brigby

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I would just bonus hero both Okoye and Shuri and use your CP to draw from either Latest or Classics, depending on your other 5* needs. 
    36 pulls from Classics might very well get you the Shuri covers you need while also getting a lot more 4*s and some 5*s. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's your Shuri at? Putting her as a bonus character would give you that last cover you need in time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's your roster like? Do you have any champed fivestars or are you still in fourstar land?
    720 CP for a fivestar cover is pretty steep, so I would suggest trying to cover Okoye through bonus hero pulls. Same reasoning for Shuri, just wait for the right drop. In time, you will be glad you did.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    BH and wait for her to show up again in HfH and a special vault. It'll be MUCH cheaper in the long run and you'll probably find yourself with a very useful Shuri to boot. 
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    I'm a semi veteran player (day 858) and I have a good roster but I wanted to pick the mid of other players to see their opinion:

I'm trying to champion my Okoye (currently at 3/4/4 covers, 420 level and 4* destroyer weapon support that gives her +2 team up ap sometimes). Last time I managed to save up 970 cp so I could "buy" a black cover for her and still have 250cp in case she appeared as a necessary 5* character, buy the cover in the HFH offer. <removed 3rd party link>

Now I have almost 400cp again and I wanted to know what would other players do: once I have saved almost 1000 cp again:

A) "buy" again a black cover for 720 cp

B) spend it all in classic legends store, on the chance that I get her, she appears as the bonus cover of another 5*, and hoping that I don't get too many of one colour (I mean not having to save covers and still need other colour to champion)

pd: currently I have Shuri at 5/2/5 and 250 level with 7 covers saved, once i get 10 saved I'll use 120 cp to be able to champion her so she gives me a black Okoye cover.

pd2: I'm getting something like 18 cp daily as a media (from pvp and pve progression and pve missions) not counting champion rewards, so if maths are to be believed, I need a bit less than two months to get 1000 cp.
    May want to check your machine for viruses and malware, in regards to the links for Speed Test, Scrabble Word Finder and Solitaire, unless you are promoting them
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    save up 970 cp so I could "buy" a black cover for her and still have 250cp in case she appeared as a necessary 5* character, buy the cover in the HFH offer.
    You want to save more than 250CP. I think 5*s in HfH are usually 500 CPs. Especially someone as major as Okoye.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    save up 970 cp so I could "buy" a black cover for her and still have 250cp in case she appeared as a necessary 5* character, buy the cover in the HFH offer.
    You want to save more than 250CP. I think 5*s in HfH are usually 500 CPs. Especially someone as major as Okoye.
    Classics cost 250, latest 500.
    They don't differentiate based on quality of characters.
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Bowgentle said:

Classics cost 250, latest 500.
    They don't differentiate based on quality of characters.
    I stand corrupted. Thank you. As I never have that much CP, I only "know" the costs by curiously looking when I pass on my way to get my Tacos.  :)
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    'I stand corrupted'. You're surprisingly honest about it, i must say.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    The chance of getting a bonus hero reward is 5%.   Statistically, for every 20 five star tokens you get, you would get one bonus hero. You have a one out of 7 chance to get a five star. So that means 20 x 7 pulls 140 pulls might get you a bonus hero.  That is 2800 command points at 20 points each.  Or you can buy a cover at 720 cp each.. Or wait for a better character to come along.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The chance of getting a bonus hero reward is 5%.   Statistically, for every 20 five star tokens you get, you would get one bonus hero. You have a one out of 7 chance to get a five star. So that means 20 x 7 pulls 140 pulls might get you a bonus hero.  That is 2800 command points at 20 points each.  Or you can buy a cover at 720 cp each.. Or wait for a better character to come along.
    Those 2800 CP also buys 140 other covers though.